Author Topic: Raw Discussion 11/08/08 - Bagging The Gold  (Read 493 times)

Offline Dale

Raw Discussion 11/08/08 - Bagging The Gold
« on: 11 August 2008, 12:33:57 AM »

At SummerSlam, John Cena and Batista face off one-on-one for the first time ever. On Monday night though, the two Superstars had to join forces as they faced World Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase. In spite of some infighting, and neither of these dominant competitors wanting to give an inch, Cena & Batista defeated Rhodes & DiBiase to become the new World Tag Team Champions.

While preparing to face each other at the Biggest Blockbuster of the Summer, will Cena & Batista be able to retain their gold? Can these rivals possibly coexist? We'll find out this Monday, as the former champions exercise their rematch clause to face Cena & Batista once again, attempting to regain the World Tag Team Championship.

Since coming to Raw in the 2008 WWE Draft, Kane has been on a mission of devastation, affecting those in and outside the ring all while making cryptic references to

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #1 on: 11 August 2008, 12:37:27 AM »
I hate to say it, but I don't think I'm going to be tuning into RAW this week. :closedeyes. The WWE really hasn't been interesting to me lately (other than naming  Adamle GM and maybe punk winning the title). I think it's best for me to skip RAW before Summerslam and see what I'm going to miss.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 11 August 2008, 01:09:53 AM »
I'm not really looking forward to anything besides the regal/noble feud developing more and maybe seeing cena and batista dropping the tag straps.

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE, ROH
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk, Austin Aries, Dolph Ziggler, Motor City Machine Guns, Kings of Wrestling
« Reply #3 on: 11 August 2008, 10:05:49 AM »
I have to agree with Shanti on this one, not quite to the same extent because I will be tuning in to see the Jericho/Michaels fued develop a little farther but that's the only thing on RAW interesting me lately, especially since they made Cody & Ted drop the belts last week because the team was really started to get on my good side with there promos as champs.

As for the JBL/Punk saga it very well could be a beer drinking contest but I hope to God not. After the Khali/HHH bullshit it's the last thing I want to see on T.V. Hell for all we know it could be a donut eating contest, and looking at JBL, Punk would have no chance in hell. Expect JBL to go over.

The Kane angle died to me last week.

Counting All The Assholes In The Room
Well I'm Definatly Not Alone; Well I'm Not Alone
You're A Liar; You're A Cheater; You're A Fool
Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #4 on: 11 August 2008, 01:23:31 PM »
Quote from: EclipseXcel;12382
I have to agree with Shanti on this one, not quite to the same extent because I will be tuning in to see the Jericho/Michaels fued develop a little farther but that's the only thing on RAW interesting me lately, especially since they made Cody & Ted drop the belts last week because the team was really started to get on my good side with there promos as champs.

As for the JBL/Punk saga it very well could be a beer drinking contest but I hope to God not. After the Khali/HHH bullshit it's the last thing I want to see on T.V. Hell for all we know it could be a donut eating contest, and looking at JBL, Punk would have no chance in hell. Expect JBL to go over.

The Kane angle died to me last week.

Let me just tell you how the jericho/HBK feud will go. Jericho will say HBK has no chance of returning because he ended HBK for good.then probably bring up how jericho is the mature and blame stuff on the fans again.....yeah it seems the same thing has been happening with these guys every week.and i really enjoyed this feud at first but now it has to much talking and not enough wrestling and has still yet to produce a great match IMO.which is very disappointing for those 2.

Offline Barz

« Reply #5 on: 11 August 2008, 03:25:40 PM »
Raw could be aight but I'm not too excited about it right now. I just think the way they are using Punk as champion has been less than flattering so far and the othe stories don't interest me. And the 3 World Title matches at Summerslam will all be boring.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 12 August 2008, 02:45:11 AM »
Why are they calling kane vs jericho a summerslam match that will happen tonight when that match wasn't even announced for summer slam and those guys haven't even been in the same segment at all since jericho even returned....makes no sense.

Offline Dale

« Reply #7 on: 12 August 2008, 02:50:34 AM »
Well from what I understood, Adamle said there was only 1 spot available for the SummerSlam card and neither of these guys have matches on there. He also mentioned that Kane and Jericho were 2 of the biggest stars Raw has ever had or something similar, so putting them in a match tonight is like a ppv match we get to so free.

I predict that the winner of the match (Jericho) will be the one who wins the last spot on the SummerSlam card.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 12 August 2008, 02:53:53 AM »
So if that is the case im guessing that the winner of this match will face either rey mysterio or smackdown or ecw will have a match to see who gets to face the winner.

Offline Dale

« Reply #9 on: 12 August 2008, 02:58:50 AM »
Well no, the last spot is bound to be Y2J vs HBK..

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 12 August 2008, 03:10:43 AM »
Well you never know HBK might not be medically cleared to wrestle. but i hope that would happen beings there feud should end at a big PPV like summerslam and finally end with a pinfall or submission cleanly.

Offline Dale

« Reply #11 on: 12 August 2008, 03:17:15 AM »
Well it's all to coincidental for it not to happen. Meeting with the doctor Friday and then showing at SummerSlam to announce his future? The card really needs that match as it is severely lacking somewhat.

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #12 on: 12 August 2008, 05:05:06 AM »
He's going to give the news at the PPV, & maybe even attack someone, but not a booked match.

I'm hoping he doesn't even take long off; With Orton & KK really injured, Raw will kill time if HBK's gone. (Literally kill it, with craop fillers we don't need.)

Offline 2Slick

« Reply #13 on: 12 August 2008, 06:52:26 AM »
Ended early but new champions ftW.

Offline Dale

« Reply #14 on: 13 August 2008, 01:19:28 AM »
- WWE RAW drew a 3.1 rating on Monday, which is down from the 3.4 rating the show drew last week for USA Network. The first hour of the show drew a 2.98 rating with 4,533,000 viewers. The second hour drew a 3.18 rating with 4,812,000 viewers.

WWE can point the blame to NBC's Olympic coverage and the preseason game between the Bengals and Packers that aired on ESPN last night.

Just thought i'd throw that in before I start. Ratings honestly mean nothing to me, nor do I care for them.

My Raw opinions

Beth vs Kelly
- No surprise here and no complaints here. This is all Kelly should be used for, to job. Continued to make Beth look strong heading into the SummerSlam match. Also, I was like :huh when Kelly looked to botch what could only be described as a back body drop, but instead looked to land head and shoulder first instead.

Mickie vs Santino - I was partially surprised by this. Being it was Mickie's hometown, I was actually expecting her to get the victory, although much like above, I have no problems with why she didn't as it helped to progress the story again. One problem I do have now though is that because Beth and Santino seemed to be gaining momentum the last few weeks and the two victories they had tonight, surely this is just setting them up for a loss at SummerSlam? Wouldn't it have been better for Mickie to win say with Kofi tripping Santino, then the playing field looked level heading into SummerSlam and the result a little less obvious?

Regal vs Noble - Im actually pretty intrigued as to what could amount with this Jamie/Layla storyline. Regal, truthfully I haven't bought into him since he came back and probably won't do either. Coming from a fellow a Englishman it dissapoints me to say that i'm actually bored to death of Regal.

Cryme Tyme vs Highlanders - No problems here in the slightest. Highlanders are nothing so might aswell just use them to put CT over further ready to feud with Priceless. Good decision.

Jericho vs Kane - Meh, can't remember anything from this apart from the incredibly weak looking Codebreaker and Adamle coming to the ring.

Kane / Bag Segment - Didn't really care for this segment, but the swerve was done well as even though I would never have guessed it to be Mysterio, once it was revealed it was like, How did I not think of that, because of Mysterio only appearing once since the draft so he could fully recover from the injury.

Batista / Cena vs Priceless - The match wasn't the greatest but I was pleased with the result but surely there could have been a way for them to retain the first time round instead of dropping them for a week?

Overall, the show was pretty average but that's what I was expecting, as should of you. It was the last Raw before the PPV so it was all about getting the storylines in place and such so I have no problems with that.