Linked Events

• WWE Extreme Rules: 22 May 2016

Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* WWE Extreme Rules 2016 Discussion  (Read 647 times)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
*OFFICIAL* WWE Extreme Rules 2016 Discussion
« on: 18 May 2016, 01:30:41 PM »
WWE Extreme Rules 2016

Sunday, 22nd May 2016

WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - EXTREME RULES MATCH

Roman Reigns (c) vs. AJ Styles

WWE WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - SUBMISSION MATCH (+ RIC FLAIR BANNED FROM RINGSIDE)

Charlotte (c) vs. Natalya

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP - FATAL 4-WAY MATCH

The Miz (c) vs. Kevin Owens vs. Cesaro vs. Sami Zayn

ASYLUM MATCH

Dean Ambrose vs. Chris Jericho

TORNADO TAG TEAM MATCH

"The Usos" Jimmy & Jey vs. Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows

WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

"The New Day" Big E & Xavier Woods (c) vs. "The Vaudevillains" Aiden English & Simon Gotch

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP

Kalisto (c) vs. Rusev

NO DISQUALIFICATION MATCH - KICKOFF (PRE-SHOW)

Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin

WATCH THE EXTREME RULES KICKOFF (PRE-SHOW)
« Last Edit: 23 May 2016, 12:01:08 PM by Awesome »
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Re: *OFFICIAL* WWE Extreme Rules 2016 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2016, 11:46:50 AM »
The 2016 WWE Extreme Rules Pay-Per-View starts with a video...

Great to see Rusev dominate Kalisto and become the new United States Champion. Should be interesting to see where things go, but hopefully Rusev's path doesn't involve John Cena (even if it would involve the US Open Challenge happening again), otherwise I would expect the reign to come to an end quickly.

Very happy to see Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows get the victory over The Usos.

With The New Day retaining the WWE Tag Team Championship, I can't help but wonder where it leaves The Vaudevillains now as it seems to have cut their momentum short already.

Loved the Fatal 4-Way match for the Intercontinental Championship, as the crowd said many times during that match, it really was awesome. I still don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn battling back and forth either.

I wasn't too sure exactly what to expect from the Asylum match, but I think there was a "Let's go Moppy" chant when Ambrose was using the mop on Jericho. I have to admit that I was certainly surprised (although I guess that was the point, as they were in a bag hidden in the bucket) by thumbtacks being used, as I thought that they would be avoided completely due to the likelihood of blood caused by them.

Admittedly blood could easily have been caused by getting busted open from bouncing off the cage or the barbed wire bat etc. too, so so I guess it was a calculated risk. Overall it was an okay match, with a believable finish, but I wouldn't say that it is a match type that should be repeated and that it probably would have turned out better just being a regular steel cage match.

As for the Submission match for the WWE Women's Championship between Charlotte and Natalya, I'm not sure why the referee was counting when they were outside the ring or in the corner, as Michael Cole pointed out himself that the ONLY way to win is by submission, there are no disqualifications or countouts in the match. For that matter, there surely shouldn't have been any rope-breaks, but they happened too, despite the weak excuse that the submission has to happen in the ring, as it was still in the ring at that point anyway.

As much as I had hoped for AJ Styles to get the victory (including putting it in my predictions), it honestly didn't surprise me that Roman Reigns managed to get the victory to retain his title - I could see it coming when Styles was setting up for the Phenomenal Forearm.

On the plus side, Seth Rollins returned and took out Roman Reigns with a Pedigree after the match, so hopefully that means that he will become the WWE World Heavyweight Champion again very soon.
« Last Edit: 23 May 2016, 08:58:24 PM by Awesome »
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.