Author Topic: Notes: Impact rating, Creed, and Video Game  (Read 352 times)

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
Notes: Impact rating, Creed, and Video Game
« on: 5 August 2008, 07:33:14 PM »
source: pwinsider.com

TNA drew a solid 1.1 cable rating for last week's edition of Impact. An average of 1.6 million viewers tuned in during the show. The rating is up from the 1.05 and 1.02 of the previous two weeks. The Knockouts were given the main event slot, a match pitting Velvet Sky & Angelina Love against Taylor Wilde & Gail Kim, and they delivered with a show-high 1.18 quarter hour rating. The match did one of the best numbers for an Impact main event, perhaps even ever. And unlike most Impact main events, they didn't lose viewers for a change. The only quarter hour that came close to the Knockouts main event was Q4, which drew a 1.16 rating a Booker T-Samoa Joe in-ring segment, as well as the A.J. Styles promo that followed it and a backstage segment featuring "The Beautiful People" with Shark Boy and Curry Man.

Consequences Creed is said to be in line for a big push in the coming months.

Midway Games has plans to do a big media event this weekend promoting the upcoming TNA "iMPACT!" video game

I supposed that Apollo...I mean Consequences Creed is going to be taking the belt from Petey at Hard Justice.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #1 on: 5 August 2008, 07:37:14 PM »
I like how Creed wrestles.... But I hate the gimmick. Let's see what else TNA can rip off gimmick wise.... I got my money on a guy named John Zambo... He will be kinda like John Rambo...

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 5 August 2008, 09:42:26 PM »
I don't really mind creed. he isn't nowhere near any of my favorites though. i wouldn't really say he has a gimmick. but then again i haven't seen the rocky movies besides the 1st one. but his wrestling is okay. its just with him he always seems to make his moves look like they don't connect which is the opposite of what you should do.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #3 on: 5 August 2008, 10:03:11 PM »
Quote from: Mr.Cannon;11571
Let's see what else TNA can rip off gimmick wise.... I got my money on a guy named John Zambo... He will be kinda like John Rambo...

:lol2:

First John Morrison then.... oh wait. :huh

That's WWE.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #4 on: 5 August 2008, 11:05:46 PM »
Quote from: The Franchise;11618
:lol2:

First John Morrison then.... oh wait. :huh

That's WWE.

Clever comeback... Now lets talks about TNA gimmick in TNA shall we..

First we have SharkBoy...He is a spoof on Stone Cold and it was good at first and something that would work only short term bu TNA keep milking it and it is no longer entertaining. It is simply boring.

Then we have Petey Williams who is Scott Stieners Mini-Me. They have taking Petey and turned him into a midger clone of Big Poppa Pump thus rippin off his gimmick.

Next up is Black Machismo Jay Lethal.. We all know what he's ripping off and its pretty lame. It was cool at first now it is just old and no longer amusing.

Creed... A blantnat ripoff of Apollo Creed from The Rocky movies. I wonder if Stallone will get some merch royalties from TNA for this whole Creed gimmick..

I could go on some more about how most of TNA's gimmicks suck but I gott better things to do like attempt to shave my ass.. Yea that right shaving my ass ranks higher then TNA

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!