Author Topic: Mick Foley's Contract Up Soon  (Read 926 times)

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
Mick Foley's Contract Up Soon
« Reply #15 on: 7 August 2008, 12:07:47 AM »
Foley would never go to TNA. In ROH when he said he wanted to go back to wWE one day the crowd booed him and he went "At least its not TNA!" which he got a huge pop for. Though now that i think about it he is good friends with Samoa Joe....

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #16 on: 7 August 2008, 12:24:47 AM »
I would love for Foley to go to TNA for 2 reasons.

1.to get don west off the commentary team. i hate the fact that he says "as you can see" at least 10 times per impact.

2. i really enjoyed matt striker on ECW last night. i think he and todd worked great together and i wouldn't mind tazz being with JR and striker be the new guy with grisham.

so that would give us.

King and cole. (ehh okay IMO)
Striker and Grisham (really good IMO)
Tazz and JR (Really good IMO)
Mike Tonay and Mick Foley (Really good IMO but time would tell)

but sadly i don't see foley going to TNA. but either way i hope he ends up commentating somewhere.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #17 on: 7 August 2008, 01:11:13 AM »
Quote from: Ultramanits BLACK;11814
Foley would never go to TNA. In ROH when he said he wanted to go back to wWE one day the crowd booed him and he went "At least its not TNA!" which he got a huge pop for. Though now that i think about it he is good friends with Samoa Joe....

Well that could've been a work to get a cheap pop son, after all Foley is the king of cheap pops.

If he goes to TNA he'll probably do a few matches here or there too, i wouldn't mind seeing him vs. some of the guys there in gimmick matches.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE, ROH
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk, Austin Aries, Dolph Ziggler, Motor City Machine Guns, Kings of Wrestling
« Reply #18 on: 7 August 2008, 01:15:42 AM »
Quote from: Professor Prax;11824
Well that could've been a work to get a cheap pop son, after all Foley is the king of cheap pops.

I think Dwayne Johnson would like a word with you :closedeyes

Anyway after seeing ECW it looks like this might be true, I didn't want to post in here before because I rarely ever believe news like this unless it comes from the person themselves. Anyway with Tazz off ECW he could very well be on SmackDown this week [No Spoilers please] now Tazz & JR would be good but no where near as entertaining as JR and Mick are. Hopefully he gets things worked out and stays on the table.

Counting All The Assholes In The Room
Well I'm Definatly Not Alone; Well I'm Not Alone
You're A Liar; You're A Cheater; You're A Fool
Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #19 on: 7 August 2008, 09:12:51 PM »
Quote from: Professor Prax;11808
JBL is a genius on the mic and he was a great color commentator, one of the best. He made Cole look much better than he is (Cole isn't bad but JBL was just that good). They really complemented each other perfectly.

You're not the first to say that JBL was "just that good" on the team, & I'd agree... If the level marked as "that good" is "not good at all".

Lately, my relatives have come over during most SD's so I'm left just watching matches, & muting so the family can converse... Those relatives were out-of-state (1) or not born yet (the other) when JBL was commentating; I only muted it so I didn't have to hear the vacuum-level sucking.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #20 on: 8 August 2008, 01:00:59 AM »
Foley to TNA.... Hmmm that would be interesting needless to say. As for Vince yelling at him he needs to get over it.... He knew what he was getting into before he took the job, he's been around long engouth. So Foley as The Briscoe Brothers would say needs to MAN UP!

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Dale

« Reply #21 on: 8 August 2008, 05:29:10 PM »
Amidst online reports of Mick Foley possibly departing from World Wrestling Entertainment, the Long Island Press contacted him to ask him about. Foley responded to their phone messages with the following statement:

"I can't say much until after my contract expires, which is September 1st. But at this point, there is a good chance, through mutual agreement, that I will not be renewing the contract," Foley said while leaving a phone message Thursday evening. "Creatively, the announcing job wasn't working out too well."

Dissapointing to say the least, but maybe something could be sorted out in the next week or so.
[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #22 on: 8 August 2008, 05:41:04 PM »
Quote from: Mr.Cannon;11975
Foley to TNA.... Hmmm that would be interesting needless to say. As for Vince yelling at him he needs to get over it.... He knew what he was getting into before he took the job, he's been around long engouth. So Foley as The Briscoe Brothers would say needs to MAN UP!

I wouldn't mind him going to TNA in replacement for that hack Don West. I swear tha guy thinks it's necessary to scream every frickin 5 seconds.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #23 on: 9 August 2008, 12:22:14 AM »
All Don West does is scream, repeat what Tenay already said, & make me want to give him a cough drop.

That said, no Foley to TNA; Half the time, the commentators would be the top 2 talents involved in the match.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #24 on: 9 August 2008, 06:26:48 AM »
Quote from: Skittles;12053
I wouldn't mind him going to TNA in replacement for that hack Don West. I swear tha guy thinks it's necessary to scream every frickin 5 seconds.

and if he isn't screaming he is just saying the words "As you can see" just watch impact or something and you will hear it over and over again from him. overall i like don because he seems like a nice guy and he is good with the don west deals. but at the announcers table he is just annoying. bring in Foley.

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE, ROH
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk, Austin Aries, Dolph Ziggler, Motor City Machine Guns, Kings of Wrestling
« Reply #25 on: 9 August 2008, 06:33:41 AM »
Quote from: TJChurch;12103
All Don West does is scream, repeat what Tenay already said, & make me want to give him a cough drop.

That said, no Foley to TNA; Half the time, the commentators would be the top 2 talents involved in the match.

What you said about West is true and all but I think people are forgetting that Tenay is no God send either. He feels it's necessary to call every single move in a match from the opening lock up right down to the finisher. And to be quite honest it gets annoying, half the time I watch TNA I find myself with the volume on mute.

Now I wouldn't want Foley to go to TNA to announce or even wrestle for that matter because knowing the WWE Legend he is they would base so much on him like they have with other guys and Mick isn't the type of guy that should be given that kind of thing. So here's hoping they work out the issues and Foley stays on the table with JR.

Counting All The Assholes In The Room
Well I'm Definatly Not Alone; Well I'm Not Alone
You're A Liar; You're A Cheater; You're A Fool
Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #26 on: 9 August 2008, 08:43:36 AM »
Quote from: EclipseXcel;12168
What you said about West is true and all but I think people are forgetting that Tenay is no God send either. He feels it's necessary to call every single move in a match from the opening lock up right down to the finisher. And to be quite honest it gets annoying, half the time I watch TNA I find myself with the volume on mute.

Agree, but sometimes, I prefer that to WWE. As JR recently blogged, they'd spent a lot of pre-draft time discussing/recapping feuds, including some work by guys who couldn't act to save their lives, & the usual unbelievable Vince nonsense (on the level of Katie Vick, etc., that just wouldn't happen). At least with Tenay, you know what he's describing can happen, & often is/has.