Linked Events

• WWE Night Of Champions: 20 September 2015

Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* WWE Night Of Champions 2015 Discussion  (Read 1565 times)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
*OFFICIAL* WWE Night Of Champions 2015 Discussion
« on: 15 September 2015, 09:34:36 PM »
WWE Night Of Champions 2015

Sunday, 20th September 2015

WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Seth Rollins (c) vs. Sting

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP

Seth Rollins (c) vs. John Cena

DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP (TITLE CAN CHANGE HANDS ON DQ/COUNT OUT)

Nikki Bella (c) vs. Charlotte

WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

"The New Day" Kofi Kingston & Big E (c) vs. "The Dudley Boyz" Bubba Ray & D-Von

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Ryback (c) vs. Kevin Owens

Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns & ??? vs. "The Wyatt Family" Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper & Braun Strowman

Dolph Ziggler vs. Rusev

NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS KICKOFF (PRE-SHOW)

Neville & "Lucha Dragons" Kallisto & Sin Cara vs. "Cosmic Wasteland" Stardust, Konnor & Viktor

WATCH THE NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS KICKOFF (PRE-SHOW)
« Last Edit: 21 September 2015, 12:03:37 AM by Awesome »
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Re: *OFFICIAL* WWE Night Of Champions 2015 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 21 September 2015, 09:16:32 AM »
The 2015 WWE Night Of Champions Pay-Per-View starts with a video hyping the matches to come later on, followed by Ryback taking on Kevin Owens...

A win for Stardust and The Ascension makes sense, even if I'm not sure they really work well together. I guess I can live with them basically being his lackeys though as they aren't really doing anything else at the moment.

Great to see Kevin Owens become the Intercontinental Champion, hopefully it should rekindle my interest in it as I had either no or very little interest in it when it involved Ryback, The Big Show and The Miz.

Nothing interesting in the match between Dolph Ziggler and Rusev. I thought that they might have Summer Rae break up a forthcoming Rusev victory out of supposed confused feelings for Ziggler, but instead it was the referee ducking a thrown shoe and it hitting Rusev instead.  :dohw:

Always good to see someone go through a table, so it making up for Xavier Woods causing a disqualification makes sense. It makes me wonder whether we'll see a return for Spike Dudley, even if it's just a one night only thing, to be able to hold of Xavier Woods in a rematch.

A number of people seemed to comment that Xavier Woods looked like he was imitating Rufio from Hook with his hairstyle.

Brock Lesnar's "Go To Hell Tour" hype video package was certainly interesting, especially as Paul Heyman in any capacity (in this he is doing the voiceover) is always an awesome thing, though some people could have easily missed the part where it was announced that Lesnar will face The Undertaker in a Hell In A Cell match at the next PPV.

Good to see Charlotte as the new Divas Champion, but I would still have preferred for it to happen before Nikki passed AJ Lee's record. I'm hoping that Charlotte having the title will mean that the Divas Championship gets retired though and the Women's Championship is brought back to replace it instead.

On the one hand it could be considered genius timing when the mystery partner was about to be announced, but on the other it is getting ridiculous how yet another fan has been able to get through, only the latest in recent times instead of being taken out by security before they could even get that far.

Chris Jericho being the mystery partner was a nice surprise, but it didn't raise my interest level in the Braun Strowman character by Jericho losing to him. Jericho pushing past Ambrose afterwards could be interesting, but it could be that this was just a one night only thing and that we won't see him again for a while.

No surprise on Cena retaining his title, and Rollins attempting to run away to avoid the match against Sting afterwards only for Cena to block him made a lot of sense. Not so sure about him hitting Rollins with another AA on the outside and rolling him into the ring though, as that seemed to make it look worse on Sting as it meant that as beaten up as Rollins was, he was still able to beat Sting.

Rollins winning with a small package mitigates part of that, but still means that this is now the second PPV loss to Sting in the WWE even if though I am glad that Rollins retained.

Sheamus cashing in was obviously built up to so then expected, but Kane returning to scupper it I'm a little less sure on what to think about it. I think that it should have ended with Sheamus watching as he did at first but instead with Kane agreeing to the second chokeslam (and the following Tombstone Piledriver) instead of chokeslamming Sheamus instead, and then leaving so that Sheamus could cash it in and become the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

At the same time though, I'd still have preferred for Rollins to retain then too, it's just that the Sheamus ending I described looks like the one that makes the most sense as an ending to me.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.