Author Topic: Ex WWE wrestlers in TNA  (Read 1453 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Ex WWE wrestlers in TNA
« on: 3 August 2008, 09:47:39 PM »
So when people talk bad about TNA they always bring up the ex WWE wrestlers TNA has. well i wanted to get into this a little more.for the most part i don't really have a problem with the way most of the ex WWE guys are being used.I Think its more of TNA Trying to go in the right direction but may not be doing the best job at it. but i wanted to go down and list all the Ex WWE guys and TNA and give my thoughts on them because i don't think its right to bash TNA just for having ex WWE guys although i think they should build more of there own stars.

Kurt angle:
Come on.love angle or hate angle you got to admit he is a great wrestler and a great all around charicter in wrestling. i would really have a hard time believing you if you said you wouldn't have picked up kurt angle. sure he wason top of TNA for a while but ever since he lost the TNA title to joe and put joe over cleanly he has been feuding with AJ and has lost to AJ cleanly and will probably be putting AJ over even more in the last man standing match at hard justice. so how can you really complain about angle and the way he is being used lately?

Booker T:
Booker T is a toss up with me but i see why you would hire booker,he is a big star and known throughout the wres6tling world. and has probably won more titles overall than anyone in wrestling today. right now he is feuding with samoa joe and had joe beat the living hell out of him at the last PPV and will be facing joe at hard justice as well where i assume he will continue to put joe over. i mean to use fans that already respect joe thats not who TNA is targeting right now. they already know we respect joe but they want to put joe over to the casual fans and what better way than to have him go guys who the casual fans already know as big names like angle and booker.

Team 3D:
I don't think there is any more well known team in ALL of wrestling, yeah team 3D may be getting old but they can still put on a good match and they are VERY entertaining overall especially as heels. i don't see how anyone wouldn't want to pick3D up and help elivate there tag team division. 3D probably has the most credibility (at least to the casual fan)among any tag team in wrestling today and i don't see how having them on your roster is bad.

Christian Cage:
For me personally i don't think christian cage has been anything more than a good thing in TNA. i thoutght he was a star ready to burst out in the WWE but unfortunately at the time that is when WWE was in push Cena and Batista to the moon mode because they had jut won there world titles. anyways at first cage went unbeaten for a long time but since BFG last year where he put samoa joe over cleanly he also has lost to kaz in a ladder match cleanly and hasn't really taken the spot light away from any of the younger guys in TNA. plus christian cage for me is all around enjoyable to watch in the ring and out of it.

Rhino:
Rhino for me is take him or leave him. i personally don't really like rhino he just seems boring to me. so this is a guy for me i wouldn't mind seeing let go by TNA.

Matt Morgan:
Matt Morgan is a young big guy and WWE never used him right. i mean a shuddering gimmick? come on! lately matt morgan has been getting a lot of momentum and IMO he seems like he can wrestle too. plus WWE didn't really make him so i don't really think TNA picked this guy up because he is a former WWE guy.

BG James:
BG Hardly ever gets used anymore, and i like what they did with him having him be more of a hype guy or backstage interviewer at the last PPV.so i don't see how BG can really be a problem when he is never really even on TNA.

Kip James:
The same can go for Kip James. he is never hardly on TNA anymore. and if he is he is just jobbing its not like he's taking up PPV spots or anything.

Sheik Abdul Bashir (Davari)
Well we haven't even seen him debut on Impact since he has gotten his name change and stuff so i don't think we can really judge.but we never really seen what he was capable of in the WWE. so im going to wait on this one and see how he is in TNA.

Now the rest i would probably call ex WCW guys because WCW did more with them than WWE guys.

Kevin Nash
Some people hate Nash some people like him.
I personally don't have a problem with what they're doing with nash right now. he is a mentor of samoa joe,once again another thing to help joe get over in the casual fans eye. now as long as nash doesn't wrestle and is doing his backstage thing and doesn't get involved in matches then i am more than fine with kevin nash at the time being.

Scott Steiner
Ok so with this guy TNA seems to want to do the right thing but don't seem to be doing it right. i like the fact that he took petey under his wing and was a mentor to petey. but for petey to try to act and look just like steiner is stupid. you can have steiner be by his side and be a mentor but don't make petey look like his little bitch. actually make it look like steiner respects petey and make petey look credible in his own way other than being a smaller scott steiner.

Sting
Sting Sting Sting.....Now sting is someone i always looked up to. he was my first favorite wrestler as a kid.but in TNA who has sting helped put over? i can't think of one person really. not only has he not put anyone over but he has main evented and won in the world title matches at the past 2 bound for glorys which is TNA biggest PPV and the time where they should be putting there own stars over the most IMO.and now it seems like most of TNA is revolving around sting. TNA its okay to have sting but come on he needs to put some younger guys over before he hang up his boots which he seems to be planning on doing soon.

Well that is basically it. give me your thoughts on this and tell me what your problem is with these former WWE guys in TNA.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
Ex WWE wrestlers in TNA
« Reply #1 on: 3 August 2008, 10:13:41 PM »
I don't like alot about TNA but Matt Morgan I do like. He can wrestler for a 7ft 300lbs guy. If they continue to book him properly he could end up being a big star and be the first guy in a long time that you can say "WWE dropped the ball on."

Rhino.. He is a shell of his former self. He was straight up nasty in ECW and WWE he was good... Now in TNA he is nothing.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline bigdog

Ex WWE wrestlers in TNA
« Reply #2 on: 3 August 2008, 10:30:34 PM »
Sting did put over Abyss. TNA just dropped the ball with Abyss' push. Plus, Sting doesn't even ask for anything anymore. He just comes and does what TNA wants for the most part. (I know this cause I've been on his official forum where he and his agent post often.) Sting wants to make TNA big. But he's leaving it up to them how to do it.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Ex WWE wrestlers in TNA
« Reply #3 on: 3 August 2008, 10:35:34 PM »
Yeah i have heard that sting wants to put over the younger guys. and i wasn't blaming anything on sting i was aiming more at TNA management. i thought he was going to put over daniels last year at slamaversary i think it was but when he beat daniels in like no time seems like ever since then TNA hasn't wanted to put anyone over sting. maybe angle but no younger TNA stars really.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
Ex WWE wrestlers in TNA
« Reply #4 on: 4 August 2008, 04:15:17 AM »
The gripe I have with TNA is not that they employ former WWE superstars. It's just that when they do employ them, they immediatley stop pushing there regular talent (or it seems that way to me atleast). I think pretty much everyone that was hired by TNA has made a mark for themselves in the company (exlcuding rhino). I just wish tha they will quit burying there own talent and pushing former WWE/WCW guys just because they came from the bigger companies.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
Ex WWE wrestlers in TNA
« Reply #5 on: 4 August 2008, 06:05:20 AM »
Quote from: Skittles;11180
The gripe I have with TNA is not that they employ former WWE superstars. It's just that when they do employ them, they immediatley stop pushing there regular talent (or it seems that way to me atleast). I think pretty much everyone that was hired by TNA has made a mark for themselves in the company (exlcuding rhino). I just wish tha they will quit burying there own talent and pushing former WWE/WCW guys just because they came from the bigger companies.

Yes i agree shanti. and it seems to me that that is what direction TNA is heading in with having the TNA guys like joe and AJ go up against Angle and Booker which will ultimately put joe and AJ over. like i said before we know the talent of these guys but they are putting them around the already known names and veterans if you will so they will get over in the casual fans eye and so the casual fan may have interest in they are involved in one of there old favorite wrestlers storyline.

I can't say for sure that that is the direction TNA is going in but to me it looks like it and i guess we will all just have to wait and see at hard justice which is where those 2 feuds are seeming like they will top off.

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
Ex WWE wrestlers in TNA
« Reply #6 on: 4 August 2008, 06:20:39 AM »
WWE guy or not, the main problem I have is with how much they use them... Must be done the right amount.

Kills me when I shop for DVDs, & see that guys like AJ (who should be used as much as he was in the recent Angles storyline) are working to back guys like Christian (who shouldn't be used at all).

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
Ex WWE wrestlers in TNA
« Reply #7 on: 4 August 2008, 02:18:45 PM »
Rhino won 3 matches in one night including the NWA World Championship at TNA's biggest PPV of the year, Bound For Glory 05. How is that not making an impact?? :huh

Offline WWEFANbOy

Ex WWE wrestlers in TNA
« Reply #8 on: 4 August 2008, 03:57:22 PM »
did anyone know that Matt Morgan took off of wrestling and is Beast on American Gladiators?

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
Ex WWE wrestlers in TNA
« Reply #9 on: 4 August 2008, 05:32:59 PM »
Quote from: The Franchise;11216
Rhino won 3 matches in one night including the NWA World Championship at TNA's biggest PPV of the year, Bound For Glory 05. How is that not making an impact?? :huh

Like I said before Rhino isn't the same guy he was in ECW.. He won an NWA World Title big whoop! When that belt was on TNA there were only a few guys who were worthy of that title and Rhino wasn't one of them. All Rhino does now is come out to the ring in a hoody with Christian and just stand behind him with his hands in his pocket. Then when he wrestles it isn't that great.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
Ex WWE wrestlers in TNA
« Reply #10 on: 4 August 2008, 05:55:13 PM »
1] Rhino has always been & will always be about 3-counts: Bore, Gore, & Snor.

2] Morgan isn't off wrestling to do "AG"... In fact, I think he would've been on sooner if TNA & NBC could've agreed on scheduling. (One was fighting the other to be his "A" job.)

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
Ex WWE wrestlers in TNA
« Reply #11 on: 4 August 2008, 06:10:09 PM »
Quote from: The Franchise;11216

Wow I totally forgot about that lol. See ...that's how big of an impact he made. I didn't even remember that he won the NWA title at bound for glory.:lol2
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
Ex WWE wrestlers in TNA
« Reply #12 on: 4 August 2008, 10:10:36 PM »
I think ever since rhino lost the TNA title he has just gone down hill and hasn't been a big deal or anything since then.

But I'm still waiting on someone to really say why they don't like former WWE guys in TNA. i mean im waiting on some counter points or something....prax get in here and counter my points or something.haha.

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
Ex WWE wrestlers in TNA
« Reply #13 on: 4 August 2008, 11:01:55 PM »
I just got a "point-counterpoint" published in the local newspaper for a topic I wasn't aware existed until the day I wrote it; If you want me to tell you the problems with WWE people in TNA, I'm your guy.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Ex WWE wrestlers in TNA
« Reply #14 on: 5 August 2008, 06:21:35 PM »
Quote from: Skittles;11180

This is pretty much the sum of my opinion. I have no problem with TNA employing ex-WWE guys per-say, I mean any company would be stupid not to hire guys who name-value when they can. The problem is, as Shanti said, that they're holding back their own guys in the process. Sure sting may put over Abyss and Booker might put over Joe, but why isn't it Eric Young or Jay Lethal or any other TNA-bred guy putting people over in the main event?

Since TNA was created, the only world champions who didn't have name value before TNA were pretty much Ron Killings (who still had a career in WWE before even though I'm not going to count it), AJ Styles (I believe he was pretty big on the indy scene before that anyway) and Abyss.

There's a problem when in 6 years of existence you've only had 3ish champions who you've created as stars yourself.

There's a lot of talent in TNA, and for a company that claims to have the best wrestling product in the world and the best talent in pro wrestling, they certainly don't use it versus talent that made a name for themselves in other promotions.

Like I said I have no problem with TNA bringing in just about anyone, but when your own talent suffers, it's a big issue.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.