Author Topic: Usain Bolt - WOW.  (Read 534 times)

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
Usain Bolt - WOW.
« on: 17 August 2008, 11:23:31 AM »
Jamaican Usain Bolt left his rivals trailing to win gold in the Olympic 100m final with a new world record.

Bolt was well clear at 60m and although he eased down and started to celebrate 15 metres from the line, he still set a new mark of 9.69 seconds.

"My one aim was just to be a champion. That is what I came here to do," said the 21-year-old Bolt. I told you I was going to be number one and I did just that. I got a great start. I was getting good starts all the way up to the final. I was getting better and better. It was crazy - phenomenal."

Bolt, who becomes Jamaica's first men's 100m Olympic champion, insisted his decision to celebrate even before crossing the line was not designed to be disrespectful.

"I wasn't bragging," he said. "When I thought I had the field covered I was celebrating. I was happy." As for setting a new world record, he added: "I didn't know I'd broken it until my victory lap. "When I ran the earlier round I felt the world record was possible because it's a new track, it's fast. But I came out here just to win."
Really the first real amazing moment of the Olympics and I'm glad I was able to watch it as it happened. Usain Bolt could easily have ran this in about 9.4's/9.5's and left everyone way way behind, and that was despite him pulling up at about 8.9 secs on the clock. Usain Bolt - Legend.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
Usain Bolt - WOW.
« Reply #1 on: 18 August 2008, 03:35:50 AM »
The fact he more or less jogged the last 10 meters and still blew out everyone and set a world record was amazing!

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Usain Bolt - WOW.
« Reply #2 on: 18 August 2008, 05:22:25 AM »
Quote from: The Franchise;13430
Really the first real amazing moment of the Olympics

I guessed you missed the 8 medals Michael Phelps won?

Anyway, it was pretty awesome. The guy was just out there having fun. And he has years ahead of him to break his own record (which he'll do, easily, time and time again as he needs to).

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE, ROH
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk, Austin Aries, Dolph Ziggler, Motor City Machine Guns, Kings of Wrestling
Usain Bolt - WOW.
« Reply #3 on: 18 August 2008, 06:47:25 AM »
Quote from: Professor Prax;13528
I guessed you missed the 8 medals Michael Phelps won?

Anyway, it was pretty awesome. The guy was just out there having fun. And he has years ahead of him to break his own record (which he'll do, easily, time and time again as he needs to).

No, but everyone knew Phelps was going to win a shit load of metals after his last appearance at the Olympics what was it, 5 he won in 2004? So it wasn't really all that incredible.

Counting All The Assholes In The Room
Well I'm Definatly Not Alone; Well I'm Not Alone
You're A Liar; You're A Cheater; You're A Fool
Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
Usain Bolt - WOW.
« Reply #4 on: 18 August 2008, 06:56:18 AM »
Quote from: EclipseXcel;13534
No, but everyone knew Phelps was going to win a shit load of metals after his last appearance at the Olympics what was it, 5 he won in 2004? So it wasn't really all that incredible.

He broke a record that probably isn't going to be broken for a very long time. How is that not incredible?:lol2

Just because he won like 5 the last time around didn't mean people thought he was going to win 8 this year. It would actually be harder to win that much and then win more.

He won 6 in 2004 btw.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline 2Slick

Usain Bolt - WOW.
« Reply #5 on: 18 August 2008, 07:03:59 AM »
Quote from: The Franchise;13430
Really the first real amazing moment of the Olympics and I'm glad I was able to watch it as it happened. Usain Bolt could easily have ran this in about 9.4's/9.5's and left everyone way way behind, and that was despite him pulling up at about 8.9 secs on the clock. Usain Bolt - Legend.
So I'm guessing you slept through all 8 of Phelps Gold Medals, including their awesome comeback against the french in that relay?

Seriously, cut the American hating shit out. First you go on about basketball, then ignore Phelps, saying this was the first amazing moment? It was amazing, but not the first.

Offline Rated Punishment

Usain Bolt - WOW.
« Reply #6 on: 18 August 2008, 08:14:33 AM »
It was more then amazing though he jogged the last 10m and still broke the world record, if he ran out the whole thing he chances are would have beaten it with another 0.1.

He's only 21 he is the definition of "incredible".
Just when you think you have won, you wake up in hospital.
Forum Veteran
Always makes an Impact

Offline 2Slick

Usain Bolt - WOW.
« Reply #7 on: 18 August 2008, 08:21:38 AM »
I don't see him with 8 gold medals though...

Also, Michael Phelps broke 7 world records. No way is 1 world record better than 7.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Usain Bolt - WOW.
« Reply #8 on: 18 August 2008, 02:53:07 PM »
Phelps is 23...
broke 7 records (and another for the amount of medals he won)...
2 of the races were nail biters...
and he won 8 medals total.

Michael Phelps > Usain Bolt.

Both are awesome competitors, but the Phelps saga, whether you knew he was going to win 8 medals or not, was incredible.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
Usain Bolt - WOW.
« Reply #9 on: 18 August 2008, 08:09:29 PM »
Quote from: 2Slick;13536
So I'm guessing you slept through all 8 of Phelps Gold Medals, including their awesome comeback against the french in that relay?

Seriously, cut the American hating shit out. First you go on about basketball, then ignore Phelps, saying this was the first amazing moment? It was amazing, but not the first.

I honestly forgot and in any case, I think everyone knew Phelps WOULD do it. He's a phenomenal athlete but the talent pool he was competing at this olympics was nowhere near as good than at Athens which is why he's beaten the record. (No                                                               Ian Thorpe "The Thorpedo" ffs!)

Usain Bolt on the other hand was in there against more established runners like Asafa Powell and still made them all look weak as hell. 8 golds is amazing but the way Bolt blew away his nearest rivals was just godly.

Phelps 8 victories together = amazing.
But any of Phelps victories < Bolt's WR.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
Usain Bolt - WOW.
« Reply #10 on: 18 August 2008, 08:24:03 PM »
Quote from: The Franchise;13576
I honestly forgot and in any case, I think everyone knew Phelps WOULD do it. He's a phenomenal athlete but the talent pool he was competing at this olympics was nowhere near as good than at Athens which is why he's beaten the record. (No                                                               Ian Thorpe "The Thorpedo" ffs!)

Usain Bolt on the other hand was in there against more established runners like Asafa Powell and still made them all look weak as hell. 8 golds is amazing but the way Bolt blew away his nearest rivals was just godly.

Phelps 8 victories together = amazing.
But any of Phelps victories < Bolt's WR.

I agree what Bolt did is amazing.. But do you understand Phelps swam over 17 races in like 10 days....Most days he was swimming 5 miles a day in his quest to win.He at sometimes was racing back to back races! What he did was quiet an athletic feat no matter how you slice it. I seriously think the reason why you bag on Phelps and USA basketball is because you have anti-USA sentiment.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
Usain Bolt - WOW.
« Reply #11 on: 19 August 2008, 10:07:02 PM »
Did anyone see Usain Bolt jog through his qualifer today?! :lol2:

Amazing.