Author Topic: Kurt Angle is still Senile  (Read 1501 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Kurt Angle is still Senile
« on: 25 July 2008, 02:05:38 AM »
Quote from: WZ
Kurt Angle recently did an interview with SCNow.com that you can view HERE. The following are a few of his comments regarding TNA compared to the WWE, the politics in each company, his interest in working MMA, and more:

What

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline James Trevel

« Reply #1 on: 25 July 2008, 08:02:27 AM »
Kurt will never admit with the drugs and crap, he will deny it rest of his life. WWE is much more clear on the testing then tna. so kurt can rant his own game but the truth is WWE will take out TNA someday down the road lol

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #2 on: 25 July 2008, 08:11:18 AM »
:lol2:

Bitterness much.

Like Prax I'm sick to death of hearing this but it's what Prax is saying I'm sick to death of lol. What do you want him to do? Avoid the question? Say "I've said this crap before"? And in all honesty I don't think he could have avoided NOT talking about the WWE by the questions he got. I mean FFS, I could ask Prax "Do you think WWE will always be #1"? and it's almost certain in my mind that you would bring up your opinion that TNA sucks.

Oh and twas nice of you to bring up his alcohol thing from pre-Bound For Glory, which I said at the time could only be false and appears to be so since he has not been convicted or even trialed. And we're coming up to 1 year since that "supposedly happened".

Offline Zuccini

« Reply #3 on: 25 July 2008, 11:01:03 AM »
Pretty disappointed in what Kurt had to say there. I always thought he was much more happy on WWE. Now i see that i know it isnt true. But he does have a point. I think the WWE should be recruiting better wrestlers from around the world and not just America. It would boost ratings as more people would follow there country sort of thing.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 25 July 2008, 05:47:38 PM »
Quote from: The Franchise;9662
:lol2:

Bitterness much.

Like Prax I'm sick to death of hearing this but it's what Prax is saying I'm sick to death of lol. What do you want him to do? Avoid the question? Say "I've said this crap before"? And in all honesty I don't think he could have avoided NOT talking about the WWE by the questions he got. I mean FFS, I could ask Prax "Do you think WWE will always be #1"? and it's almost certain in my mind that you would bring up your opinion that TNA sucks.

Oh and twas nice of you to bring up his alcohol thing from pre-Bound For Glory, which I said at the time could only be false and appears to be so since he has not been convicted or even trialed. And we're coming up to 1 year since that "supposedly happened".

In the US it could take years to complete an investigation, get to trial and get a conviction. Just because it's been a year and we haven't heard anything (and just because we haven't heard anything doesn't mean nothing's happened), doesn't mean it isn't true.

I'm just sick of looking at Kurt Angle interviews and seeing the exact same thing every time.

"TNA is better than WWE" (that's not what the ratings say bub,)

"TNA gives opportunitiesto everyone" (WWE doesn't? Go look at their rosters and tell me that they only push guys like Great Khali. Their World Champ on raw is basically a cruiserweight ffs!)

"TNA treats me better than WWE." (When you signed with WWE you knew about the travel schedule. You knew they traveled the world and what would be required of you if you wanted to be a champion and main eventer. Just because you work less days and travel less in TNA doesn't mean you're treated better, it mans TNA isn't big enough to travel and perform as much as WWE yet.)

Yes he can avoid the WWE questions. Do you think that he can't just tell the interviewer "no WWE questions"? It makes him look like an ass, it makes HIM look like the bitter one. Why can't he talk about the TNA product? Why does he ALWAYS have to say something negative about WWE?

But of course it's ok for him to do those things cause he's Kurt Angle... but I'm not allowed to criticize him for it...

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #5 on: 25 July 2008, 06:14:07 PM »
The only part you need read is, "Since I’ve been here, it’s probably progressed 200 percent." That's practically begging for "IMO" at one end or the other. If he went back to WWE, he'd flip-flop faster than Kerry.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #6 on: 25 July 2008, 07:52:21 PM »
I Pretty much agree with angle on what he says for the most part. and you can't really blame him for comparing TNA with WWE when that is the question they ask.

I don't think any of us can really say anything about the politics in TNA or WWE because i think there is politics in both.

As for TNA taking better care of him he probably just meant TNA had a easier schedule than WWE. but i think i remember WWE wanted kurt totake time off. but i guess kurt wanted to keep wrestling but just not at the schedule WWE does.

Offline Barz

« Reply #7 on: 26 July 2008, 02:56:56 AM »
Not a bad interview by Angle. Of course he's not gonna admit that WWE is right now dominating, he's a TNA employee. But I think the quality of PPV's that TNA puts on are better than the WWE's, but WWE has the better weekly shows.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #8 on: 26 July 2008, 05:46:54 AM »
Quote from: Adampro123;9710
I Pretty much agree with angle on what he says for the most part. and you can't really blame him for comparing TNA with WWE when that is the question they ask.

I don't think any of us can really say anything about the politics in TNA or WWE because i think there is politics in both.

As for TNA taking better care of him he probably just meant TNA had a easier schedule than WWE. but i think i remember WWE wanted kurt totake time off. but i guess kurt wanted to keep wrestling but just not at the schedule WWE does.

He could ask the interviewers not to ask him the WWE questions. Just because he's asked the questions doesn't mean he has to answer then or be so direct. He's the interviewee, the interviewer has to respect him. The fact of the matter is that he likes bashing WWE and it's not fair.

As for your second statement, you say that you agree with Angle but then you say that there's politics in WWE and TNA, even though angle says there are none in TNA?

And I'm sorry, but you can see the politics through the product on TV. You can see that when Triple H leaves one show, and the nexd week every champion is basically a rookie there's politics. You can see that when the SD main event is Triple H vs. Great Khali for SS, there's politics. And you can see when Kurt Angle wins every title in TNA simultaneously, there's politics. I'm sorry but it's apparent through the product.

And TNA taking better care of him and having a lighter schedule than WWE are NOT the same thing. Otherwise he'd just say so. like I said he knew of the schedule in WWE, he knew the amount of days they worked a year but he continued wrestling them. you yourself said they wanted him to take time off and he didn't, yet he still bashed WWE for not taking good care of him.

Admit it, he's bitter and just wants to bash WWE.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #9 on: 26 July 2008, 04:12:06 PM »
Quote from: Professor Prax;9841
He could ask the interviewers not to ask him the WWE questions. Just because he's asked the questions doesn't mean he has to answer then or be so direct. He's the interviewee, the interviewer has to respect him. The fact of the matter is that he likes bashing WWE and it's not fair.

As for your second statement, you say that you agree with Angle but then you say that there's politics in WWE and TNA, even though angle says there are none in TNA?

And I'm sorry, but you can see the politics through the product on TV. You can see that when Triple H leaves one show, and the nexd week every champion is basically a rookie there's politics. You can see that when the SD main event is Triple H vs. Great Khali for SS, there's politics. And you can see when Kurt Angle wins every title in TNA simultaneously, there's politics. I'm sorry but it's apparent through the product.

And TNA taking better care of him and having a lighter schedule than WWE are NOT the same thing. Otherwise he'd just say so. like I said he knew of the schedule in WWE, he knew the amount of days they worked a year but he continued wrestling them. you yourself said they wanted him to take time off and he didn't, yet he still bashed WWE for not taking good care of him.

Admit it, he's bitter and just wants to bash WWE.

Good lord prax you're so used to WWE watering stuff down you even want interviews watered down now.:P
Yeah of course he could say he didn't want to answer those question but i think angle is just trying to create some buzz for TNA. not saying that is the way i would go about doing it though.

And like i said i think there is politics in any wrestling company.Kurt angle just obviously benefits from them in TNA so he doesn't see them.lol.

As for the schedule thing stop getting so defensive. i never said anything negative about WWE or said that TNA took better care of him. i just said what i thought angle probably meant.

And when i said i mostly agreed i was talking more about the first 3 questions in the interview.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #10 on: 26 July 2008, 04:27:18 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;9900
Good lord prax you're so used to WWE watering stuff down you even want interviews watered down now.:P
Yeah of course he could say he didn't want to answer those question but i think angle is just trying to create some buzz for TNA. not saying that is the way i would go about doing it though.

And like i said i think there is politics in any wrestling company.Kurt angle just obviously benefits from them in TNA so he doesn't see them.lol.

As for the schedule thing stop getting so defensive. i never said anything negative about WWE or said that TNA took better care of him. i just said what i thought angle probably meant.

And when i said i mostly agreed i was talking more about the first 3 questions in the interview.

Ok so let me get this straight, if you agree with the first 3 questions (even though you said you agree with pretty much everything but whatever), then that means:

- TNA has BY FAR better talent than WWE? Angle's main argument to that is that most of their guys are under 6 feet tall... how is that a standard for deciding talent? As much as you may not like it, this point isn't true. TNA has a lot of talented pure wrestlers, but so does WWE, whether they're big, small, mid-sized, or whatever. And there's more to how good of a wrestler you are than just athleticism.

- TNA will eventually make 100 miillion dollars in profit a year? It's too early to give a definitive answer to that, and he's only saying that because it's his own company.

I'm sorry but this interview reeks of homerism.

And as for the schedule thing, it's pretty clear what he meant. He thought WWE overworked him, despite the fact that he was aware of the schedule that WWE had when he went there and kept re-signing there. Just because TNA doesn't run as many dates as WWE does doesn't mean they're taking better care of him...

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 26 July 2008, 04:57:48 PM »
His argument for having better wrestlers wasn't that they were under 6 ft tall. he was just saying it doesn't matter how big you are in TNA opposed to WWE who usually doesn't push smaller guys.

And yeah there is more to how good a wrestler is than athleticism and pure wrestling skill but for me personally that is the main thing.

As for the profit thing neither of us can really say anything because we can't tell the future. but what would you have said if you were angle? i mean he has to say TNA is going to get that big to help put TNA over.

As for the overworking taking better care of him topic im just dropping it because like i said i never said TNA took better care of him than WWE i was just saying what i thought he meant.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #12 on: 26 July 2008, 08:27:29 PM »
Kurt Angle winning the 3 titles at once was storyline purposes Prax. Nothing to do with politics. Why do you think Angle wanted to job CLEAN to Jay Lethal at No Surrender??? Seriously you do use good arguments but face facts pal, you don't watch TNA and you know nothing about what actually goes on. Angle winning was storyline reasons and for them to showcase Angle as this amazing and unbeatable superstar plus also having all the titles on the line in one match. I do believe the main event at WWE Backlash 01 had the exact same stipulations.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 27 July 2008, 06:49:08 AM »
Quote from: The Franchise;9939
Kurt Angle winning the 3 titles at once was storyline purposes Prax. Nothing to do with politics. Why do you think Angle wanted to job CLEAN to Jay Lethal at No Surrender??? Seriously you do use good arguments but face facts pal, you don't watch TNA and you know nothing about what actually goes on. Angle winning was storyline reasons and for them to showcase Angle as this amazing and unbeatable superstar plus also having all the titles on the line in one match. I do believe the main event at WWE Backlash 01 had the exact same stipulations.

Well i wouldn't really agree with that. jay won with a roll up. if he was wanting to put lethal over cleanly so bad he wouldn't have just lost with a roll up.or at least thats my opinion on that matter.

Offline Ollie

« Reply #14 on: 27 July 2008, 11:03:57 AM »
I agree with Prax. (Don't quote me you bitch!)

I mean come on, look at who has the WWE titles right now, HHH is the only heavyweight holding a title for God's sake.

I just think they want WWE to react in someway.