Author Topic: Mick Foley To TNA? Returning to the Ring.  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Pala!

Mick Foley To TNA? Returning to the Ring.
« on: 13 August 2008, 03:45:28 PM »
The Sun out of the United Kingdom is reporting that Mick Foley has informed one of his close friends that he will be heading to TNA. Apparently, Mick is so adamant about going, he is willing to return to the ring to work a limited schedule comparable to Sting. His friend told The Sun that Mick will do anything to further his legacy and help put TNA on the map.

As we previously reported, Mick has become increasingly frustrated with his position in WWE as a color-commentator. He missed last night's SmackDown taping for the second week straight, with Tazz filling in for him. This isn't the first time Mick has brought up TNA, as he almost signed with the company in 2005. His contract with WWE will expire on September 1st.

Richard Gray Note:This kinda catches me off guard. Mick always stood behind WWE, especially during the Monday Night Wars with WCW. I felt like him and Jim Ross were really getting their chemistry down and were going to back one heck of a team on SmackDown. Looks like he doesn't want to take orders from Vince anymore.

-----------------------------

Wow, that's all I can say.

Offline Barz

« Reply #1 on: 13 August 2008, 03:47:44 PM »
Foley to TNA would be surprising to say the least, as I like the author of the article thought he was just extremely loyal to the WWE. Though he won't bring much in terms of great matches to TNA if he wrestles, he's another very big name that will just give TNA more buzz. I just hope if he goes there, he does what he was doing in the end of his WWE in-ring run and that is putting over the young talent...thats what TNA needs right now, to build their own stars.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 13 August 2008, 03:58:00 PM »
He's using TNA as a bargaining chip, just like he did a couple years ago.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #3 on: 13 August 2008, 04:05:41 PM »
Foley versus Abyss, with Barbedwire.....and Thumbtacks......... MY GAWD! :drool:

*Doubt it tbh but never say never.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #4 on: 13 August 2008, 04:34:02 PM »
Yeah that's what i was thinking to prax and franchise. i don't see foley going to TNA im not buying this rumor until i hear more about this.

but if he did go to TNa im not sure if i would mind iof he got in the ring again or not. maybe a few times would be good but im not sure.

Offline WWEFANbOy

« Reply #5 on: 13 August 2008, 04:39:39 PM »
I guess that Foley, granted his position, would rather be in the ring than behind a table, being apart of the action instead of watching it.

Offline GioGoiBoi

« Reply #6 on: 13 August 2008, 04:59:07 PM »
i hope this is true, not for TNA,s sake but as the Franchise will probably agree with me since both gonna see TNA in jan in glasgow this would be a real treat:D

"Whether you like it or not, learn to love it, because its the
    best thing going.  Wooooo!"
    -- Ric Flair

Offline geek 3.14

• #1 Kane fan
« Reply #7 on: 13 August 2008, 06:08:33 PM »
I have mixed feelings about this. I can understand why he would want to leave WWE but I also know that his body can't take much more punishment. He has done so much already. Whatever he decides to do I will be right there watching. Well unless he wants to retire then I wont be watching cause thats just creepy.

Offline Pala!

« Reply #8 on: 25 August 2008, 02:44:26 PM »

The decision to pull Mick Foley from being involved in the Hell in a Cell match at SummerSlam between The Undertaker and Edge was a call by Vince McMahon. Foley was told he was no longer needed for the PPV because it would distract from new plans they had coming up for the match. During a creative meeting Vince told the team what was scripted for Foley was now off the show and said they were moving on without Mick. Nothing more was said and no one asked since they all knew what that meant.

As reported on for the last few weeks, Foley's deal with WWE expires on September 1st and he has stated that he doesn't believe he will re-sign after being unhappy with his new role as an announcer on Smackdown. Foley was again not used at the Smackdown tapings this past Tuesday in Moline and Tazz has pretty much become the permanent replacement along with Jim Ross. I don't expect to see Mick back at this point.

A report by The Sun in the UK citing a source close to Foley said he has plans to go to TNA. It should be noted that The Sun is not a big 'source' for news and is more of a gossip website. TNAWrestlingNews.com is reporting that TNA officials have stated there has been no talks of bringing him in, although Foley had agreed to join TNA back in 2005 before the company's debut on Spike TV until WWE signed him to a new deal. TNAWrestlingNews.com also believes that once he leaves WWE you'll more than likely see him in TNA at some point.

Here is the latest on the situation. Not sure what to think of this right now.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #9 on: 25 August 2008, 04:57:16 PM »
Yeah I heard about that right after SummerSlam. It sounds legit but also confusing.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #10 on: 26 August 2008, 09:00:28 PM »
If he goes I doubt he will get inducted into the Hall of Fame which would suck. Vince seems to be a proper A-hole at times yet he brings us an amazing show each week. I don't know if I love the guy or hate him.
Mick Foley would fit in at TNA, I could imagine him playing a less important Kevin Nash type role. The guy seems to have a bit left in the tank that would be best spent not behind an announcer's table (I'd love to see Tazz wrestle again as well.) I'm sure Mick could outwrestle JBL and he's back into the full time wrestling (then again it's no secret that Vince and JBL are good chums.)
Whatever happens happens and there will be a positive and a negative to come from both choices so I'm not too bothered.

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE, ROH
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk, Austin Aries, Dolph Ziggler, Motor City Machine Guns, Kings of Wrestling
« Reply #11 on: 26 August 2008, 09:54:54 PM »
Quote from:
ource:  PWInsider.com

The Gillespie Agency, who represents both Ric Flair and Mick Foley, is expected to release a statement regarding Mick Foley's departure from the WWE sometime after his deal expires on September 1st. There has been a ton of speculation as to whether or not he'll be heading to TNA, but if that is indeed the case, TNA has been keeping it very tight-lipped.

One source claims that TNA is already thinking of T-Shirt and merchandise ideas for Foley, so that seems to indicate that the two sides are definitely talking in a serious manner about him making the jump.

Not sure how legit it is but if it's true then it looks very likely that Mick could end up in TNA in the next couple of months. Now considering that the WWE has managed to fill his position well it wouldn't be a huge loss but it would take away some fans as there are people that love Foley.

Either way it's cool with me, hopefully we can get him in some sort of storyline with Abyss or Super Eric with him having the Mankind mask and telling them he knows how it feels to hide behind a mask. But we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Counting All The Assholes In The Room
Well I'm Definatly Not Alone; Well I'm Not Alone
You're A Liar; You're A Cheater; You're A Fool
Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #12 on: 26 August 2008, 09:57:04 PM »
Quote from: The Artist :: Tex;14789
Not sure how legit it is but if it's true then it looks very likely that Mick could end up in TNA in the next couple of months.

Foley could appear in days if it wasn't for TNA taping the shows. He might even pop up at No Surrender in Canada. :D

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE, ROH
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk, Austin Aries, Dolph Ziggler, Motor City Machine Guns, Kings of Wrestling
« Reply #13 on: 26 August 2008, 10:04:08 PM »
[quote=The Franchise

Counting All The Assholes In The Room
Well I'm Definatly Not Alone; Well I'm Not Alone
You're A Liar; You're A Cheater; You're A Fool
Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #14 on: 26 August 2008, 10:11:33 PM »
Actually if his contract expires he can show up in TNA whenever he wants. It's only if WWE releases him with more than 3 months on his contract to run that he has a 90 day no compete clause. Hence why Cage left WWE only to appear on TNA a mere 13 days later.