Author Topic: Jeff Hardy Suffers Broken Neck at Tuesdays Tapings  (Read 684 times)

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
Jeff Hardy Suffers Broken Neck at Tuesdays Tapings
« on: 17 August 2008, 02:56:37 AM »
F4Wonline.com is reporting that Jeff Hardy was said to have suffered a broken neck on Tuesday night when missing an appearance at Best Buy yesterday in Rockford. Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase replaced him at the signing. He also missed last night's house show but no reason was given for his absence. It's being said that on Tuesday there was no indication of Hardy suffering a serious injury in his match with Shelton Benjamin, but he came to TV with fluid in his elbow that wouldn't drain well. He was pulled from the weekend house shows but is still scheduled to face MVP at SummerSlam at this point. We will continue to update you on Hardy's condition as more details become available.

Source: http://WWW.Wrestlezone.Com

Not only does this suck for Jeff Hardy because it seems like he was about to get another push, but it also really sucks for SD! First Kennedy, Umaga, and now Jeff. Injuries are really starting to pile up now.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #1 on: 17 August 2008, 03:40:49 AM »
What a horrible year for Jeff... from losing the IC title and basically the world title (since he was going to win MITB) because of the wellness violation, to losing his house, now a potentially broken neck... no one deserves all that.

I wish him well and hope its just a horrible rumor.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 17 August 2008, 04:32:03 AM »
This has been a very very bad year for jeff hardy yet a very very good year for him at the same time in ring wise, i haven't seen this guy this good in the ring ever. he has pulled out great matches with Jericho,Michaels,Umaga,Benjamin,Orton and of course he was in that elimination chamber at no way out.so i really hate to see all these bad things happen with jeff at this time where he has had some great matches this year.

and like shanti said this also sucks for smackdown losing him,kennedy and umaga. hopefully these injuries won't last that long. and even with these injuries good can come of it because this will give some fresher guys a chance.i just hope the one getting the chance won't be Vladimir koslove.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #3 on: 17 August 2008, 10:52:16 AM »
Quote from: Professor Prax;13388
What a horrible year for Jeff... from losing the IC title and basically the world title (since he was going to win MITB) because of the wellness violation, to losing his house, now a potentially broken neck... no one deserves all that.

I wish him well and hope its just a horrible rumor.

You had no sympathy for Kennedy but you do for Hardy? Sense much. :huh

Offline Oly J

« Reply #4 on: 17 August 2008, 11:46:10 AM »
I checked WWE.com as soon as I saw this and didn't see anything reguarding Jeff being injured and I would've thought they'd call off the match or something if it was too serious so hopefully this is just a rumor...sucks if it's true Jeff Hardy's one of my favorite wrestlers and he's had to put up with too much crap this year as it is

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 17 August 2008, 02:30:26 PM »
Quote from: Oly J;13433
I checked WWE.com as soon as I saw this and didn't see anything reguarding Jeff being injured and I would've thought they'd call off the match or something if it was too serious so hopefully this is just a rumor...sucks if it's true Jeff Hardy's one of my favorite wrestlers and he's had to put up with too much crap this year as it is

they will probably make it look like MVP injures hardy at summerslam and play it off as that or something. so MVP can say he has taken out both hardys before or something.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 17 August 2008, 04:10:05 PM »
Quote from: The Franchise;13427
You had no sympathy for Kennedy but you do for Hardy? Sense much. :huh

Spam much?

Where did I say that I didn't have any sympathy for Kennedy? I just said that he was injury prone and that he's ruined the chances WWE has given him (every single one of them) and that he doesn't deserve to get pushed when he comes back.

On the other hand, Hardy had a wellness violation which I believe was either an accident or a truly momentary lapse in judgment, he's had his house burned down, his dog died, and he lost everything he had in WWE almost simultaneously.

Now he broke his neck. This isn't a leg or an angle or an arm which heels in a month or two. If he seriously broke his neck, he could be out for over a year.

and you're telling me he doesn't deserve at least a little more sympathy than Kennedy?

How about you stick to the topic and not your feeble attempts to make me look bad.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #7 on: 18 August 2008, 09:37:49 AM »
It appears that Jeff Hardy has NOT suffered any kind of neck injury and apparently that was just an excuse Best Buy employees were giving fans that were expecting to see him. He was having problems with an elbow infection, however, and missed the signing because it needed to be drained. He is now fine and of course will not be missing any ring time.

Dumb ass Best Buy people :@. If they are gonna make up an excuse for Hardy not being then they could of said something else besides a broken neck.
"This is my welcome!"

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 18 August 2008, 09:45:57 AM »
yeah i kind of figured after watching summer slam. which makes his match with MVP go down more because i thought they ended it and made it not as good as it could be because if his injury.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #9 on: 18 August 2008, 09:47:47 AM »
Quote from: Adampro123;13542
yeah i kind of figured after watching summer slam. which makes his match with MVP go down more because i thought they ended it and made it not as good as it could be because if his injury.

Don't see how it made MVP look bad. I think he's gonna be the next in line for Trip's title and Jeff is probably going to fued with Shelton which is why they had him come out.
"This is my welcome!"

Offline Oly J

« Reply #10 on: 18 August 2008, 09:50:12 AM »
ah well at least he's not injured

Offline Pj-34

« Reply #11 on: 18 August 2008, 10:34:08 AM »
I was never a big fan of Jeff Hardy's but you gotta have no soul not to feel any bit of emotion for the guy at this point. Losing his IC title, not getting to win at WM, getting suspended, losing his dog and his house and now getting a broken neck, and he can't even smoke up some green or else he gets suspended again...feel sorry for the guy, I can light up any time I want.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 18 August 2008, 12:52:20 PM »
Quote from: CLMark;13543
Don't see how it made MVP look bad. I think he's gonna be the next in line for Trip's title and Jeff is probably going to fued with Shelton which is why they had him come out.

no one ever said it made MVP look bad.i said it made the match go down rating wise more for me because at first i thought the reason they didn't have the match go as long and wasn't as good as it could have been was because of jeffs broken neck. but after hearing that jeff wasn't injured there really wasn't any excuse.

but i agree with what you think they're going to do. or at least i think they should do that.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #13 on: 18 August 2008, 02:58:19 PM »
Quote from: CLMark;13540
Dumb ass Best Buy people :@. If they are gonna make up an excuse for Hardy not being then they could of said something else besides a broken neck.

Just another reason for me to hate best buy. I'm planning a best buy rant for later based on an experience I had last week there, but this is just ****ing ridiculous. Who says that someone broke their neck? That's just stupid.

But I did find it a bit odd that the announcers were kind of teasing the neck injury.

Either way, really happy he isn't injured.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #14 on: 18 August 2008, 04:53:10 PM »
As bad as it sounds I was hoping Hardy did break his neck. I don't like the guy and maybe if it did it would teach him hoq to wrestle and not rely on the high spot.... Now as for what the Best Buy people did equals an EPIC FAIL!

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!