Author Topic: Smackdown Spoilers 8/15  (Read 532 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Smackdown Spoilers 8/15
« on: 13 August 2008, 04:30:48 PM »
From WZ:

Dark Match:
* Elijah Burke b. Stevie Richards
- The match was slow throughout & the crowd could have cared less.  Burke got the win via pinfall.  

* A SmackDown vs. Raw 2008 video game highlight package is shown.

WWE SmackDown: (Airing Friday)
* Jim Ross and Tazz make their way out to the announcers table.  

* The video opener is shown followed by a pyro.

* United States Championship Match: Jeff Hardy vs. Shelton Benjamin  
- The match is pretty much back and forth throughout. The crowd is fully behind Hardy. Hardy goes for a Swanton and MVP interferes and knocks him off causing the match to end via Disqualification. Twist of Fate followed by a Swanton on MVP & Shelton.

* Vickie is backstage with Victoria.  Vickie is worried about The Undertaker showing up.  She begins to cry...  

* Maryse & Natalya b. Michelle McCool & Maria
- Slow match... Natalya gets the win after pinning McCool.

* A Make a Wish video package is shown.  

* Kendrick (accompanied by Zeek) comes out and cuts a promo.  Scotty Goldman comes out and stars a match.  

* Kendrick b. Scotty Goldman
- Kendrick got the win via pinfall. The match was slow throughout.  After the match, Zeek comes in a tackles Goldman.

* Triple H is backstage when a video of last week's arm wrestling match airs. Kenny Dykstra interrupts the promo and informs Hunter that he will face him tonight.

* A SummerSlam promo highlighting Batista is shown.  

* Khali comes out comes out to the ring and cuts a promo. Triple H comes out. Next is Kenny. Khali stays outside to observe the match.

* Triple H b. Kenny Dykstra
- Triple H got the win via pinfall after hitting a pedigree. He then fights with Khali clotheslining him out of the ring. They have a staredown as Khali exits.

* Big Show b. Ryan Reddick
- Reddick doesn't even make a formal entrance.  Big Show squashes him with a knockout punch followed by the three-count.  

* MVP cuts a promo backstage.  

* Vickie is backstage again with Victoria.  She is still panicking.

* Ron Killings video promo is shown.

* Victoria rolls Vickie to her limo where she finds Edge inside. She screams and falls to the ground. Edge gets out and tells Vickie he's taking her to hell. Vickie cries.

* Vladimir Kozlov b. Festus
- Kozlov got the win via pinfall.  

* A 15th Anniversary Raw DVD video package is shown.  

* Edge is still rolling Vickie around backstage. She is screaming at the top of her lungs. Edge says he will roll her to the ring.

* Edge comes out to the ring with Vickie. He cuts a promo talking about marriage. He then shows a video of "memory lane" between him and Vickie. Edge pleads with her to apologize to The Undertaker. She says she sorry. Edge begs for The Undertaker to come out. He then walks up the stage while Vickie stays in the ring crying as SmackDown goes off the air.

Although that Edge promo at the end is probably going to be good... three weeks without a main event and the best match ending in DQ again just annoying. Three matches were squashes with jobbers (I'm including Kenny Dykstra in that list). I'm not even going to bother with this one.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline WWEFANbOy

Smackdown Spoilers 8/15
« Reply #1 on: 13 August 2008, 04:37:02 PM »
sounds like a good smackdown to me

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
Smackdown Spoilers 8/15
« Reply #2 on: 13 August 2008, 04:43:35 PM »
Quote from: Professor Prax;12909
From WZ:

Although that Edge promo at the end is probably going to be good... three weeks without a main event and the best match ending in DQ again just annoying. Three matches were squashes with jobbers (I'm including Kenny Dykstra in that list). I'm not even going to bother with this one.

Here Here. I don't even know If I'm going to bother to watch SS. The creative build towards all the matches have been very lack luster.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
Smackdown Spoilers 8/15
« Reply #3 on: 13 August 2008, 05:26:57 PM »
This is the most important Smackdown of the year:

World Wrestling Entertainment developmental talents Colt Cabana and Jay Bradley made their WWE television debuts at this week

Offline Dale

Smackdown Spoilers 8/15
« Reply #4 on: 13 August 2008, 07:34:00 PM »
I was going to watch SmackDown regardless, but I will most certainly be watching it now for Colt alone, although it will be strange not seeing him as Colt Cabana. Hopefully it's just a TV test as Colt Cabana not being Colt Cabana would suck.

SmackDown on a whole sounds pretty uneventful but there's one thing that is continuosly pissing me off is the MVP situation. It's getting beyond a joke now with all these DQ's and No Finishes that he's always involved in one way or another. It's completely pathetic.

Offline Barz

Smackdown Spoilers 8/15
« Reply #5 on: 13 August 2008, 09:03:28 PM »
This show sounds horrible this week. A few too many squash matches for my liking. I haven't seen Smackdown in a while, but glad to see Kenny is back on the show sucks to see him being fed to Triple H though. I think right now with Kennedy and Umaga injured pushing Kenny could be a smart thing to do as he has the look and talent to get over if pusehd right.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
Smackdown Spoilers 8/15
« Reply #6 on: 14 August 2008, 03:59:39 AM »
Quote from: Ultramanits BLACK;12925
This is the most important Smackdown of the year:

World Wrestling Entertainment developmental talents Colt Cabana and Jay Bradley made their WWE television debuts at this week

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Dale

Smackdown Spoilers 8/15
« Reply #7 on: 14 August 2008, 06:10:21 PM »
Quote from: Mr.Cannon;13071
Now.... I'm offcially pissed I didn't go to SD! I missed Colt ****ing Cabana! That is some bullshit!

Well you shouldn't really as he wasn't playing the Colt Cabana gimmick so there's a little of relief for you. I do think that if he gets called up properly then he will stick with the Colt Cabana gimmick and because this was a tv tryout, there's no point using his proper gimmick where he is simply going to job.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Smackdown Spoilers 8/15
« Reply #8 on: 16 August 2008, 03:00:37 AM »
this sounds really strange for me to say but you guys are being to hard on smackdown. i thought it was another pretty good smackdown.

koslov and festus actually had a really good little match

R-Truth segments are good.

Good to see colt cabana on WWE TV. but not good to see him as scotty goldmen....urgg no colt music no colt name and he only got to do the butt butt. he did do a small interview.like evan bourne style so it looks like....scotty goldmen....(i hate saying that)..will be staying around and no more colt. still a ok match for a squash. colt sold well to both kendrick and zeik. and its also good to see kendrick winning...just wish he didn't have to squash colt.

i don't really know jay bradly so i can't really say anything expect i don't think there is room for him on the SD roster. looks like WWE just ended the umaga/big show feud for no reasoning what so ever....stupid WWE shame on you.

Nice to see kenny dykstra back. i was hoping after i saw him cut in on triple hs promo he would actually win or at least make it a good match....but hey look triple h squashing another young talent...great job triple h.

Shelton vs Hardy have puuled out 2 fantastic matches the past 2 weeks, i was disappointed to see MVP run in and ruin what could have been a 4 or maybe 4+ star match for me. but im glad shelton kept his title.

Speaking of MVP he cut a great backstage promo too.

and then finally edge with another great main event segment. not as good as the past 2 weeks but still good stuff here. i really love edge at the moment which is saying a lot since i hated the guy just a few years ago.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
Smackdown Spoilers 8/15
« Reply #9 on: 16 August 2008, 11:23:08 AM »
I'm sure at the end of the English Smackdown, for about 30 minutes there was nothing but adverts, not even a promo. It showed the Festus match and then a recap of whats happened between Edge and Vickie.

Offline Oly J

Smackdown Spoilers 8/15
« Reply #10 on: 17 August 2008, 06:31:57 PM »
what the hell? they cut all the edge moments out of the UK broadcast, ....why the hell did they do that?

Offline Dale

Smackdown Spoilers 8/15
« Reply #11 on: 17 August 2008, 06:39:11 PM »
- Sky Sports edited Edge's segments out of this week's SmackDown broadcast because of the kidnapping overtones and the "disturbing hostility shown by the character of Edge towards the character of Vickie Guerrero." Sky stated that it was WWE who edited the show, not them. WWE has a list of guidelines from Sky and WWE edits the show before they send it out. A "From the Vault" video was aired to make up for the time lost with the Edge and Vickie segments.

There you go :)

Offline Oly J

Smackdown Spoilers 8/15
« Reply #12 on: 17 August 2008, 09:07:44 PM »
yeah I noticed the from the vault thing but it sucks they didn't air the Edge parts, Edge was the main reason I watched the show...I mean sure we got an Edge match from Summerslam last year but I'd much rather see the promos