Author Topic: Kurt Angle Newest interview.  (Read 479 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Kurt Angle Newest interview.
« on: 10 August 2008, 08:55:23 AM »
 Interview: Kurt Angle
Show: The Pain Clinic
Date: August 9, 2008 (10 a.m.)
Hosts: Rich "Cashman" Jones, The Artiste, Murph and Dangerboy

Kurt Angle joins the Pain Clinic and we talk about the Olympics to start. Kurt tells us how the athlete's mind works when they get to the Olympics.

Kurt mentions the Hard Justice PPV and puts over his opponent A.J. Styles. He explains why A.J. is the total package when it comes to wrestles. Kurt is asked about who he would like to get in the ring with in TNA. He starts off by explaining why he went to TNA and points out that he would like to have a run in the X Division.

Kurt talks about his recent injuries and how the internet exaggerates some of his problems. He talks about landing on his head in a match in Korea in May and how serious it was. He talks about his knee getting stuck in the mat and spraining it.

Kurt's relaxed schedule is addressed and Kurt thinks this is well worth his current 12 day run to get 8 days off.

Kurt talks about the internet video called "The Real Angle" and how it was not supposed to be released whatsoever. He was not happy with it's "leaking." He said that he was sorry that he got a bit graphic in calling out WWE people and he called someone in WWE to relay an apology to Vince McMahon.

Kurt talks about his Spike TV "reality show" called "Caught in the Action" and where it stands right now.

Kurt talks a little MMA and what happened with his deal with IFL and UFC. Kurt talks about all the problems with his time negotiating with UFC. UFC wanted exclusivity with Kurt which meant "No Wrestling" and he had just signed with TNA so that was out. He wanted to work for IFL but they paid in stock options. He talks about planning to be a coach with them for a year but they changed the deal.

He would like to fight still and that is to be seen. Brock Lesnar is fighting tonight and we ask Kurt his thoughts about the fight. He gives him props on his last fight and said he looked great. He thinks the more he works MMA the better he will get. He puts him over for not only physicality but also his brains.

Kurt talks about his time as a sportscaster in Pittsburgh before joining the WWE. He thinks it was tough since they hired him for his accomplishments and he had to learn the job.

Kurt talks about doing the funny promos in TNA and WWE. He explains the process and how he and Steve Austn didn't use scripts just adlibs and improvised and that's how the magic began. Kurt puts over Brian Gewirtz as a writer in WWE and Vince Russo in TNA.

Kurt wants TNA to get back to wrestling 101. Not too many gimmick matches and more pure wrestling. The art of wrestling and more traditional style is where he thinks they should go. He does put over then Hard Justice PPV as a "hardcore" style PPV with "hardcore" matches but he wants to see a more one-on-one with no stipulations in matches.

We let Kurt go soon afterwards.

Check it out at http://www.feelthepain.net .

Kurt seems to be making some sense here. i like angle would like to see less stipulation matches and more wrestling 101.

angle in the x division would be something to see. and im sure he would have some great matches in there and im sure he would put some younger guys over.i would love to see him in the ring with lethal again and Angle vs Petey would be a match i would love to see and have him facing either of the guns would be great.

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE, ROH
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk, Austin Aries, Dolph Ziggler, Motor City Machine Guns, Kings of Wrestling
« Reply #1 on: 10 August 2008, 09:26:38 AM »
Quote from: ''
Kurt wants TNA to get back to wrestling 101. Not too many gimmick matches and more pure wrestling. The art of wrestling and more traditional style is where he thinks they should go. He does put over then Hard Justice PPV as a "hardcore" style PPV with "hardcore" matches but he wants to see a more one-on-one with no stipulations in matches.

I never thought I'd be saying it but THANK YOU Mister Angle. TNA has become so watered down with gimmick matches every chance they get that it's not funny anymore. It's become the new ECW, and face it was much as people complain about the WWE's ECW nobody really watched the old ECW, if they had it wouldn't had fallen so quickly to the WWE.

Kurt knows what he's talking about in this situation, he's been with the top company and knows what the fans react the most too which is a good story rather than just the regular TNA spot fests. Take the NWA Title match from ROH's Death Before Dishonor, the match was wrestled old school and the people loved it, I loved it and I've only been watching for about 8 years. Hopefully TNA will listen to Kurt on this one.

Counting All The Assholes In The Room
Well I'm Definatly Not Alone; Well I'm Not Alone
You're A Liar; You're A Cheater; You're A Fool
Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #2 on: 10 August 2008, 12:23:40 PM »
Kurt Angle appologizing to Vince McMahon, what a senile asshole! :lol2:

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #3 on: 12 August 2008, 10:12:21 PM »
Good to see him off the crack for once. Semi-sane interview.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.