Author Topic: Batista Disappointed in the Creative Build to SS Match  (Read 393 times)

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
Batista Disappointed in the Creative Build to SS Match
« on: 11 August 2008, 09:01:39 PM »
Slam! Sports conducted an interview with Batista where he claimed he's less than thrilled with the creative buildup for his match against John Cena. "It's one of those things where, personally I like the long, drawn-out storylines," Batista told Slam Wrestling. "The buildups to big matches where Triple H and I are the perfect example. We had such a buildup for our match. Cena and I being in such a marquee match, I really wish the buildup had been allowed.

"I think a match like that deserves the fan's emotional investment. It's way too soon. It's just an attraction match and I think it's more valuable than that, I think it's been wasted a little bit. It will still be a hell of a match, I just wish some more emotional investment put into the match. Right now, I feel it's more of an attraction, something that's new and fresh."

Credit: Wrestlezone.

I completely understand where Batista is coming from with this. This is the type of match that should happen at WM. These two have had history going all the way back  to the 2005 royal rumble. Hell they both even Main Evented WM 21. While the match at WM between these two can still happen, I think it would of been better if there first encounter happened there instead of SS. If they somehow do face each other again at WM, I think the way their SS match has been built  will defuse the hype it would had if they didn't face each other at SS.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE, ROH
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk, Austin Aries, Dolph Ziggler, Motor City Machine Guns, Kings of Wrestling
« Reply #1 on: 11 August 2008, 09:20:11 PM »
Wow, Batista making a good call, What are the chances of that!? Seriously I don't think there is anyone that isn't disappointed with the way their match is being lead up to, there was barely any hype to it when it was announced and the way they've built it up since is pathetic. Two rivals winning the tag titles never gets as good of a reaction as people want it too, face it.

This is the kind of match where even if you don't like either one of them that the build up can at least get you behind one of them for the match but they failed to do that and the match is going to be another big draw gone wrong

Counting All The Assholes In The Room
Well I'm Definatly Not Alone; Well I'm Not Alone
You're A Liar; You're A Cheater; You're A Fool
Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #2 on: 11 August 2008, 09:35:30 PM »
I've long felt this needed some sort of build, or a gimmick added, more than Edge-Taker by a long shot.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #3 on: 11 August 2008, 09:35:54 PM »
Quote from: EclipseXcel;12452
Wow, Batista making a good call, What are the chances of that!? Seriously I don't think there is anyone that isn't disappointed with the way their match is being lead up to, there was barely any hype to it when it was announced and the way they've built it up since is pathetic. Two rivals winning the tag titles never gets as good of a reaction as people want it too, face it.

This is the kind of match where even if you don't like either one of them that the build up can at least get you behind one of them for the match but they failed to do that and the match is going to be another big draw gone wrong

Well I don't understand the first sentence there, Batista spent years around Triple H and Ric Flair, the two guys who understand wrestling from a storytelling perspective the most. Two guys that know you don't need the most athletic and acrobatic and technical moves in order to get over, and Batista himself understands that, and that's why he's one of the better big men in the business. Batista gets a bad rep because he's that big guy and he took a different path than a lot of other big guys, but he's actually really good at storytelling in the ring, it's just that he gets the short end of the booking stick a lot of the time.

And he's certainly on the money with this one, and I blame Triple H for them hot-shotting his match, because triple H wanted the easy opponent for SS so they needed something that could draw.

It's a shame really.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline bele_nine

« Reply #4 on: 11 August 2008, 09:39:11 PM »
he is completely right. WWE needs to put more time into building up feuds and making there storylines better then just putting matches together between big stars and hoping it sells PPV's.

more people would tune in and buy PPV's if they thought they would be seeing the end of a big feud or they would tune in to raw every week to see the next twist and turn and to find out whats going to happen to there favorite guy.

but Cena and batista trying to get a bigger pop then one another just isnt what u want to see.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 11 August 2008, 10:44:18 PM »
Quote from: CLMark;12447
Credit: Wrestlezone.

I completely understand where Batista is coming from with this. This is the type of match that should happen at WM. These two have had history going all the way back  to the 2005 royal rumble. Hell they both even Main Evented WM 21. While the match at WM between these two can still happen, I think it would of been better if there first encounter happened there instead of SS. If they somehow do face each other again at WM, I think the way their SS match has been built  will defuse the hype it would had if they didn't face each other at SS.

Totally agree here.also i think there will be a run in. maybe kane come down and cause a double DQ so no one really gets the full match from these 2 and no one really has to put the other guy over on them and then maybe we will actually get to see a match with no outside guys later down the road.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #6 on: 12 August 2008, 12:07:02 PM »
Batista still sucks on the mic and Triple H is the one getting all the ideas like Batista himself mentioned. Replace Cena who can really go on the mic with someone with a same presence but no mic skills and this would be really worse. Batista should be thankful he's in there with Cena.