Author Topic: Mick Foley To TNA? Returning to the Ring.  (Read 1016 times)

Offline bele_nine

Mick Foley To TNA? Returning to the Ring.
« Reply #15 on: 26 August 2008, 10:57:33 PM »
[quote=The Franchise

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #16 on: 27 August 2008, 04:17:51 AM »
I was listening to a wrestling podcast tonight and they were talking about this. They made a great point by saying that Foley is creative. If he signs with TNA (which at this point I'm assuming he does) not only will he be very useful for a storyline with Abyss he can help TNA in a big way on the creative side. Mick Foley is a creative guy and can cut a hell of a promo when he wants to and TNA needs to utilize that to the full extent. He can give the guys pointers on promos and god knows TNA needs some help on the creative side.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #17 on: 27 August 2008, 11:06:52 PM »
Quote from: PW Torch.com
It has been confirmed that Mick Foley has agreed to a contract with TNA and will debut once his WWE contract expires on September 1, 2008. His signing will have him involved with other Spike TV projects.

All but officially announced then. I wonder if he will debut at No Surrender and what kind of role he will have in the company. I'd like to see him take up the kind of role Shanti mentioned before, it would help the company and the younger stars.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #18 on: 28 August 2008, 03:46:08 AM »
YES YES YES! i hope he becomes one of the writers over time i also wouldn't mind him being a commentator replacing don west if TNA would ever see he isn't that good at the announcers table. or in like some sort of mentor role. maybe a few matches here and there kind of like nash does but not to much in ring time unless its a big feud built up.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #19 on: 28 August 2008, 11:23:56 AM »
I think he wants to wrestle..... Sting again. (N)

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE, ROH
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk, Austin Aries, Dolph Ziggler, Motor City Machine Guns, Kings of Wrestling
« Reply #20 on: 1 September 2008, 08:57:02 AM »
Well according to Mick ... he hasn't signed with TNA

Quote from:

Mick Foley recently attended a Cleveland Indians game to throw out the opening pitch, and Matt Loder of Letstalkwrestling.com reported that Foley has NOT signed with TNA as of yet. Foley reportedly said "well, I can say that is NOT true, though I may try out a PPV with them." Foley was attending the game through a WWE sanctioned autograph signing and apparently was unaware of internet rumors claiming he was leaving WWE in favor of TNA. Foley's WWE contract is set to expire this Monday, so legally he cannot sign a TNA contract until then even if he wanted to. You can read the entire article at this link.
[/B]Source: WrestlingZone.com

Quote from:
Mick Foley, who has been the talk of the wrestling community as of late due to the fact he's supposed to be gone and going to TNA, made a stop in Cleveland today at the Indians baseball game and threw out the first pitch and signed autographs for fans. I made my way through the line and got a chance to speak with Mick on the TNA rumor and what exactly is going on:

Matt: "Mick, so what is true on these rumors of your leaving?"

Foley: "I didn't even know there were rumors."

Matt: "Various sites are reporting you are leaving WWE and signing with TNA...is that true?"

Foley: "Who reported that?"

Matt: "It's all over wrestling sites on the net"

Foley: "Well, I can say that is NOT true, though I may try out a PPV with them."

So there you have it, a first-hand conversation that while Foley will likely end up in TNA, the deal, according to him, has yet to be inked. At least not yet. Foley's WWE conract ends on Monday, and today's appearance at the Indians game was not even promoted on the WWE's list on their website.
Source: LetsTalkWrestling.com

So, the facts look like Foley hasn't signed yet but he most likely will, so maybe we'll see him at No Surrender but don't be too excited over it.

Counting All The Assholes In The Room
Well I'm Definatly Not Alone; Well I'm Not Alone
You're A Liar; You're A Cheater; You're A Fool
Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #21 on: 1 September 2008, 09:02:34 AM »
even if he did i don't think he could have publicly said he did yet beings he is still under contract with WWE. plus TNA would want it to be a aurprise even though it really wouldn't be now.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #22 on: 1 September 2008, 02:51:58 PM »
Yes I refer this case to the precedent when Chris Harris joined WWE. He "agreed" to join WWE verbally but denied everything till his contract with TNA was up and then came out and said it was true. I see the same thing with Foley here.

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk, Austin Aries, Dolph Ziggler, Motor City Machine Guns, Kings of Wrestling
« Reply #23 on: 2 September 2008, 06:39:10 AM »
Quote from:
"I just noticed that WWE.com has removed Mick Foley's bio from the Smackdown page, another indication that he might be gone from the company. His profile was still on the page as late as the end of last week."

As we reported before, Foley's WWE contract is scheduled to expire either today or tomorrow, and it is expected that he will be making an announcement concerning his future sometime this week through The Gillespie Agency.
Source: WrestleZone.com

Just checked it for myself, his link to the page is gone from the Superstars page. So I'm guessing he was released and we'll get the official WWE report soon. However there is still the chance that WWE and Mick are still negotiating a contract.

If he comes to TNA hopefully we can get a fued going with Abyss like I mentioned in an earlier post.

Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too

Offline Pala!

« Reply #24 on: 3 September 2008, 10:03:47 PM »
- Dave Meltzer is reporting that Mick Foley has signed a short term deal with TNA and will be starting with them ASAP. He should release a statement regarding the situation tomorrow

Looks like its pretty much official.

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
« Reply #25 on: 3 September 2008, 10:43:10 PM »
And now it is official.

Quote from:
The following was sent out by Mick Foley's agency:

September 3, 2008 - Statement from Mick Foley on leaving WWE, his future with TNA Wrestling and other opportunities.

"As of today, I am a free agent in the world of professional wrestling. I will always be grateful to WWE for affording me so many incredible opportunities over the past thirteen years, but feel the time is right to pursue other endeavors.

This move frees me up to participate in more film, television and voice roles, autograph sessions, speaking engagements, volunteer work, and will allow me the time to start work on a third novel, a fourth wrestling memoir and a new children’s story.

Over the next few weeks I will be working with my management team at Braverman/Bloom Co., Inc. in pursuing a couple of unique investment opportunities.

I can confirm I have had discussions with TNA Wrestling and have come to a short-term agreement. I am very excited about the specifics of this agreement and the potential it holds."

Mick Foley is available for booking through The Gillespie Agency. For
more information contact Elaine Gillespie (elaine@GillespieTalent.com) or Nola Armstrong (nola@GillespieTalent.com).
[/B]

Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #26 on: 3 September 2008, 10:48:44 PM »
Good news but this doesn't come close to the excitement level I had when Angle or Cage jumped. I guess it's because there was no surprise factor. Heck even Booker T's arrival in TNA was bigger than this.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: 3 September 2008, 10:58:35 PM »
its more of foley isn't really a wrestler and we don't know if he will get in the ring or not. other than the other guys when they came in you knew they would be wrestling and you could look forward to some future feuds and such. foley hasn't even been on WWE much before he got the job to replace coach.

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
« Reply #28 on: 3 September 2008, 11:02:43 PM »

This is on the official TNA website right now so, there REALLY trying to make it a surprise to the casual fans aren't they? Honestly, how could you kill a huge surprise like Foley signing by doing something like this, they could easily have just done a surprise appearance and actually surprise the fans that don't come on sites like these.

As for what Franchise said I completely agree, there is no surprise factor in it so it makes it a little less special but it is still a huge signing for the company, and he will most likely be wrestling considering it's a short term deal right now.

Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too