Author Topic: My idea for Bound For Glory = PPV Buys??  (Read 854 times)

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
My idea for Bound For Glory = PPV Buys??
« on: 15 August 2008, 11:22:43 PM »
Now I've seen and got every single TNA monthly 3 hour PPV on DVD so I know this hasn't happened but I rarely watch iMPACT because its just crap most of the time and I can't confirm this to be 100% so I will ask this; have the two biggest stars in TNA ever faced each other one-on-one?? If not then this would be a great marquee Main-Event match for TNA's Bound For Glory (OUR WrestleMania, SuperBowl etc.) of course by now I hope you all know I'm referring to......

KURT ANGLE versus JEFF JARRETT.

Surely if not then this match would = those higher PPV numbers TNA is always trying to eventually reach. I mean I for one would personally send TNA HQ in Nashville, TN a banking cheque for the UK equivalent of the $PPV price to see it happen just to applaud them for doing it.

Offline Pala!

« Reply #1 on: 16 August 2008, 12:35:40 AM »
It could but I don't know. I have'nt watched TNA that long the first time I started to watch it consistantly was at Destination X 2007. That made me watch TNA consistently, it wasn't the great but the main event was awesome. Now I watched TNA before that but just bits and peices and never really watched Jeff Jerrett, I'm not really sure if he's that big of a draw. He could be among TNA fans as TNA from what I know draw only about 8% of their fans base to buy PPV's which is bad, I could be very wrong on that figue though. He could be a huge draw among TNA fans that have watched him in TNA before but I myself from only seeing him mostly in WWE/F I don't see him as that money making player TNA need in the main event.

Thats just my opinion.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 16 August 2008, 01:40:16 AM »
Well you should check out this past weeks impact main event.

but in all honesty i don't think Jarrett is as big of a star as you make him out to be. don't get me wrong but he has had his time but in TNA i wouldn't even really put him in the top 5 which is Angle,AJ,Joe,Sting and nash and then maybe he gets ahead of christian cage.

Anyways its probablt gonna be Jarrett vs Angle at BFG or Jarrett vs Booker T at BFG...possibly even Jarrett vs Sting at BFG who knows?

Offline Pala!

« Reply #3 on: 16 August 2008, 01:38:40 PM »
I wouldn't want to see Jarrett Vs. Sting. That happened two years ago, it wasn't that great either.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #4 on: 16 August 2008, 01:52:19 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;13276
but in all honesty i don't think Jarrett is as big of a star as you make him out to be. don't get me wrong but he has had his time but in TNA i wouldn't even really put him in the top 5 which is Angle,AJ,Joe,Sting and nash and then maybe he gets ahead of christian cage.

Hmm interesting as I wouldn't put Sting nor Nash in my top 5 because of Cage and Jarrett lol. There is no doubt Jarrett isnt as big of a draw as his opponent (Angle) would be but putting them two together one on one would be a dream match for TNA in my view. The 2 biggest stars ever in the company squaring off on the biggest PPV in TNA? That's my view.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 16 August 2008, 03:55:23 PM »
yeah out of anyone Jarrett could face at bound for glory i would want it to be Angle.i think they could have a great match. then they could have sting vs Booker and Joe vs AJ....or at least thats what i would want to see as long as sting isn't going for the TNA title at BFG AGAIN!

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #6 on: 16 August 2008, 05:15:38 PM »
Jarrett is a never was.. Like I have said before Jarrett is where he is in the business of wrestling because of his father. It is as simple as that... The fact he held the NWA title was thanks to his father.. So to have Jarrett vs Angle would be boring

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #7 on: 16 August 2008, 07:20:05 PM »
Quote from: Mr.Cannon;13335
Jarrett is a never was.. Like I have said before Jarrett is where he is in the business of wrestling because of his father. It is as simple as that... The fact he held the NWA title was thanks to his father.. So to have Jarrett vs Angle would be boring

And the fact he won 4 WCW World Titles??

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #8 on: 16 August 2008, 09:42:20 PM »
Quote from: The Franchise;13339
And the fact he won 4 WCW World Titles??

I can give you three good reasons why his world title reigns with WCW was a fail:

-His first reign only last a week.
-That title lost all credibility after Arquette won it
-His second reign he won a three way triple cage match that involved David Arquette

Also, all four of those reigns happened in April 2000 which was during the time when everything that happened in WCW was basically a cluster f*ck because of the backstage problems between Bischoff and Russo.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 17 August 2008, 12:03:02 AM »
You guys can bash Jarrett all you want but i look at him like a Triple H. he may have creative control but he can still wrestle.lately i been watching my best of NWA TNA title matches and it has a lot of matches with Jarrett in it and i must say they're actually really good.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #10 on: 17 August 2008, 12:16:55 AM »
Quote from: Adampro123;13368
You guys can bash Jarrett all you want but i look at him like a Triple H. he may have creative control but he can still wrestle.lately i been watching my best of NWA TNA title matches and it has a lot of matches with Jarrett in it and i must say they're actually really good.

I wasn't bashing him. I never said he couldn't wrestle or anything. I was simply speaking the truth about his 4 world title reigns in WCW.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #11 on: 17 August 2008, 03:43:54 AM »
My take on Jarrett: An above-average wrestler who could draw some heat who took advantage of a lot of situations  that fell into his favor. The cluster**** that was WCW in 2000, the monday night wars, procuring himself a great contract with WWE and a lot of exposure, and then his position in TNA.

Now comparing him to Triple H is a little weird, because, yes, Triple H took advantage of dating/marrying the boss's daughter, and te kliq before that, but i firmly believe that he would've stil accumulated a fair amount of world titles even if he didn't surround himself in the proper circles.

I don't know whether the same could be said about Jarrett, but, as i said in my opening statement, he is certainly an above average competitor.

A match with Angle would be great, and I would certainly watch that, and it would certainly be fitting for TNA's version of wrestlemania.

But as for the Jarrett debate, like I said he took advantage of a lot of situations, but can you really blame him for doing that? I don't think so.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.