Linked Events

• WWE WrestleMania 32: 3 April 2016

Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* WWE WrestleMania 32 Discussion  (Read 1012 times)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
*OFFICIAL* WWE WrestleMania 32 Discussion
« on: 23 February 2016, 01:08:49 PM »
WWE WrestleMania 32

Sunday, 3rd April 2016

WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Triple H (c) vs. Roman Reigns

IF SHANE WINS, HE GETS CONTROL OF RAW & UNDERTAKER STOPS COMPETING AT WRESTLEMANIA - HELL IN A CELL MATCH

The Undertaker vs. Shane McMahon

DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP - TRIPLE THREAT MATCH

Charlotte (c) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks

NO HOLDS BARRED STREET FIGHT

Dean Ambrose vs. Brock Lesnar

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 7-MAN LADDER MATCH

Kevin Owens (c) vs. Zack Ryder vs. Stardust vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Sami Zayn vs. Sin Cara vs. The Miz

AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP

Kalisto (c) vs. Ryback

"The New Day" Kofi Kingston, Big E & Xavier Woods vs. "League of Nations" King Barrett, Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio & Rusev

ANDRE THE GIANT MEMORIAL BATTLE ROYAL

Confirmed Participants:
  • Adam Rose
  • Big Show
  • Bo Dallas
  • Curtis Axel
  • Damien Sandow
  • Darren Young
  • Fandango
  • Goldust
  • Heath Slater
  • Jack Swagger
  • Kane
  • Konnor
  • Mark Henry
  • R-Truth
  • Tyler Breeze
  • Viktor

KICKOFF (PRE-SHOW)

"Total Divas" Brie Bella, Paige, Natalya, Alicia Fox & Eva Marie vs. "B.A.D. & Blonde" Lana, Summer Rae, Naomi, Emma & Tamina

"The Usos" Jimmy & Jey vs. "The Dudley Boyz" Bubba Ray & D-Von

WATCH THE WRESTLEMANIA KICKOFF (PRE-SHOW)
« Last Edit: 3 April 2016, 09:56:26 PM by Awesome »
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Re: *OFFICIAL* WWE WrestleMania 32 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 29 March 2016, 04:14:01 PM »
Updated.
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Re: *OFFICIAL* WWE WrestleMania 32 Discussion
« Reply #2 on: 4 April 2016, 05:12:31 AM »
The 32nd WrestleMania has now concluded. Read on to find out what happened...

Apparently the organisation of letting people in was terrible, with reports of a huge wait to get in due to wifi being down which meant that tickets couldn't be scanned, with the heat also being an issue but no water being provided as people continued to wait.

Zack Ryder winning the Intercontinental Championship was certainly an outcome that I didn't expect, but fair play to him for getting some recognition.

I was thinking that Dean Ambrose would get the victory over Brock Lesnar, but even with Lesnar getting the win, it just seemed to be an earlier finish than I (and I think other fans too) expected. Sure, an F-5 onto a pile of steel chairs makes sense that he wouldn't kick out from the resulting pin, but it still seemed too soon somehow.

I was very happy to see the announcement and unveiling of the WWE Women's Championship to replace the Divas Championship, with it also appearing that the "Divas" name itself is also being retired and the women are being referred to as Superstars just like the men, a change many have increasingly called for in the past few years.

The Rock's appearance - despite the attendance record announcement - didn't really add anything worthwhile in my opinion, especially with him making an impromptu match and beating Erick Rowan in six seconds. John Cena making the save and them taking out The Wyatt Family together was also something that could have been removed. The dancing cheerleaders before The Rock came out also seemed pointless.

I'll give Shane credit for taking all that punishment and having the balls to do the dive off the top of the cell, but The Undertaker winning was the outcome that made sense in a match between the two of them.

Good to see DDP and Tatanka in the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal, and Shaquille O'Neal as a celebrity addition was unexpected too, but something I have no particular opinion on.

I thought the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal had probably been pushed to Monday Night Raw instead due to the amount of time that it was looking would be left, so it was obviously a surprise to see that it remained in place, although much later on the card than I had expected it to be situated.

The crowd certainly didn't enjoy most the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match, with chants for Nakamura, Sami Zayn, NXT, singing "Hey, Hey Bayley, I wanna know if you'll be my girl" (to the tune of "Hey Baby") at one point, and more. When the crowd was into the match, it was on the side of Triple H, with cheers when he hit Reigns with a low blow. Reigns hitting Stephanie McMahon with a spear probably didn't help garner any support for him either.

The crowd, just like many watching from elsewhere I'm sure (including myself), were especially unhappy with Roman Reigns getting the victory as many expected, and it didn't even start until after WrestleMania was expected to end, resulting in a 45 minute overrun by the time the match ended.

I have no idea what Triple H's entrance was supposed to be, but it was certainly an interesting one as well as a surprise to see Stephanie McMahon in that mask and revealed introducing him, as I thought it would have been Triple H behind the mask.
« Last Edit: 4 April 2016, 06:53:57 AM by Awesome »