Author Topic: Update on TNA's retirement storyline for Sting  (Read 849 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Update on TNA's retirement storyline for Sting
« on: 17 June 2008, 01:01:05 AM »
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

TNA is planning for the possibility of Sting retiring when his current contract expires at the end of the year. Company officials want to give him a proper sendoff after watching what WWE did for Ric Flair. Although, Sting has not indicated whether he plans to retire from professional wrestling at the end of the year. At Slammiversary, the plan for Sting is to give an interview pondering his future in wrestling.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #1 on: 17 June 2008, 10:50:50 AM »
I think he WILL retire at the end of the year and I think his last match in TNA will either be against Joe for the title or a one-off return match against Jeff Jarrett.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 17 June 2008, 12:16:41 PM »
The best thing to do would be bring in the great muta from TNA japans deal they have for stings last match beings they have had such great rivalries. and if you wanted to put his last match with a guy in TNA i think AJ or kaz should be the pick not JJ who not many people like at all and is already a main talent and more towards the end of hos career.

Offline kertonl

« Reply #3 on: 17 June 2008, 04:08:21 PM »
for him to have a run with the word championship before he hangs his boots up would be good to see.

Xbox Live GT: kertonl

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 18 June 2008, 07:04:34 AM »
Hmm i dunno about that idea. this is joes time he has worked for it long enough. and sting has already held the TNA title twice since coming back. maybe have him in aa world title match in his last match but i would have him lose.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #5 on: 19 June 2008, 06:17:31 PM »
Quote from: kertonl;562
for him to have a run with the word championship before he hangs his boots up would be good to see.

Even WWE knew better than to give Flair a courtesy title run. That would be a BAD idea. When you push people to the world championship, you're supposed to be looking forward, not behind.

There are lots of things they can do with sting in tribute without giving him a courtesy run with the title.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #6 on: 20 June 2008, 10:58:22 AM »
Sting already had his title run and when TNA found out he was thinking of retiring they took it from him ASAP, which was the right thing to do. Giving Sting the belt would hurt the title more than help it, even if he is an icon.

Offline squeaksjr

« Reply #7 on: 20 June 2008, 03:15:42 PM »
damn good bye to the legend of sting thats gonna suck ( but i dont see him on tna that much anyway)
Frreebirds runnin wild and free, you never gonna put a set of chains on me
freebirds gonna take you all down, but you\'ll never find your way out of freebird town

Offline GioGoiBoi

« Reply #8 on: 23 June 2008, 03:54:47 AM »
i really dont know the possible best way of retiring sting to be honest. maybe a programme with him and abyss since HE was the 1 that forced the change in him, dnt know how ud put it across tho. the problem is this could look to much like Michaels/Flair

"Whether you like it or not, learn to love it, because its the
    best thing going.  Wooooo!"
    -- Ric Flair

Offline Barz

« Reply #9 on: 24 June 2008, 06:42:50 PM »
I think Sting definitely deserves a proper sendoff. Maybe have him go out by putting over a top talent on the rise, but do it respectfully as to where Sting looks good even going out.

Offline Ms H.B.K.

« Reply #10 on: 24 June 2008, 09:48:30 PM »
Wow, is he still around???
I might need to keep an eye on this then, cos I quite enjoyed watching sting years ago. I hope they do go ahead and give him a good storyline to go out on.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #11 on: 27 June 2008, 01:32:00 AM »
Perhaps Sting could sign off with a match against The Ultimate Warrior? They came into the business together, they might leave together. :s

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #12 on: 27 June 2008, 01:33:49 AM »
I hope the give Sting a proper send-off. Everyone loves Sting and the fact he never went to WWE is huge. It is huge for the fact because he is so over and he never had to use WWE to get over. I mean imagine if he went to WWE and how over he would have gotten there? It would be amazing but he made a name for himself without Vinnie Mac and that is something that is hard to do today.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!