Author Topic: Mick Foley's Contract Up Soon  (Read 874 times)

Offline Pala!

Mick Foley's Contract Up Soon
« on: 4 August 2008, 07:34:24 PM »
Gerweck.net

Dave Meltzer is reporting that Mick Foley's WWE contract is up soon, perhaps as early as the end of the summer.

------------------------------

They need to resign him. I'm liking this JR/Foley team.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #1 on: 4 August 2008, 07:35:42 PM »
I think he will get re-signed. He does a really good job as play by play on Smackdown. Plus I don't see a reason why WWE wouldn't re-sign him either... Foley Is Good!

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline geek 3.14

• #1 Kane fan
« Reply #2 on: 4 August 2008, 07:38:24 PM »
Foley is GOOOOOD!!! I have been a Mick fan for years and seeing him on SD is such a treat for me. I see no reason why he wouldn't be re-signed. He is doing his job and doing it well. He has dedication to WWE and that is NEVER a bad thing in an employee.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 4 August 2008, 10:29:22 PM »
According to Mike Johnson, Mick Foley asked Vince McMahon for a release from his announcing duties last week. Johsnon says it may have blown over, and it wasn't a heated argument between Mick and Vince. Basically, Foley said he was sick of being yelled at by Vince in his headset for two hours every week.

Dave Meltzer is reporting that Foley's WWE contract is up soon, perhaps as early as the end of the summer.

thought i would add the more detailed news.

this sucks though i love foley as a commentator. i hope he stays.

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #4 on: 4 August 2008, 11:00:41 PM »
They'll find middle ground; Hardcore Diaries includes a lot of love for Vince, & Foley has worked for WWE for longer than several of his announcers, etc.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #5 on: 4 August 2008, 11:42:42 PM »
If Foley doesn't resign I will be legit surprised. Thought this was all just another Meltzer "everybody look at me" comment at first tbh.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #6 on: 5 August 2008, 01:55:29 AM »
I want Hardcore Holly to replace him.

Offline Black Dragon

« Reply #7 on: 5 August 2008, 04:07:35 PM »
That sucks, I really liked Foley as an announcer!! :(

I hope thata t least they'll give him another role on WWE television so we cans till have Foley around.

[/cent

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #8 on: 5 August 2008, 06:05:35 PM »
You'd think Foley would know what it's like to do announcing for WWE considering how many years he's been there. It's painfully obvious even to me, a fan, that Vince yells at everyone over the headset, probably even JR and Cole and King. He should've figured that out the moment he signed up for the job.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #9 on: 5 August 2008, 06:11:17 PM »
Quote from: Professor Prax;11546
You'd think Foley would know what it's like to do announcing for WWE considering how many years he's been there. It's painfully obvious even to me, a fan, that Vince yells at everyone over the headset, probably even JR and Cole and King. He should've figured that out the moment he signed up for the job.

You have a point.
I'm not all that crazy about Foley. I don't mind him as a commentator but if he doesn't stay than I'm not going to be torn up about it. Besides if he leaves, the WWE could just bring back Earnest "the cat" Miller to do commentating on SD! :lol2
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #10 on: 5 August 2008, 06:12:29 PM »
That would be pretty cool, but I love the chemistry JR and Mick have. JR's called like all of Mick's best matches in WWE and they're friends so it works. The best announce team since JBL and Cole (as I'm not a big King fan).

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #11 on: 5 August 2008, 09:57:06 PM »
Just a little bit more info on the topic

Source: prowrestling.net

As we reported here earlier this week, Mick Foley has been unhappy with his role as color commentator on SmackDown! and is considering leaving WWE when his contract expires in the coming weeks. There has been talk of holding him off television this week to sell the angle he did with Edge at the end of last week's Smackdown, but it should be noted that the Edge angle was not specifically written as a way to get Foley off television.

The main factor contributing to Foley's unhappiness is Vince McMahon yelling into his headset during SmackDown! broadcast. McMahon regularly feeds lines to and communicates (note: yells at) WWE announcers while they are working and Foley is said to be at the end of his rope.

There was an incident that took place several months back while Mick Foley was calling SmackDown! with Michael Cole. Foley felt that Vince got so out of line with his yelling that he called Vince later that night to discuss the situation. Although sources indicate that Vince has toned down while producing Foley since then, Mick is still bothered by the way he and other announcers have been produced.

Foley is expected to appear at SummerSlam in some capacity, but that show is being seen as a possible end-date for Foley if he chooses not to sign a new deal the company.

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #12 on: 6 August 2008, 07:41:42 AM »
Quote from: Professor Prax;11552
That would be pretty cool, but I love the chemistry JR and Mick have. JR's called like all of Mick's best matches in WWE and they're friends so it works. The best announce team since JBL and Cole (as I'm not a big King fan).

I'm not a huge King fan, by any stretch, but Mr. Socko with nobody's hand would be better at the job than JBL.

Mick's better than Socko or JBL.

More on-topic, Vince just has to shut-up & realize if he doesn't have the mic, he can't decide what people say; Same as trying to control fan chants, etc.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #13 on: 6 August 2008, 11:44:23 PM »
Quote from: TJChurch;11717
I'm not a huge King fan, by any stretch, but Mr. Socko with nobody's hand would be better at the job than JBL.

Mick's better than Socko or JBL.

More on-topic, Vince just has to shut-up & realize if he doesn't have the mic, he can't decide what people say; Same as trying to control fan chants, etc.

JBL is a genius on the mic and he was a great color commentator, one of the best. He made Cole look much better than he is (Cole isn't bad but JBL was just that good). They really complemented each other perfectly.

Offline Dale

« Reply #14 on: 6 August 2008, 11:50:55 PM »
Quote from: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- As reported erlier, Mick Foley's WWE contract is set to expire at the end of the month. Should he not re-sign with WWE, he would be immediately available to sign with TNA. However, there has been zero talk on the TNA side regarding the possibility of the addition of Foley, at least that we know of, but you'd have to think that they'd be very interested in his services should he become available.

Foley's current WWE contract is actually as a result of TNA. In the summer of 2005, Foley told Vince McMahon that he had accepted a deal with TNA. The news made Vince McMahon pretty upset and he offered Foley a great deal to stay with World Wrestling Entertainment. However, their relationship was never really the same.

At the very least, should Foley depart WWE, he'll definitely be more involved in the entertainment field. Some sources within the TV industry have discussed the possibility of Foley leaving WWE. Foley has had a few television projects floating around for development and pilot ideas on many occasions. There were also plans for him to do a quasi-reality show featuring his family, but was forced to drop it when he took the SmackDown announcing job.

Internally, his future as the SmackDown color commentator still remains in question. There is definitely a good chance that his days as an announcer for SmackDown are numbered. Last week's angle could have been done to write him off the show, but the indication given is that he would be back again. Foley enjoys working with Jim Ross, but isn't particularly fond of Vince McMahon yelling at him over the headset while he's doing commentary. It's something all of of the announcers have to deal with, but it's something new for Foley as he wasn't treated in this manner as a performer.[/size]

Just more info to shed light on the situation. Now I personally hope that Mick manages to sort this situation out as the bits and bats i've caught of Smackdown, I have enjoyed his work alongside JR. I feel he brings that good quality of knowing what the guys are going through in the ring as obviously he was a former wrestler and feel that the more time he spends alongside JR the better he will get as there's nobody better to learn from than JR.