Author Topic: El Generico Signs With WWE  (Read 1683 times)

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
El Generico Signs With WWE
« on: 9 January 2013, 08:07:08 PM »
We’re breaking news here. We have been told by several sources that El Generico has been signed to the WWE. We talk about it here. But we do also cover a lot including some exclusive insight into the EVOLVE Title Tournament and we talk about a ton of other news including DGUSA, D1W, SHINE, PWG, PWX, CZW and more. Check it out and tell your friends.

WWE has signed El Generico to a deal, PWInsider.com confirmed this morning. As we noted several months back, the company has had interest in him and it's been Generico's goal since not signing with Ring of Honor to get into the company.
One of the reasons WWE was so interested in Generico was that he speaks a number of different languages. The feeling was that would in handy as an asset for international markets.

Generico was removed from this weekend's Pro Wrestling Guerrilla event in California and it appears may already be done on the independent scene. He returned to Ring of Honor at Final Battle 2012 in what may prove to be his last-ever match with longtime partner/rival Kevin Steen.

Generico's signing is said to be part of a bigger WWE plan as the company has a number of names on their radar that they want to lock in for deals. I am told it's a Triple H move and that there will be a lot more signings to come, as long as those the company are interested in can pass the necessary medical exams.
pwinsider

This is awesome news  :)

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
Re: El Generico Signs With WWE
« Reply #1 on: 9 January 2013, 10:01:12 PM »
Please WWE use Generico the right way please, he's worked too damn hard in his career do be treated like crap in WWE!

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 9 January 2013, 10:05:08 PM »
I'm not even an indie fan and I know both El Generico and the fact that he has one of the best gimmicks of the modern era. WWE better let him use it.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 10 January 2013, 12:38:47 AM »
I don't see how they could not let him use his gimmick. unfortunately i see him ending up in the Zack Ryder/Santino/Brodus Clay/R-Truth & Little Jimmy/ Kahli & Hornswoggle type group instead of having amazing matches which he always has.

Big Genericho fan though and i am very happy for him.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #4 on: 10 January 2013, 04:15:42 AM »
He should debut as Del Rio's adopted cousin. Legit though im so happy for him. He really busts his ass and deserves all the success that comes to him. The indys are looking so talentless right now. I feel like Steen is the only one with any star power left.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #5 on: 10 January 2013, 04:39:42 AM »
He should debut as Je-ne-richo and feud against Chris Jericho. I don't know where to go with that.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #6 on: 10 January 2013, 07:18:46 AM »
He should debut as Del Rio's adopted cousin. Legit though im so happy for him. He really busts his ass and deserves all the success that comes to him. The indys are looking so talentless right now. I feel like Steen is the only one with any star power left.

Sounds more like a "back in my day" type thing. The indies are lacking a bit but i wouldn't discredit guys like Davey Richards, Michael Elgen, Briscoes, Adam Cole, Kyle O'Riley, Roderick Strong, Young Bucks, Mike Bennet, Tomasso Ciampa, Eddie Edwards, Willie Mack etc.

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #7 on: 10 January 2013, 04:56:21 PM »
Reason why WWE signed recent top indy star, two more top indy stars may follow
As noted before, WWE has signed El Generico to a developmental deal. One of the main reasons they wanted him is because he speaks a number of different languages. The feeling is that will come in handy as an asset for international markets. Generico has canceled some indy events and will likely be headed to developmental soon. There’s a feeling among some within WWE that he will no longer wrestler under a mask but that’s not confirmed.

Generico’s signing is said to be part of a bigger plan as WWE has a number of indy stars on their radar that they want to lock into deals. Word is that this is a Triple H move and more signings are coming.

Two of those potential signings are Adam Cole and Sami Callihan. Both of them have tryouts with WWE scheduled between now and the end of January.

The success of guys like Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins in mainly CM Punk and Daniel Bryan has caused a different feeling within WWE when it comes to talent coming up through the indies, and also talent that doesn’t have the look, size and physique that used to be the first thing WWE looked for.
wrestlenewz.com

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
« Reply #8 on: 10 January 2013, 11:05:54 PM »
I say keep him under the mask's he sells his own masks like hotcakes.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #9 on: 14 February 2013, 04:15:13 PM »
Former independent wrestler El Generico - known for his work with Ring of Honor, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, and Chikara - made his highly anticipated debut this Wednesday, with WWE's Florida-based developmental promotion, NXT.

Surprisingly, he was introduced as "El Generico", and accompanied WWE Superstar Brodus Clay to the ring for a singles match against Conner O'Brian, wearing his usual attire. Typically WWE repackages their stars before allowing them to appear in NXT (formerly FCW) - Brian Danielson as Daniel Bryan, Tyler Black as Seth Rollins, etc. The last big name wrestler to come out of the independents, and keep his gimmick, was former WWE Champion, CM Punk.

YES!

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
« Reply #10 on: 14 February 2013, 08:53:15 PM »
Great news is great.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 14 February 2013, 10:14:24 PM »

OLE!