Linked Events

• WWE Battleground: 24 July 2016

Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* WWE Battleground 2016 Discussion  (Read 873 times)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
*OFFICIAL* WWE Battleground 2016 Discussion
« on: 21 July 2016, 02:52:52 PM »
WWE Battleground 2016

Sunday, 24th July 2015

WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - TRIPLE THREAT MATCH

Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins

John Cena, Enzo Amore & Big Cass vs. "The Club" AJ Styles, Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson

Sasha Banks & ??? vs. Charlotte & Dana Brooke

Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens

Becky Lynch vs. Natalya

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

The Miz (c) vs. Darren Young

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP

Rusev (c) vs. Zack Ryder

"The New Day" Big E, Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods vs. "The Wyatt Family" Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan & Braun Strowman

KICKOFF (PRE-SHOW)

"The Usos" Jimmy & Jey vs. "Breezango" Tyler Breeze & Fandango

WATCH THE BATTLEGROUND KICKOFF (PRE-SHOW)
« Last Edit: 26 July 2016, 04:02:49 PM by Awesome »
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Re: *OFFICIAL* WWE Battleground 2016 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 25 July 2016, 03:39:33 PM »
The revelation of Sasha Banks' partner against Charlotte, The Club's battle with John Cena, Enzo Amore and Big Cass, all three former members of The Shield facing each other in a Triple Threat match for the WWE Championship, and much more. Read on to find out what happened at this year's Battleground Pay-Per-View.

Happy to see Breezango get a victory over The Usos, which continues to help make them seem less like the joke that they came across as with the whole "sunburn" incident and aftermath involving "The Golden Truth" Goldust and R-Truth not too long ago.

Fantastic to see Bayley revealed as Sasha Banks' tag team partner as I had hoped, and the crowd were certainly just as excited to see her as I was. JBL's commentary during the match however suggest that it was a one-time appearance and that it wasn't her being called up from NXT.

As a result, it's not surprising that Sasha was the one to get the victory for her team rather than Bayley, and it makes sense for the feud between Sasha Banks and Charlotte to continue from here.

Bray Wyatt defeating Woods to get the victory for The Wyatt Family over The New Day is a result that I don't have a problem with.

Rusev retaining his title makes complete sense to me, no objections to that. Using the attack afterwards to introduce the mainstream WWE viewers to Ryder's recently-drafted tag team partner from NXT Mojo Rawley makes sense too.

Natalya getting the victory over Becky Lynch makes sense as it solidifies that she can win by doing things her own way. Whether this feud will continue between her and Becky Lynch will remain to be seen, as there are various options that could be taken from here.

To be honest, the end of the Intercontinental Championship match between The Miz and Darren Young just seemed confusing and poorly handled, which the confusion would have been cleared up at least slightly by the referee's decision being announced. I guessed it was Darren Young getting disqualified, which came across as being done too quickly and unnecessarily without any count-out attempts or anything, but it took checking the listed results on WWE.com to find out it was actually a double disqualification.

I was expecting a victory for The Club, but I guess it instead was decided that this should be a match which Cena's team wins to portray it as it confirming that Styles can't beat Cena when it's a fair fight.

While I can't say that a match between Brock Lesnar and Randy Orton particularly interests me, I am curious as to whether Orton's "enhancement" quip was actually scripted to blur the lines and increase anticipation, or whether Jericho's response was right and that it might indeed cost Orton.

Enjoyed seeing Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins to team up for a brief period to powerbomb Roman Reigns through an announcers' table, but Reigns was getting up from it way too quickly for my liking. Happy to see Dean Ambrose retain the WWE Championship though, with Roman Reigns being the one pinned too.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.