Author Topic: Shelton Benjamin and MVP possibly returning to WWE  (Read 338 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Shelton Benjamin and MVP possibly returning to WWE
« on: 12 December 2012, 05:27:38 PM »
It was reported Saturday that some familiar faces could be returning to WWE in the coming months as there has been a push from several top talents for the organization to bring back some “solid hand” wrestlers that were previously released. Two specific names in mind are MVP and Shelton Benjamin as organization officials have discussed bringing the former Superstars back to the fold.

Since being released from WWE in April 2010 in a cost-cutting measure, Benjamin has kept busy in Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro Wrestling. MVP also competes in New Japan, where he teams with Benjamin under the tag team name “Black Dynamite.”

Good news if it's true!

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: Shelton Benjamin and MVP possibly returning to WWE
« Reply #1 on: 12 December 2012, 07:10:19 PM »
- MVP commented on a possible WWE return on Twitter, writing, "I have NOT been contacted by WWE. I still work for New Japan Pro Wrestling. I don't know anything about these rumours. Sorry."

Albert lied about it too so i don't know if MVP is telling the truth or not.

I like both wrestlers though and would like to see them back but i think they would just end up on superstars every week unfortunately. they already have the 2 black guys in the mid card in Kofi & Truth.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #2 on: 13 December 2012, 12:04:14 PM »
I would like to see these guys return. I wasn't the biggest fan of MVP as a face but as a heel he was good. As for Benjamin he is perhaps the best in ring worker living today. Even better than Bryan. He was midcard through lack of charisma but his matches were always gold star certified main event.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #3 on: 14 December 2012, 08:47:05 PM »
- MVP commented on a possible WWE return on Twitter, writing, "I have NOT been contacted by WWE. I still work for New Japan Pro Wrestling. I don't know anything about these rumours. Sorry."

I like both wrestlers though and would like to see them back but i think they would just end up on superstars every week unfortunately. they already have the 2 black guys in the mid card in Kofi & Truth.

Sadly that is the ignorant way many see it. Its actually sickeningly racist. They can bring in three new white guys in 'The Shield' but when you bring in a couple of black guys everyone is like 'We have Kofi already' as if each black wrestler is the same person and you only need a few novelty ones. Annoys me  :mad:

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #4 on: 15 December 2012, 09:32:57 AM »

Sadly that is the ignorant way many see it. Its actually sickeningly racist. They can bring in three new white guys in 'The Shield' but when you bring in a couple of black guys everyone is like 'We have Kofi already' as if each black wrestler is the same person and you only need a few novelty ones. Annoys me  :mad:

Yeah the racism in WWE is pretty annoying. I'm pretty sure PTP got put together because of their skin color too. its pretty crazy we still haven't had a full on black wrestler become WWE Champion. the closes we have had has been Truth and Henry.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #5 on: 15 December 2012, 10:39:08 AM »
I think the Asians get hit far worse then blacks, but its dumb in general that WWE still discriminates against any race in that way.

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #6 on: 18 December 2012, 07:18:20 PM »
4Wonline.com reports that Shelton Benjamin gave his notice to Ring of Honor because WWE is interested in him. Apparently WWE and Benjamin will be negotiating now. Word is that Benjamin isn’t necessarily leaving ROH but he was released from his contract and there is a good chance he will be leaving for good for WWE.

I'm all for Shelton being back  :)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 18 December 2012, 11:06:24 PM »
That's very good news. WGTT just didn't fit too well in ROH and i have always loved Shelton in WWE.

Also going back to WWE's racism I'm gonna predict Big E Langston to be the first ever black WWE champion.