Author Topic: Official TNA No Surrender 2008 thread.  (Read 1266 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Official TNA No Surrender 2008 thread.
« Reply #15 on: 9 September 2008, 11:55:16 PM »
Well i would rather them sell out a smaller arena than sell the same amount in  bigger arena. its better to have people packed in IMO. its just funner that way.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #16 on: 9 September 2008, 11:58:03 PM »
I suppose yes but not the impact zone, that just looks amateurish. I dont like it one bit. If it hosted a few thousand of fans instead of 900 it would look much better but I do agree that it's better to have people packed in, you get a better atmosphere. :)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #17 on: 10 September 2008, 12:24:24 AM »
The Impact zone actually used to look better IMO. they had a better stage and better lighting. i was watching the best of the x division vol 2 the other night and noticed that.

but what gets me about the impact zone is the fans. all the fans seem stupid and will cheer and or boo for anyone and seem like they aren't even paying attention rather than blindly cheering or doing something wacky just so they can get into the back.

but anyways. im glad they will be in canida because canida usually has great crowds.

Offline Pala!

« Reply #18 on: 14 September 2008, 10:31:15 PM »
According to PWInsider, Booker T wont be at No Surrender tonight. This is because of Hurricane Ike. The bout will now be Samoa Joe Vs. Kurt Angle Vs. Christian Cage.

Hope Booker is OK through the hurricane. But honestly I think the match may be better without him. There is also word going out that Nash won't be there.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #19 on: 14 September 2008, 10:37:09 PM »
Yup i heard that, Sheik Abdul Bashir might also not be there because of this too.

Also, I've heard from a source that a former TNA "star" might make "their" return tonight during one of the matches, not going to say who because it will spoil it but I'm sure "their" home country fans will mark out. :P

Offline firewall316

« Reply #20 on: 15 September 2008, 04:00:56 AM »
Boring.... not worth the 5 dollars I paid for it.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 15 September 2008, 05:43:11 PM »
Sting Promo.*

This was just mehhhh. i could have sooo gone without this though. something was off too. its like sting forgot what he was supposed to say because he stood out there silent for a while which really got on my nerves because we already have 9 matches on the card so we didn't need more time taken up. but yeah sting just looked like he was trying to take as much time as he could. but i mean it was okay i guess.but he did a cheap thing by name dropping Bret Hart to get the fans on his side.....yeah TNA way to get your younger stars over....SMH. should have been on impact or shouldn't have been at all.

-Rock N Rave Infection vs The Prince Justice Brotherhood. ***

This was actually a lot better than i thought it would be. it was a very fun opener.Curry man mostly stole the show for me with him putting the moves on Christy and also pulling out that new back drop/back breaker type move. anyways this was actually a Good match.

-ODB vs Awesome Kong. ***1/4

This was a pretty awesome match IMO. i mean how often do you see 2 women wrestlers take it out in the crowed? these 2 matches up well as expected. the only minor problem i could pick out is i wish it was actually longer. but given there is 9 matche plus the sting angle its understandable. but anyways this match was really good. and i loved the ending with that awesome spine buster on ODB through the table.

-Team 3D vs Abyss & Matt Morgan. **3/4

This was pretty good i guess. just in some parts it seemed slow. and i actually think they didn't have to slow it down that much even if its just a bunch of big guys in there.but for what it was it was good. a lot of near falls after big moves which is what i like.then after the match we had maybe a tease of Abyss and Morgan feuding which should be good.but this match wasn't expected to be great and it wasn't but it wasn't bad.

-Creed vs Bashir vs Williams. ***3/4

First off i gotta say Petey Williams has been preforming better than any wrestler in the world as of late. but on to the match it was a very very good match. i wouldn't say as good as Petey vs Crred last month but still very good. i really loved what they were doing with the sharpshooter angle. and they did some good innovative triple threat stuff.Bashir got a cheap win though which brought it down a bit but at the same time was very smart and clever because Petey hit the destroyer on creed then Bashir pulls Petey out throws him into the rails and slides in a gets the pin on creed. all and all very good match.

-Angelena Love vs Taylor Wilde. **

this was a lot like the divas match at unforgiven. but just a little better. i mean parts of me enjoyed it but mostly i was ready for it to be over.but i was glad that it didn't last long...then again Talia Madison was looking better than ever so i didn't mindit lasting as long as it did.lol. but yeah this was just a avrege match as expected...but hey look taylor has a finsher....a northern lights suplex....wow... ok lets just move on please.

-Sonjay Dutt vs Jay Lethal.****1/4

Finally Finally FINALLY! we have a great match out of this feud. i loved this match.the best Ladder match TNA has put on since Kaz vs Cage from last year. a lot of inovative stuff here. that neckbreaker by Dutt on lethal was pretty sick. and then the camel clutch on the ladder was a total mark out moment. in the end val ended up screwing lethal and going with Sonjay but they did it in a way where i actually didn't see it coming and it actually worked really well IMO and Val and Sonjay surely did sell it great with the most heaviest making out i think i have ever seen in a wrestling ring.lol. but anyways i just personally loved this match. there was a spot that didn't work out but im not gonna really take away from the match beings they were trying to do something that i have never seen done.anyways to sum it up great match and i actually think the screw job ending helped it a little bit.

-LAX vs Beer Money **1/2

This was Pretty good. i thought it would be better though to be honest.it seemed like homicide was rusty or something because when he got in there it just seemed sloppy. but beer money were the actually ones that made this match as good as it was. like i said the problem was the sloppiness in here also i am wishing the ending wouldn't have gone like it did beings we just had a screwjob ending in teh lats match.

-AJ Styles vs Frank Trig. DUD

I'm glad it ended early.i think AJ heard the fans and didn't want to make them suffer anymore so the match just ended early. after the match you could hear AJ say the he is a WRESTLER and he doesn't do that kind of stuff and you could see he was pissed just because of the shit TNA had him doing instead of showcasing his talents. this kind of stuff is the stuff i hate and love. i hate it because its just boring to watch and its not enjoyable. i love it because of the crowed showing how much that they hate it too and maybe just maybe TNA will start listening to there crowed and fans and stop with the stupid gimmicks and most importantly let the in ring WRESTLING shine.

Just a little side not here. in the video packages they still had booker in them even though they announced that he wouldn't be there.which is kind of stupid. i guess they couldn't cut a new video package or cut out bookers part in time.

-Samoa Joe vs Kurt Angle vs Christian Cage. ****

Great match here. just as you would expect from these 3. i think it was actually better without booker to be honest.the crowed was very into this match. more for Christian than anything being he wasthe hometown guy.a lot of good stuff in this match.i loved the double ankle lock by angle. but just a all around great match.the ending saw angle do whatever he could to stop Joe or cage from winning and even knocked Earl Hebner into the guard rails which made the crowed very happy since they were anti Hebner.haha. then Jeff Jarrett came down and nailed angle with the guitar and at first it looked like they might have been teasing a who is he gonna hit angle but he hit angle with it and joe gets the win.

Overall i wouldn't say a great PPV from TNA. but i would say a good show.i would recommend it but i would say go out of your way to see it because there was some hit or miss stuff here and some may not like some of the stuff as much as i did..then again some may like it more than i did.
8/10

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #22 on: 15 September 2008, 06:35:05 PM »
Lmao, I loved it firewall. Apart from the main event, I don't think I've heard DW being so freaking awesome for one whole night on the commentary. His performance tonight was gold! I also see Adam noticed how hot Velvet was last night too lol. :drool

Sting Promo - **

I give it an extra star for not the way he does it because he did stutter a bit in time but just for the booking point, we needed to know something like this and it was good to find out ASAP because it sells the BFG ppv even if it does mean Joe will win.

Rock N Rave Infection vs The Prince Justice Brotherhood - *** 1/2

The Curry Man and Christy Hemme stuff was just golden, a good all round technical match and a lot better than i previously expected. I hope to see this thing between Daniels/Hemme continue. :P

ODB vs Awesome Kong - *** 1/2

Brutal match and not what youd expect from the knockouts even if it is the two baddest ones lol. Poor ODB took a bad shot to the gut when the table didnt break properly (i mean FFS it was Awesome Kong going through it!) so i wont take away any stars for anything after that as you could see she was really hurting but went through with it.

Team 3D vs Abyss & Matt Morgan - **

Disapointed in how this turned out. Morgan was made to look a monster kicking out of the 3D but at least we might get an Abyss/Morgan match at BFG. Heck why not make it a Monsters Ball.

Creed vs Bashir vs Williams - *** 1/2

Again im dissapointed in the whole product but there were some really good moments in the match and although I wanted Petey to win I am happy Sheik won because nobody saw it coming, cept the one person who bet on him lol.

Angelena Love vs Taylor Wilde - * 1/2

Probably one of the worst knockout matches i've seen in a long time.

Sonjay Dutt vs Jay Lethal - **** 1/2

This.... was.... awesome. Like Adam said the best ladder match since Kaz/Cage from last year. Loved the DW commentary especially for this match, loved the heel turn too from Val although I wanted it to come and expected it.

LAX vs Beer Money - ** 1/2

Another disapointment although I mark the **** out for the Beer Money team now.

AJ Styles vs Frank Trigg - **

Kinda what I expected nothing great but worthwhile contest while it lasted nevertheless.

Samoa Joe vs Kurt Angle vs Christian Cage - *** 1/2

Disapointed in the commentary for this match although DW might have wore his voice out before hand lol. Didnt make anything like Angle Slam, Angle Lock, Frog Splash etc. seem a BIG MOVE as usual and needed. I expected more from this match and the PPV in general but I have to say I almost orgasmed when Jarrett drilled Angle with the guitar... IT..... IS.... ON!!!!!!!!! :drool

OVERALL

Worthwhile watch but it was pretty dead event from some parts of the mid-card slot upto the Ladder match which was awesome and also upto the main event which was well built up I must say. Probably the worst PPV since Sacrifice but still gets a 7/10 from me.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 15 September 2008, 06:39:24 PM »
I'm glad im not the only one who thought that DW actually did his best job at commentary last night. this is the first night i actually really enjoyed him. he seemed like he was carrying the team.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #24 on: 15 September 2008, 06:46:03 PM »
Yeah I have no idea what happened to Tenay but DW was the shit. Like you also said, perhaps DW's best night at the booth ever.

Offline firewall316

« Reply #25 on: 15 September 2008, 11:31:56 PM »
Yea, I will agree about DonWest being at least better than normal. Sting promo would have bored me if he didn't **** up what he was saying. Only matches I didn't get too bored with was the first match and Sonjay Vs. Lethal. The main event was ok, could have been a lot better. AJ Styles Vs. Frank Trigg was stupid.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #26 on: 16 September 2008, 03:04:56 PM »
Okay this is what I thought of it.

Rock N Rave Infection vs The Prince Justice brotherhood
- Decent match, Curry Man pulled out some exciting moves and the joke moves with Christy Hemme added some comedy to the match. This was a brilliant match to get the ppv started.

ODB vs Awesome Kong
- This was a very good match, ODB was amazing and Awesome Kong was good so it made for a great match with some hardcore moments too.

Team 3D vs Abyss and Matt Morgan
- Some brilliant wrestling from Matt Morgan but this match was nothing special. A good addition to the ppv though.

Creed vs Bashir vs Williams
- Consequences was amazing as always, William was absolutely brilliant. Shame Bashir won, still a good match.

Angelina Love vs Taylor Wilde
- This was better than most wwe Diva matches but was the worst match of the night. Fortunately as it has been said Velvet Sky was looking amazing. I mean I honestly think Velvet Sky is the hottest woman in wrestling, I am always more attracted to the heel wrestlers though. But yeah Velvet is a joy to look at and I actually like the slutty stuff she wears, she really brought my enjoyment of this match up to the point where I just sat there perving rather than paying attention.

Sonjay Dutt vs Jay Lethal
- One of the best matches of the night, if not the best. Even better than the X Division match. great wrestling from both sides. When Dutt fell on the ladder the crowd chanted TNA and kept this up every time another awesome thing happened. The crowd loved it and so did I and the surprise ending was good for a storyline that is so weak. The actual match was amazing though.

LAX vs Beer Money
- I actually thought Homicide was looking good in this match. LAX were looking better than Beer Money I thought. This was just like your average TNA tag match, a good match but nothing special.

AJ Styles vs Frank Trigg
- Some good judo and martial arts moves from Trigg and AJ was pretty impressive, still I agree with the majority, I would rather have seen a normal TNA match.

Samoa Joe vs Christian Cage vs Kurt Angle
- This match was a worthy main event. Some entertaining things happened e.g. Samoa Joe powerbombing Kurt Angle while Kurt is slamming Cage off the turnbuckle. Another good moment was after Angle kept quickly jumping onto the turnbuckle to throw Cage off it looked like a repeat would happen but Cage leapfrogged over him and hit the crossbody on Joe. The ending was alrite.

Overall a good PPV, Sting's promo wasn't great but that was a minor thing. I agree with Adam though, I think he may have forgotten his lines too because he did drag the speech on and had that long pause.
Anyway Velvet Sky is a goddess and I loved Dutt vs Lethal. Not too bothered that Booker T couldn't make it.
7/10.