Author Topic: TNA sucks / Random Discussion  (Read 18769 times)

Offline RyPrax

  • FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 9097
  • FINISH. HIM.
TNA sucks / Random Discussion
« on: 16 June 2008, 03:36:14 AM »
Sorry, it just does.

The main event's a cluster ****.

Their gimmick matches suck.

The only ways they draw is on stars of the past, stolen stars from WWE, or stolen gimmicks they give to other people.

Not to mention their best demo is horny old men. Which is funny cause they're women's champion is like the worst draw on the show.

People berate WWE when a champ (triple H) doen't draw ratings for an entire show, yet it's proven that Kong segments lose the most viewer. Duh.

I could go on all night about how much TNA sucks, but I'll save the rest for when Franchise signs up.


Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline EH4L

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 10
TNA sucks / Random Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 16 June 2008, 03:39:01 AM »
LMAO, I can't wait for Franchise to come back.

Chicago White Sox Fan
New Jersey Nets Fan
New England Patriots Fan
New Jersey Devils Fan
Manchester United Fan

Offline Mini Kong

  • Ari Gold is GOD!!
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1085
TNA sucks / Random Discussion
« Reply #2 on: 16 June 2008, 03:41:46 AM »
Quote from: EH4L;43
LMAO, I can't wait for Franchise to come back.


I forgot about him :p

But yeah I just about given up on TNA. As many times as I try to watch it I just can't for many reasons. Like prax said ...it is a cluster **** and a half.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.


Offline Cannon

  • Your mom's boyfriend.
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1232
TNA sucks / Random Discussion
« Reply #3 on: 16 June 2008, 06:02:28 AM »
You know what pisses me off about TNA... The turn people way too much! I watched one week and Roode and Booker T was feuding. Then I comeback the next week and ****ing Booker T is heel teaming with Roode! It was ridiculous and furthermore makes no sense!

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Adampro123

  • Veteran Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 6699
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
TNA sucks / Random Discussion
« Reply #4 on: 16 June 2008, 09:47:38 AM »
Well it actually does make sense if you watched the PPV and watch impact every week then you would see the transformation of booker t turning heel.  i don't think they should all of a sudden put him back with roode though from whatyou were talking about i mean they could keep those 2 both heel and hate each other at the same time.

Impact was the best wrestling show on no PPV TV i have seen in a very long time. i recommend it to anyone.

I don't think TNA sucks. i think TNA is quite good. but they make bad choices sometimes and never seem to stay good when they got it right.

Of course a lot of people are gonna bash TNA. its not there cup of tea. Wrestling from other country isn't my cup of tea. but TNA has been good ever since sacrifice. with a few minor bad things.IMO.



Offline Pala!

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 387
TNA sucks / Random Discussion
« Reply #5 on: 16 June 2008, 02:57:50 PM »
Quote from: Prax;40
Sorry, it just does.

The main event's a cluster ****.

Their gimmick matches suck.

The only ways they draw is on stars of the past, stolen stars from WWE, or stolen gimmicks they give to other people.

Not to mention their best demo is horny old men. Which is funny cause they're women's champion is like the worst draw on the show.

People berate WWE when a champ (triple H) doen't draw ratings for an entire show, yet it's proven that Kong segments lose the most viewer. Duh.

I could go on all night about how much TNA sucks, but I'll save the rest for when Franchise signs up.

I can't agree with you on that one. The Ultimate X match is the best since sliced bread. King of the Mountain is a good concept but was shit this year, good match when booked well though. Six Sides of Steel is great, but its basically a steel cage, but good. Terror Dome was fun. There is some crap ones, but the majorety are good.

Offline RyPrax

  • FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 9097
  • FINISH. HIM.
TNA sucks / Random Discussion
« Reply #6 on: 16 June 2008, 03:06:08 PM »
First, let me say, how I missed you, Adampro123 :) :D

Quote from: Adampro123;130
Well it actually does make sense if you watched the PPV and watch impact every week then you would see the transformation of booker t turning heel.  i don't think they should all of a sudden put him back with roode though from whatyou were talking about i mean they could keep those 2 both heel and hate each other at the same time.

Impact was the best wrestling show on no PPV TV i have seen in a very long time. i recommend it to anyone.

I don't think TNA sucks. i think TNA is quite good. but they make bad choices sometimes and never seem to stay good when they got it right.

Of course a lot of people are gonna bash TNA. its not there cup of tea. Wrestling from other country isn't my cup of tea. but TNA has been good ever since sacrifice. with a few minor bad things.IMO.


Ok, let me say that it's fine that they may take months to turn someone, plant the seeds, etc etc, but the problem is that most casual wrestling fans have a very short attention span, and don't necessarily tune in every week. That's why WWE does hotshot angles.

Take Jericho turning heel last week.  Sure there was a bit of a "transformation" and the turn was teased, but basically he needed one big impact moment to get it done and get himself over as a new heel. Now I missed the Booker T heel turn obviously but you make it sound like TNA didn't get'r'done like that.

And hey, I never said TNA had bad wrestling, they have some great talent and they've put on some great matches... the problem is there's more to wrestling than pure talent, as we've discussed so many times. A main attribute of that is ring psychology, and with most of the matches either randomly put together or a cluster****, like the main events usually are (they just stick 5 or 6 guys in the ring for a match in some capacity or have a one on one match and have like 11 people interfere for no reason...), TNA fails at ring psychology.

But like you said, that's not everyone's cup of tea. Some people like the brand of wrestling TNA puts out and good on them. But to me it sucks. Beyond some of the good talent they have... the best guys they have are underused, and some of them have stupid gimmicks like carrying bowls of curry on their heads or impersonating former superstars... and there's too many guys in the main event to ever make a meaningful feud work.

Angle vs. Joe gets overshadowed by the dozen other guys in the main event popping in and out every week.

I just don't think it's a viable product.

And Pala, as for their gimmick matches... if you like circus acts, I'll get you tickets to the Cirque du Soleil, how about that?


Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Pala!

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 387
TNA sucks / Random Discussion
« Reply #7 on: 16 June 2008, 03:11:08 PM »
Quote from: Prax;168
First, let me say, how I missed you, Adampro123 :) :D



Ok, let me say that it's fine that they may take months to turn someone, plant the seeds, etc etc, but the problem is that most casual wrestling fans have a very short attention span, and don't necessarily tune in every week. That's why WWE does hotshot angles.

Take Jericho turning heel last week.  Sure there was a bit of a "transformation" and the turn was teased, but basically he needed one big impact moment to get it done and get himself over as a new heel. Now I missed the Booker T heel turn obviously but you make it sound like TNA didn't get'r'done like that.

And hey, I never said TNA had bad wrestling, they have some great talent and they've put on some great matches... the problem is there's more to wrestling than pure talent, as we've discussed so many times. A main attribute of that is ring psychology, and with most of the matches either randomly put together or a cluster****, like the main events usually are (they just stick 5 or 6 guys in the ring for a match in some capacity or have a one on one match and have like 11 people interfere for no reason...), TNA fails at ring psychology.

But like you said, that's not everyone's cup of tea. Some people like the brand of wrestling TNA puts out and good on them. But to me it sucks. Beyond some of the good talent they have... the best guys they have are underused, and some of them have stupid gimmicks like carrying bowls of curry on their heads or impersonating former superstars... and there's too many guys in the main event to ever make a meaningful feud work.

Angle vs. Joe gets overshadowed by the dozen other guys in the main event popping in and out every week.

I just don't think it's a viable product.

And Pala, as for their gimmick matches... if you like circus acts, I'll get you tickets to the Cirque du Soleil, how about that?

Nah don't like the circus, clowns scare me. :)

Yeah, I do agree with you on there is some stupid matches they do. Like those reverse battle royale's, which are stupid and make no sense what-so-ever. But you can't take anything away from the Ultimate X, Six Sides of Steel, Barbed-Wire Massacre. etc.

Offline RyPrax

  • FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 9097
  • FINISH. HIM.
TNA sucks / Random Discussion
« Reply #8 on: 16 June 2008, 03:18:42 PM »
Quote from: Pala!;170
Nah don't like the circus, clowns scare me. :)

Yeah, I do agree with you on there is some stupid matches they do. Like those reverse battle royale's, which are stupid and make no sense what-so-ever. But you can't take anything away from the Ultimate X, Six Sides of Steel, Barbed-Wire Massacre. etc.


So I guess you don't like Curry Man, Jay Lethal, Shark boy or half the TNA roster? :p:D

Don't get me wrong, the matches can be entertaining, I've just always felt if you needed so many gimmick matches it's because you can't get your talent over. Look at WWE, they use the street fight pretty often (which isn't THAT much of a gimmick when you think about it), maybe a steel cage every month and a half... other than that they pace themselves with their gimmick matches and it makes them super effective.

They had a friggin steel cage match as a pay-per-view main event and it worked.

Some will argue that ONS and the two Elimination Chambers would go against what I'm saying but I don't think so. Those are once a year gimmicks.

And yes, TNA may pace themselves with some of their gimmicks too... but they just feel unnecessary sometimes, or as if they use them specifically to get their talent over.

Whereas WWE uses them to peak feuds.. which is the way it should be, know what I'm saying?


Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Pala!

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 387
TNA sucks / Random Discussion
« Reply #9 on: 16 June 2008, 03:22:49 PM »
Quote from: Prax;173
So I guess you don't like Curry Man, Jay Lethal, Shark boy or half the TNA roster? :p:D

Don't get me wrong, the matches can be entertaining, I've just always felt if you needed so many gimmick matches it's because you can't get your talent over. Look at WWE, they use the street fight pretty often (which isn't THAT much of a gimmick when you think about it), maybe a steel cage every month and a half... other than that they pace themselves with their gimmick matches and it makes them super effective.

They had a friggin steel cage match as a pay-per-view main event and it worked.

Some will argue that ONS and the two Elimination Chambers would go against what I'm saying but I don't think so. Those are once a year gimmicks.

And yes, TNA may pace themselves with some of their gimmicks too... but they just feel unnecessary sometimes, or as if they use them specifically to get their talent over.

Whereas WWE uses them to peak feuds.. which is the way it should be, know what I'm saying?
I agree with you there, everything you said. But I'm not talking about the way they use their gimmick matches, I'm just saying the matches are usually great. Although you right about the way they pace themselves. Quite frankly the booking sucks.

Offline RyPrax

  • FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 9097
  • FINISH. HIM.
TNA sucks / Random Discussion
« Reply #10 on: 16 June 2008, 03:24:38 PM »
And that's the point I'm trying to make. WWE could put on great Ultimate X and six-sided steel and barb-wired massacre matches too... but it doesn't mean that they either need them or that it would help them.

I'm glad that we agree though, lol.


Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

  • Veteran Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 6699
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
TNA sucks / Random Discussion
« Reply #11 on: 16 June 2008, 11:52:34 PM »
Quote from: Prax;168
First, let me say, how I missed you, Adampro123 :) :D



Ok, let me say that it's fine that they may take months to turn someone, plant the seeds, etc etc, but the problem is that most casual wrestling fans have a very short attention span, and don't necessarily tune in every week. That's why WWE does hotshot angles.

Take Jericho turning heel last week.  Sure there was a bit of a "transformation" and the turn was teased, but basically he needed one big impact moment to get it done and get himself over as a new heel. Now I missed the Booker T heel turn obviously but you make it sound like TNA didn't get'r'done like that.

And hey, I never said TNA had bad wrestling, they have some great talent and they've put on some great matches... the problem is there's more to wrestling than pure talent, as we've discussed so many times. A main attribute of that is ring psychology, and with most of the matches either randomly put together or a cluster****, like the main events usually are (they just stick 5 or 6 guys in the ring for a match in some capacity or have a one on one match and have like 11 people interfere for no reason...), TNA fails at ring psychology.

But like you said, that's not everyone's cup of tea. Some people like the brand of wrestling TNA puts out and good on them. But to me it sucks. Beyond some of the good talent they have... the best guys they have are underused, and some of them have stupid gimmicks like carrying bowls of curry on their heads or impersonating former superstars... and there's too many guys in the main event to ever make a meaningful feud work.

Angle vs. Joe gets overshadowed by the dozen other guys in the main event popping in and out every week.

I just don't think it's a viable product.

And Pala, as for their gimmick matches... if you like circus acts, I'll get you tickets to the Cirque du Soleil, how about that?

I agree about the ring phycology thing. thats one part that usually makes impact not so good. the thing is that they have so much talent that they wanna get on the show every week and insteadof putting good matches out they just put quick matches out with good wrestling in it and that doesn't usually satisfy.

I mean around sacrifice i was even about ready to give up on TNA. there was way to many gimmick matches.which i like gimmick matches but they gotta be spread out to be special and there has to be good reason for them. And also with how the tag division was getting used along with the x division. but since after sacrifice (which was the worst PPV of the year IMO)
TNA has been doing more of the right thing.


Oh and as for curry man you can't really blame that gimmick on TNA its been a japan gimmick for a long time they just adopted it to see how it would go and a lot of kids seem to like it. i personally would rather see the fallen angel back rather than curry man. either way daniels has been used wrong more than anyone in TNA since late 2006.



Offline RyPrax

  • FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 9097
  • FINISH. HIM.
TNA sucks / Random Discussion
« Reply #12 on: 17 June 2008, 12:34:28 AM »
See I think we agree on pretty much everything. TNA has a lot of viable talent and some good ideas but in the end I just don't see it coming together. That's what I like about WWE.

As much as Cena draws, as good of a heel Edge or Orton is, there's a sense of consistency and variability that the writers in TNA just don't see to be capable of grasping.

I think Joe is one of the greatest wrestlers in the world. Cage, Styles, etc, can all work. But when they have shit writers there's only so much one can like them. Same reason why Cena gets booed half the time.


Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline The Franchise

  • The One True Breed.
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 583
TNA sucks / Random Discussion
« Reply #13 on: 18 June 2008, 11:10:33 AM »
Quote from: EH4L;43
LMAO, I can't wait for Franchise to come back.

Nice of you to say.

That aside, I have no wish to endorse this thread topic with a response or even care about it's existence, which is not to make a point, but make an argument.

Offline squeaksjr

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 177
TNA sucks / Random Discussion
« Reply #14 on: 18 June 2008, 03:40:39 PM »
they have quite a good roster its just that they dont know what to do with it, kurt angle claims their gaining old superstars t train the younger guys so will it pay off or are they waisting time?
Frreebirds runnin wild and free, you never gonna put a set of chains on me
freebirds gonna take you all down, but you\'ll never find your way out of freebird town