Author Topic: Official 2008 NCAA Football 2008-09 Discussion  (Read 459 times)

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
Official 2008 NCAA Football 2008-09 Discussion
« on: 1 August 2008, 10:41:04 PM »
1. Georgia (22) 0-0 1,438
 2. USC (14) 0-0 1,430
 3. Ohio State (14) 0-0 1,392
 4. Oklahoma (3) 0-0 1,329
 5. Florida (5) 0-0 1,293
 6. LSU (3) 0-0 1,163
 7. Missouri 0-0 1,143
 8. West Virginia 0-0 1,008
 9. Clemson 0-0 999
10. Texas 0-0 979
11. Auburn 0-0 888
12. Wisconsin 0-0 747
13. Kansas 0-0 714
14. Texas Tech 0-0 644
15. Virginia Tech 0-0 568
16. Arizona State 0-0 560
17. Brigham Young 0-0 547
18. Tennessee 0-0 506
19. Illinois 0-0 422
20. Oregon 0-0 399
21. South Florida 0-0 350
22. Penn State 0-0 313
23. Wake Forest 0-0 203
24. Michigan 0-0 112
25. Fresno State 0-0 91

I know Pre-Season rankings really don't mean a thing ,but I just thought I should post them. I don't see how Ohio State remains in the top three after getting their asses handed to them in championship game for the last two years. The Big 12 and the SEC are gonna be something else this season.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
2008 NCAA Football Pre-Season Rankings
« Reply #1 on: 2 August 2008, 12:30:59 AM »
You should just make this a general NCAA Football thread lol.

USC is like the BCS favorite. It sickens me.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #2 on: 2 August 2008, 01:17:20 AM »
Quote from: Ultramanits BLACK;10982
You should just make this a general NCAA Football thread lol.

USC is like the BCS favorite. It sickens me.

I expect them to win the Pac-10 once again and make it to the BCS championship going undefeated this season. They play Oregon, Arizona state, and Ohio State at home. The only team they might lose to is Oregon State because they ALWAYS have trouble with them on the road.
"This is my welcome!"

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
« Reply #3 on: 2 August 2008, 05:50:48 AM »
Notre Dames new recruiting class was ranked really high this year and Clausen's is on the Maxwell list of QB's to watch for this season. Suprisingly.

Offline Big Ace

« Reply #4 on: 2 August 2008, 10:01:39 AM »
Notre Dame's positive is the only way they can go this year is up.

Two straight fantastic recruiting classes should = BSC Champs in 2010.

That is, if they deliver and they weren't overrated.

Georgia's going to win it this year. They practice in ideal football weather, and they just have some flatout amazing athletes. The SEC is always tough, but I see Georgia as this year's LSU with a better QB.

How the hell did Brigham Young get up there? I heard some good stuff about them but top 20?

Texas will get upset by UTEP. After all, can't spell upset without UTEP :lol. Yeah, that was a terrible joke for a game that Texas should dominate :(. I see the Big 12 really stepping up their play. TX Tech looks like a force to be reckoned with and is going to be damn great.

The top ten looks like some great teams. Hopefully Ohio State doesn't make ANOTHER BCS Title game or else ratings will start to sink.

USC will piss me off again (go UCLA!) and end up in the top 5. Then again, they haven't been as good as they used to be with Carson Palmer at the helm.

How Michigan got in there is beyond me. Rich Rodriguez is in a bunch of shit with WVU still, and it's just gonna be a huge distraction. Plus, they lost Mike Hart and Chad Henne, so they'll have to restart that, not to mention they had a pretty bad defense last year.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 3 August 2008, 10:18:33 AM »
Well i don't know much about who should be number 1 before the season starts and stuff. but i will say it will be very hard for Georgia to keep the number 1 spot in the SEC.i mean they got to play so many great teams and even if they beat everyone they still have to play in the SEC championship. and even if they win that it is no lock to get in the national championship game because just a few years back auburn went unbeaten and didn't get in it.

Personally i was hoping to see Alabama in there. but hopefully they will prove themselves good as time goes on this season.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #6 on: 3 August 2008, 06:25:38 PM »
Georiga as number 1 is a joke... In there BCS Bowl game last year they beat a Hawaii team that got to where they were because they played no one all season. Hell, I think Appliachain State and Hawaii would have went down to the wire in a game. Now another thing that irks me about Georiga is alot of prognastacators haven't even picked them to win the SEC East, they have picked Florida. So again them as number 1 makes no sense.

Leo bringing up Notre Dame and there recruiting class.... There recruiting class is over hyped EVERY year. Last year they supposedly had a top recruting class and the year before that and the year before that! The funny thing is Charlie Weiss gets mostly his own players in there and they couldn't do dick last year. Like Big Ace said all they can do this year is go up...

Ohio State.... I hate these ****ers. Lets get to a title game the last two years and choke it away each time. Ohio State Vs Florida and Ohio State Vs LSU showed me one thing and one thing only.. THe players Florida and LSU recruit are mainly from the South and Ohio State from the midwest... It shows that athletes in the south are superior to thoes in colder climates. Why? Because in the south you get to play longer because you don't have harsh winters. That why kids from Cali are good too. So, Ohio State won't win a title until they recruit the right players that are 1.From the south or Cali and 2. Have speed! Because the last two years Ohio State just got out ran by LSU ans Florida.

Last point Tim Tebow is runner up for the Heisman this year... Winner will be his teammate Percy Harvin.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Big Ace

« Reply #7 on: 3 August 2008, 07:24:08 PM »
Quote from: Mr.Cannon;11111
Georiga as number 1 is a joke... In there BCS Bowl game last year they beat a Hawaii team that got to where they were because they played no one all season. Hell, I think Appliachain State and Hawaii would have went down to the wire in a game. Now another thing that irks me about Georiga is alot of prognastacators haven't even picked them to win the SEC East, they have picked Florida. So again them as number 1 makes no sense.

Leo bringing up Notre Dame and there recruiting class.... There recruiting class is over hyped EVERY year. Last year they supposedly had a top recruting class and the year before that and the year before that! The funny thing is Charlie Weiss gets mostly his own players in there and they couldn't do dick last year. Like Big Ace said all they can do this year is go up...

Ohio State.... I hate these ****ers. Lets get to a title game the last two years and choke it away each time. Ohio State Vs Florida and Ohio State Vs LSU showed me one thing and one thing only.. THe players Florida and LSU recruit are mainly from the South and Ohio State from the midwest... It shows that athletes in the south are superior to thoes in colder climates. Why? Because in the south you get to play longer because you don't have harsh winters. That why kids from Cali are good too. So, Ohio State won't win a title until they recruit the right players that are 1.From the south or Cali and 2. Have speed! Because the last two years Ohio State just got out ran by LSU ans Florida.

Last point Tim Tebow is runner up for the Heisman this year... Winner will be his teammate Percy Harvin.

I agree with you on the Tebow thing. I can see him being in the running for Heisman again, but I just can't see him winning it.

I hate to sound stereotypical, but I'm going to say that ESPN hypes up Tim Tebow for this reason (if you flame me, flame Narcolepsy because he gave me this idea. He's probably rolling his eyes at the moment):

Tim Tebow is a white quarterback. He runs the football. He has no criminal background. He looks like a nice guy. He won the Heisman as a sophomore.

A sophomore quarterback? Is he really that good or does everyone jump on him because he's a QB? Stats wise, he had a fantastic year, but you can't tell me has the best player in college football. You can't tell me he played better than guys like Chris Long, Glenn Dorsey, and maybe even Darren McFadden.

Tebow will be good, but he's going to have to prove himself again this year, because there are still tons of doubters out there. If Tebow doesn't win the Heisman this year, he won't win it his senior year either.

Ohio State is the HQ of BCS. If they get in again this year, it definitely won't be because of their record.

Everyone knew LSU would win last year. They were just a better team. Ohio State needs to stop recruiting guys from Michigan and Ohio and just go down South to Texas to come over and recruit here.

I don't want to sound biased, but I do believe Texas is THE football state. High School football is HUGE here, way bigger than in most other states. Most of Ohio State's athletes wouldn't last a day in Midland/Odessa. It's not just that we have good football weather, it's practically year-round. Players can practice during the winter, whereas it's too cold up north.

I can't wait to see Clemson's Running Backs. I've heard tons of good things about them.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #8 on: 3 August 2008, 07:42:11 PM »
Ace, I'm a Florida fan, so I am going to defend Tebow... To an extent...

Last year Tebow had inhuman stats... Out of this world for that matter. He had 32 passing TD's only 6 ints and passed for 3286 yds... He then rushed for 895 yds and 23tds... That is 55 total TD's for one guy! I mean that is incredible. I don't care if your white,black,purple or yellow because not matter who you that is out of this world and ESPN will give attention to anyone who does that. Now the people you brought up like Dorsey, Long, and McFadden are all incredible talents.. But Doresy and Long wouldn't win a Heisman, because there defensive lineman and d-line players don't win awards like that. As far as McFadden goes he was awesome and I can't deny that, but give Tebow alittle more credit. A QB makes a team and there involved on every offensive play and if Tebow wasn't on Florida they wouldn't be where there at and they wouldn't be where they've been. Plain and simple I think Tebow meant more to his team last year the McFadden did.

Now onto the Ohio State thing... I agreee with you whole heartedly on that... There is nothing more I can say about that.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Big Ace

« Reply #9 on: 3 August 2008, 08:19:38 PM »
Quote from: Mr.Cannon;11121
Ace, I'm a Florida fan, so I am going to defend Tebow... To an extent...

Last year Tebow had inhuman stats... Out of this world for that matter. He had 32 passing TD's only 6 ints and passed for 3286 yds... He then rushed for 895 yds and 23tds... That is 55 total TD's for one guy! I mean that is incredible. I don't care if your white,black,purple or yellow because not matter who you that is out of this world and ESPN will give attention to anyone who does that. Now the people you brought up like Dorsey, Long, and McFadden are all incredible talents.. But Doresy and Long wouldn't win a Heisman, because there defensive lineman and d-line players don't win awards like that. As far as McFadden goes he was awesome and I can't deny that, but give Tebow alittle more credit. A QB makes a team and there involved on every offensive play and if Tebow wasn't on Florida they wouldn't be where there at and they wouldn't be where they've been. Plain and simple I think Tebow meant more to his team last year the McFadden did.

Now onto the Ohio State thing... I agreee with you whole heartedly on that... There is nothing more I can say about that.

It's terrible though, how a defensive player can never get a Heisman, despite really being the best player in the country. Tim Tebow's stats, as I said, were terrific. He really is a unique player because I couldn't count on one hand the number of QB's to ever do that much as a sophomore.

Regardless, I would've been even more impressed had he won the National Championship as a sophomore too. I'll give him his respect, as he won it his freshman year but he had a really good team backing him up two years ago.

Whereas...D-Macfadden had to compete against a terrific Felix Jones over the starting job and, quite frankly, McFadden made Arkansas a way better team than it should've been.

But again, I completely agree that Tebow was a beast last year and I cannot argue with the fact that Tebow's numbers showed he deserved it.

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
« Reply #10 on: 3 August 2008, 08:31:43 PM »
I don't remember Notre Dame's recruting class last year being hyped. If anything i looked at last year as a rebuilding year before everything fell apart. All I remember is Clausens being over hyped cause he was 56-0 in high school or something like that.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #11 on: 3 August 2008, 09:32:57 PM »
In 2006 there recruiting class was in the top five. Then in 2007 they were said to be the number 7 best recruting class. Now this year alot of people have them at number one.... So Notre Dame the last three years has been hyped alot....

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Big Ace

« Reply #12 on: 4 August 2008, 12:10:33 AM »
And with nothing to show for it.

:lol had to throw that in.

But really, Notre Dame had better have a DAMN good team in the next two years or I'd be sorely disappointed to be an ND fan.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #13 on: 4 August 2008, 04:34:31 AM »

I wholeheartedly agree. To be quite honest I can see their season being like the Vol's season in 2005. Being ranked in the top 3 in the preseason polls and then end up completely sucking ass. They Have to play at LSU, Kentucky, and Auburn. I think those are all going to be losses. Kentucky may not be one of the powerhouses of the SEC, but that team is no push over.I can also see them losing 2 games at home to Tennessee and Florida too.

All I know is Fulmer's fat ass better have the Vols ready this season. We went 10-4 last season so I was content.
"This is my welcome!"