Author Topic: Official Football 08/09 Discussion  (Read 3440 times)

Offline Pala!

Official Football 08/09 Discussion
« Reply #15 on: 23 June 2008, 04:43:48 PM »
The sun:

AC MILAN have launched a desperate bid to stop Emmanuel Adebayor going to Barcelona.

The Italians have made the Arsenal hitman their No1 target this summer.

But Barcelona also want Adebayor, who would be an ideal replacement for Samuel Eto'o.

Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani insists he will do all he can to secure the Togo striker's services.

But he admits he faces a tough task to prise him away from the Gunners.

Galliani said: "At the moment there is only one deal in motion and that's for Adebayor.

"Milan remain true to their word, either Adebayor comes or we keep things as they are.

"Adebayor has a contract, I'm always a pessimist by nature.

"Look at last year when Real Madrid said Kaka was theirs.

"If the club don't allow you in there's nothing you can do.

"If the player is at the end of his contract then his wishes are important.

"But if not and there's a contract and the club who owns him says no, then it's no. At the moment, it's no.

"Does it depend on Arsene Wenger? He's the Arsenal manager and at the moment his club isn't selling.

"Everything depends on Arsenal but when a club says their player is indispensable there's not a lot that can be done.

"Of course things could always open up but at the moment I must keep to Arsenal's official line and that is that for the moment there is no possibility of negotiating."

Galliani has also denied Manchester City target Ronaldinho will be heading to the San Siro.

He added: "It's not true that we're considering a bid for him.

"He has a ridiculous offer from England and it can't be matched."

Offline Pala!

« Reply #16 on: 29 June 2008, 12:28:13 PM »
Just read on the paper, Liverpool are about to put in a 25 million bit for Robbie Keane. If he does go, Robbie Keane will be wearing the famous number 7 shirt. I have to say that would be a great partnership Keane and Torres.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #17 on: 29 June 2008, 12:46:40 PM »

Offline Pala!

« Reply #18 on: 29 June 2008, 04:08:54 PM »
Also Peter Crouch could be put into the deal.:D

Offline Dale

« Reply #19 on: 29 June 2008, 04:37:43 PM »
25 million pounds or euros because pounds would be far over the top, he'd be worth half of it at best.

Offline Pala!

« Reply #20 on: 29 June 2008, 05:42:51 PM »
Euro, I was reading another thing and its probably about 15million and Peter Crouch.

Offline Dale

« Reply #21 on: 29 June 2008, 05:44:29 PM »
So 15 million pound and Crouchy? That still equates to around 25 million pound as Portsmouth apparently had a 9 million pound bid rejected for him.

Offline Pala!

« Reply #22 on: 29 June 2008, 05:50:08 PM »
Not 15 million pound. 15 Million Euro. But the whole deal would add up to about 19.5 Million Pound. So if Crouch was to be sold for 9 million, then it would be 10.5 million for Keane.

Offline Mr Kenny!

« Reply #23 on: 29 June 2008, 10:12:32 PM »
Well the deal i saw was 8 million and Crouchie thats not a bad deal if you ask me
Made by me!!

Offline Pala!

« Reply #24 on: 30 June 2008, 04:22:21 PM »
Tom Huddlestone signed a new five-year contract with Tottenham.

CHELSEA are planning for life without ace Ricardo Carvalho.
Link: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1359626.ece

MARTIN O

Offline Mr Kenny!

« Reply #25 on: 30 June 2008, 04:31:31 PM »
18million is taking the piss in my opinion it was 15 to start with they will just keep raising the price and by the end of the summer he will still be at Villa but i wouldn't mind if we got him for 16 million at most that's about it i wouldn't pay 18 million

Anyway i would rather we keep Alonso
Made by me!!

Offline Big-T

« Reply #26 on: 1 July 2008, 02:50:18 AM »
That is crap, i wouldn't want Keane for over 10 Million. Hes in his late 20's, hes a good player but i wouldn't want somone that old, i'd rather us get someone younger and someone who can serve us for at least 5 years (Which Keane might be able to do, but he'll start aging and lose pace and everything else that comes with older age.

Also hopefully we don't get Barry, especially for a rubbish 18 Million, i'd rather us get Lassana Diarra for about 10Mil, or because he's with Pompey possibly a straight swap with Crouch. There is also a possibility of some money + Crouch.

Offline Mr Kenny!

« Reply #27 on: 1 July 2008, 07:59:42 PM »
Chelsea have signed Deco and are reportedly in talks with Robinho

Also Portsmouth have signed Ben Sahar of Chelsea on a season long loan

And Liverpool are interested in signing Juninho of Lyon ( i wouldn't mind if we signed him he is getting old but is still a quality player)

Eduardo is to be back in training within the next two weeks ~ I'm glad hes making a good recovery i cant imagine he will get many minutes in Matches but i think it will be some light training for a few weeks or maybe a month or so

Ronaldinho is keen to link up with Big Phil scolari at Chelsea

Harry Redknapp wants to bring Shaun Wright Phillps Yossi Benayoun and Peter Crouch to Fratton Park
Made by me!!

Offline Dale

« Reply #28 on: 2 July 2008, 06:59:51 PM »
I no it's being a long running issue, but apparently Frank Lampard is set to seal a

Offline Mr Kenny!

« Reply #29 on: 2 July 2008, 09:16:33 PM »
Well its only a matter of Time until Barry signs for Liverpool in my opinion and Lampard will have to hit top top form to get into the England team ahead of Barry and Gerrard because they have been a great partnership for England in recent matches with Barry sitting back and Gerrard going on to support the Striker/Strikers and its worked effectively so moving to Inter i think could still be good for move for him as i feel he will get more chances in that team then at Chelsea with the Arrival of Deco and then there's Ballack Essien Obi Mikel and Makele there for more competition and i think he will do well under Mourinho because he played some of his best football under Mourinho at Chelsea
Made by me!!