Author Topic: When does Orton return?  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
When does Orton return?
« Reply #30 on: 11 August 2008, 10:41:58 PM »
I'm not really buying this all to muc....or i don't understand it. if this motorcycle injury happened in june then why is it just being brought out now? and why would orton already say in a recent interview (posted on page 2) that he was cleared to wrestle? doesn't make much sense to me if im understanding this correctly.

Offline Dale

When does Orton return?
« Reply #31 on: 11 August 2008, 10:53:16 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;12473
I'm not really buying this all to muc....or i don't understand it. if this motorcycle injury happened in june then why is it just being brought out now? and why would orton already say in a recent interview (posted on page 2) that he was cleared to wrestle? doesn't make much sense to me if im understanding this correctly.

It doesn't say the "accident" happened in June, it say's he was initially injured in June at ONS

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE, ROH
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk, Austin Aries, Dolph Ziggler, Motor City Machine Guns, Kings of Wrestling
When does Orton return?
« Reply #32 on: 12 August 2008, 01:04:12 AM »
Well either way, accident or no accident we'll have to wait and see.  For now all we can assume is that this report is false until it is confirmed by a major news paper or report. If it does happen to be true it sucks for Randy and RAW but I still stand by my original statement that the longer the wait the more over they'll be once they return.

Counting All The Assholes In The Room
Well I'm Definatly Not Alone; Well I'm Not Alone
You're A Liar; You're A Cheater; You're A Fool
Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
When does Orton return?
« Reply #33 on: 12 August 2008, 02:39:25 AM »
Quote from: Mick Clique;12478
It doesn't say the "accident" happened in June, it say's he was initially injured in June at ONS

Oh. i miss understood.

in that case this really sucks because i was hoping for a randy orton vs CM Punk feud after summerslam.

Offline firewall316

When does Orton return?
« Reply #34 on: 12 August 2008, 03:01:51 AM »
Haha! Orton pulled a Roethlisberger. Sucks for him. At least I got another few months without having to see him back on tv.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
When does Orton return?
« Reply #35 on: 12 August 2008, 03:16:03 AM »
It's a shame that when he comes back he will probably get a fair amount of air time :). I'm really upset and disappointed if this is going to be the case though, as i really wanted him back before i go off to uni.

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
When does Orton return?
« Reply #36 on: 12 August 2008, 05:03:54 AM »
I was updating a fan without 'Net on WWE news tonight. When I mentioned Orton, he said, "We know it has to be the collarbone again; There's no brain there."

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk, Austin Aries, Dolph Ziggler, Motor City Machine Guns, Kings of Wrestling
When does Orton return?
« Reply #37 on: 12 August 2008, 11:20:38 AM »
Here's the full report from WrestleZone
Quote from: ''
The following is from WWE.com:

Randy Orton was involved in a motorcycle accident near his home Sunday night that could have ended his life were he not wearing a helmet.

Orton, who has only been riding motorcycles for a month, said he was riding around a sharp curve on a steep hill home when an oncoming car veered into his lane causing him to widen his turn.

Orton then struck a curb and was thrown from his bike. He collided with the ground, knocking him unconscious. In his words, Orton "bounced and rolled just under 300 feet, landing in a ditch."

"When I came to, I knew I had rebroken my collarbone," said Orton. "When the police and fireman got there, they asked me 'Where's the guy who was in the wreck?' and I said 'It was me.'"

Orton, who was wearing just shorts and a sweatshirt, only sustained the rebroken collarbone.  

"Without a helmet, I would be dead," said Orton. "Now that I have a newborn daughter, so much was going through my head."  

Although the initial prognosis is that Orton will not need surgery, this injury will set him back an additional three months before he can return to the ring.

Orton did have one final message for his fans ... "I will ride again."

I don't know how legit it is considering it's off of WWE.com again but there you go.

Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
When does Orton return?
« Reply #38 on: 12 August 2008, 12:12:03 PM »
Here's WWE's HUGE chance to show they are doing it for the KIDS. Have Randy Orton appear during a commercial break with his collar in a sling and utter the words... "Remember Kids, Randy Orton says Always Wear A Helmet!" :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
When does Orton return?
« Reply #39 on: 14 August 2008, 06:57:31 AM »
Quote from: The Franchise;12620
Here's WWE's HUGE chance to show they are doing it for the KIDS. Have Randy Orton appear during a commercial break with his collar in a sling and utter the words... "Remember Kids, Randy Orton says Always Wear A Helmet!" :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Better idea: Leave him off TV even past his full recovery, & show those kids (adults of the future) how making dumb choices now can effect you in your ability to make money in the future. (Most people below a certain age are heavily affected when you show the impact something can have on their wallets.)

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
When does Orton return?
« Reply #40 on: 14 August 2008, 07:10:05 AM »
Orton's mic skills fit his gimmick... His gimmick isn't a heel thats out to whip ass and being intense. His gimmick is a calm,cool and calcualting heel and his mic skills match that to perfection. He IMO doesn't get .engouth credit on the mic for what he does. After all PWI did rank him #1 for a reason.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
When does Orton return?
« Reply #41 on: 14 August 2008, 07:27:38 AM »
Quote from: Mr.Cannon;13094
Orton's mic skills fit his gimmick... His gimmick isn't a heel thats out to whip ass and being intense. His gimmick is a calm,cool and calcualting heel and his mic skills match that to perfection. He IMO doesn't get .engouth credit on the mic for what he does. After all PWI did rank him #1 for a reason.

Ask anyone' They'll tell you PWI gets their rankings wrong a lot. They've (if you ask some fans) got several people ranked in the wrong spots this year, & it starts at the top.

I give him all the credit in the world for what he does on the mic... Unfortunately for him, this is a business that requires you to eventually leave the mic at ringside & get physical, at which point he utterly fails to back-up anything he's said.

Offline firewall316

When does Orton return?
« Reply #42 on: 14 August 2008, 09:08:19 PM »
I'm one that would disagree with Orton being near #1. Maybe... 8-10. His mic skills are... ok. Every now and then its somewhat entertaining. Otherwise he puts me to sleep on the mic and in the ring.

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
When does Orton return?
« Reply #43 on: 16 August 2008, 08:23:24 PM »
Orton's injury still looks to be a work IMO, but to reply to TJ & Cannon I'm going to say that Orton's #1 ranking was because of the people he beat this year including Cena & Triple H at WrestleMania face it Mania is a huge PPV and winning would surely post your rating on the PWI list. Plus he was the one that "ended Cena's reign" so that gives to the ranking as well.

His mic skills may not be the greatest when you look around the Pro-Wrestling world but they do fit what he's doing in-character so they work great for him and he can do good in the ring too so he may be a little high but not much.

Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too