- WWE RAW drew a 3.1 rating on Monday, which is down from the 3.4 rating the show drew last week for USA Network. The first hour of the show drew a 2.98 rating with 4,533,000 viewers. The second hour drew a 3.18 rating with 4,812,000 viewers.
WWE can point the blame to NBC's Olympic coverage and the preseason game between the Bengals and Packers that aired on ESPN last night.
Just thought i'd throw that in before I start. Ratings honestly mean nothing to me, nor do I care for them.My Raw opinions
Beth vs Kelly
- No surprise here and no complaints here. This is all Kelly should be used for, to job. Continued to make Beth look strong heading into the SummerSlam match. Also, I was like :huh when Kelly looked to botch what could only be described as a back body drop, but instead looked to land head and shoulder first instead.Mickie vs Santino
- I was partially surprised by this. Being it was Mickie's hometown, I was actually expecting her to get the victory, although much like above, I have no problems with why she didn't as it helped to progress the story again. One problem I do have now though is that because Beth and Santino seemed to be gaining momentum the last few weeks and the two victories they had tonight, surely this is just setting them up for a loss at SummerSlam? Wouldn't it have been better for Mickie to win say with Kofi tripping Santino, then the playing field looked level heading into SummerSlam and the result a little less obvious?Regal vs Noble
- Im actually pretty intrigued as to what could amount with this Jamie/Layla storyline. Regal, truthfully I haven't bought into him since he came back and probably won't do either. Coming from a fellow a Englishman it dissapoints me to say that i'm actually bored to death of Regal.Cryme Tyme vs Highlanders
- No problems here in the slightest. Highlanders are nothing so might aswell just use them to put CT over further ready to feud with Priceless. Good decision.Jericho vs Kane
- Meh, can't remember anything from this apart from the incredibly weak looking Codebreaker and Adamle coming to the ring.Kane / Bag Segment
- Didn't really care for this segment, but the swerve was done well as even though I would never have guessed it to be Mysterio, once it was revealed it was like, How did I not think of that, because of Mysterio only appearing once since the draft so he could fully recover from the injury.Batista / Cena vs Priceless
- The match wasn't the greatest but I was pleased with the result but surely there could have been a way for them to retain the first time round instead of dropping them for a week?
Overall, the show was pretty average but that's what I was expecting, as should of you. It was the last Raw before the PPV so it was all about getting the storylines in place and such so I have no problems with that.