Author Topic: Official Football 08/09 Discussion  (Read 3437 times)

Offline Big-T

Official Football 08/09 Discussion
« Reply #30 on: 20 July 2008, 12:17:13 AM »
Some Rumours:

Liverpool to seal SUPER

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #31 on: 7 August 2008, 01:15:35 AM »
I'm surprised Kenny and Pala have resisted from the obvious Rangers jokes about them losing to Hearts Reserves on Tuesday night. :lol2:

Offline 2Slick

« Reply #32 on: 14 August 2008, 03:21:12 AM »
Arsenal got a lot of work to do.

Maybe they can change their game plan to a more "Premier League" like manner and nick a goal through a long ball or a cross to the head of one of their big men until their key players come back from injury.

There was no one tonight with the ability to create time and space for themselves the way Cesc does or stop the threat of the attack before it reached the back four. Well not consistently anyway!!!

I had a suspicion that Wenger was gonna sneak under the media radar and get Barry with Hoyte going the other way but not so sure now. Arsenal do need someone to protect the back four though particularly when Arsenal are not not playing well.

A poor performance from Liverpool today also, and luckly to get a draw. However, when everything is weighed up L'pool would have taken this result before the game. SL were up for this game and should have won, as was said in commentary it was like a FA cup tie for them.

What will become of L'pool in the next 2/3 weeks will be very interesting. Are they going to be to be same as previous years, just getting into 4th spot, or are they going to challenge? The players are not quite ready, and some are missing.

Time will tell, but today is not the time to judge them. The pressure is on for then to show that they can challenge, can they handle that pressure?

Offline Mr Kenny!

« Reply #33 on: 14 August 2008, 01:51:51 PM »
Liverpool were terrible last night i can openly admit that we were simply not good enough Standard Leige was the better team on the night and they could have won and maybe should have but they didnt and it was all thanks to a brilliant performance for Pepe Reina if he wasnt in goal we would have been beat simple as that

Keane and Torres linked well a few times but there defence smashed everyone on Liverpool Torres especially they seemed to have it in for him

Kuyt and Benyoun were crap they provided not width and for most of the match they weren't even there position

But Credit to Liege they put up a Great fight and outplayed us throughout the match

Im Confident we will still get the win in Anfield and get into the Group Stages

I agree with 2slick also there is pressure on the players for us fans to win the league but im sure there would be a lot of Happy fans if we even challenged for the title because we haven't been and we need to start turning draws into wins that was our problem last year we drew too many games
Even tho we lost less games then anyone else in the league after all the draws we had no chance of winning the league
I would like to say im confident about next season but im not
Made by me!!

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #34 on: 15 August 2008, 10:36:38 AM »
THE SEASON (EPL) STARTS TOMORROW!

*Sorry felt it needed some big introduction lol. Anyway guys anybody got any predictions for the season? I've got a season accumulator on Chelsea, QPR and Celtic. Plus a couple of other accumulators for this weekend.

Deco, Lampard, Ballack, Essien, Wright-Phillips, Cole, Obi-Mikel... this isn't any other football team. This is midfield of Chelsea FC! :drool

Offline Mr Kenny!

« Reply #35 on: 17 August 2008, 01:16:49 PM »
Even with that midfield you wont win anything

There were some good games yesterday but the Liverpool Sunderland wasn't one of them it was a poor match but the best striker in world FERNANDO TORRES won the game for us once again no team has a striker like El Nino he will be top scorer in the league this year even yesterday he didnt have a good game but he came up with a piece of Magic and scored a cracker of a goal to win us the game even tho we should have had a pen in the first half
I'm just happy with got off to a winning start

And Congrats to Hull they have already equaled Derby's win record from last season

Im looking forward to todays games
Newcastle play Manure
Villa play City
Chelski play Pompey

I think Villa will beat City
Chelski and Pompey game will be a draw
And Newcaslte will get a win against Manure i honestly think The Toon can get a sneaky win in this one
Made by me!!

Offline bele_nine

« Reply #36 on: 17 August 2008, 01:21:46 PM »
blah blah blah the big game of the weekend is this afternoon

THE FAMOUS MAN UNITED WENT TO ROME TO SEE THE POPE, THE FAMOUS MAN UNITED WENT TO ROME TO SEE THE POPE, THE FAMOUS MAN UNITED WENT TO ROME TO SEE THE POPE AND HERE IS WHAT HE SAID, WHO THE **** ARE MAN UNITED, WHO THE **** ARE MAN UNITED, WHO THE **** ARE MAN UNITED AND THE MAGS GO MARCHING ON ON ON!!!!!

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #37 on: 17 August 2008, 06:01:33 PM »
And Man United could only draw 0-0 with them? Damn. Talk about a victory! :D

PS. Well done Bele's boys too. Impressive result from my point of view. And I believe that Scolari has already out-done Grant. Not that I didn't doubt it for one second.

Didn't see either games as I was watching United/Celtic. Thank god MOTD is back though! :)

Offline 2Slick

« Reply #38 on: 19 August 2008, 05:10:58 AM »
Can't ask for much more from the opening game of the season! We completely outplayed Pompey and deserved the 4 goals. It was a shame Ballack had to go off because he was playing very well i thought. Everyone played very well and there wasn't a bad performance among them.

Lets see if we can keep this going.                                       

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #39 on: 19 August 2008, 07:03:28 PM »
This is only kind of related to this thread but I thought it appropriate to post it here...

I'm going to Team Canada vs. Honduras qualifier on September 6th here in Montreal and I'm excited. I think Canada has a good chance of advancing. Their group is Mexico, Honduras and Jamaica, and considering the strides they've made and how greatly they raped the group they were in before this, they have a good chance of advancing along with Mexico.

I saw them against St. Vincent and the Grenadines last month, they beat them 4-1 and it was a lot of fun. This is Canada's best chance to make it further in a long time and I think they'll take advantage.

Back to your premier league talk now :P

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline bele_nine

« Reply #40 on: 19 August 2008, 08:05:38 PM »
EEE AYE, EEE AYE, EEE AYE OH, UP THE PREMIER LEAGUE WE GO, WHEN WE GET TO EUROPE THIS IS WHAT WE SING, WE ARE GEORDIES SUPER GEORDIES, KEEGAN IS OUR KING.

a special mention so Jonas who has a great debut

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #41 on: 19 August 2008, 10:09:23 PM »
Quote from: bele_nine;13695
EEE AYE, EEE AYE, EEE AYE OH, UP THE PREMIER LEAGUE WE GO, WHEN WE GET TO EUROPE THIS IS WHAT WE SING, WE ARE GEORDIES SUPER GEORDIES, KEEGAN IS OUR KING.

a special mention so Jonas who has a great debut

Jonas looks good I'll admit that. But I reckon he will make mistakes. The way he runs at opposition is great talent of his but his passes look easily interceptable. One dodgy pass and you could be 1-0 down. Reminds me of one Boumsong. :lol2

Offline Mr Kenny!

« Reply #42 on: 20 August 2008, 12:54:49 AM »
Jonas look a good player at Manure but i dont think he will be a great player in the prem to be honest i just cant see him being one of the stars of the season but who knows he may prove me wrong and be player of year

As for Newcaslte getting into Europe you having a ****ing laugh no chance of you getting into Europe this year
Made by me!!

Offline 2Slick

« Reply #43 on: 20 August 2008, 06:39:22 AM »
I ****ing love Setanta. Where else would you get to watch Torquay vs. Ebsfleet and a striker named 'Michael Gash'.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #44 on: 20 August 2008, 06:30:01 PM »
Speaking of Setanta Im watching Eire v Norway right now. :D