Author Topic: TNA No Longer Papering PPV Events.  (Read 3592 times)

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
TNA No Longer Papering PPV Events.
« Reply #15 on: 17 August 2008, 05:38:57 PM »
Quote from: CLMark;13442
That's not necessarily true. There is nothing wrong with staying in Orlando and using venues with less than 8500 as long as their making the money. TNA can still go over seas once in a while but not every friggin month. As long as they are using venues with a smaller capacity and making money instead of actually losing it, there is no need to go overseas every month to shoot a ppv. Fans will be able to buy DVDs, merchandise, ppvs, and watch them on TV.

8500?! The most TNA has ever gotten in Orlando is about 900.

Quote from: Professor Prax;13444
Three problems with this:

- Going overseas is VERY expensive. Sure they might sell out a 10,000 seat arena and sell some merchandise, but the expense won't justify the trip. WWE pulls it off because they do a ton of shows at once, sell them all out and do most of them in bigger arenas. TNA can't pull that off.

Plane tickets are cheaper than ever, "credit crunch or no credit crunch". And lets look at some finances, now for example. 10000 overseas tickets sold = $400,000. (add the merch sales + PPV buys on top of that) now compare that figure with US average PPV 3,500 tiks = $140,000. That's a difference of $260,000 just there. Now those travel expenses and w/e expenses cant even begin to wreck into that.

- All of these overseas ppvs will have to be taped.

False. Earlier PPV times could easily have the PPV times in the UK from E.G. 8-11pm meaning east coast of the US getting the PPV at 3-6pm in the afternoon.

PS. iMPACT is taped anyway every week so I can't imagine a big enough number would be that bothered to watch the PPV on tape delay when they watch iMPACT sometimes 3 weeks behind. Also TNA could easily broadcast the PPV live on TNA.com or something if they really wanted to have a tape delay on PPV.

- And this is the worst one... it will alienate any fans they have in North America. Any fans that actually do go to TNA PPVs will start asking themselves why TNA isn't staying in the states and going to their towns for PPVs anymore. They will start wondering why they appreciate the fans in overseas countries more than they do themselves, and they will stop going to events, stop buying merchandise, and stop watching Impact and pay-per-views.

I think it will have the complete opposite. Less events in the US will make them more special to those American fans and the crowds will actually rise at those iMPACT events. Now considering a very, very, tiny, small percentage of fans who watch TNA actually attend a PPV I see this as a nothing really.

And what about us? The Palas, Franchises, GioGoiBois of this world.. If we watch TNA as a fan from outside the US and get what 6 events in a year that we could attend, are we not being alienated too? We actually appreciate the product more than the American ones. Because in America you can watch TNA, WWE, ROH or any of the many indy promotions. In Europe/UK we have NWE (Italy) and things like BWF who go to arenas with like 100/200 seats.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #16 on: 17 August 2008, 05:41:27 PM »
Quote from: The Franchise;13460
8500?! The most TNA has ever gotten in Orlando is about 900.

I said using venues with a seating capacity less than 8500.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #17 on: 17 August 2008, 05:44:46 PM »
Quote from: CLMark;13462
I said using venues with a seating capacity less than 8500.

I apologize Shanti I worded that wrong. If TNA was to look for venues in Orlando then it should be anything about 3500 max although I'd personally really say about 2000 max at most.