Author Topic: SmackDown July 4th Rating In. "Shocking"  (Read 353 times)

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
SmackDown July 4th Rating In. "Shocking"
« on: 9 July 2008, 07:03:43 PM »
The Wrestling Observer/Figure Four Online is reporting that the July 4th edition of WWE Friday Night Smackdown drew a final 1.6 broadcast rating. This was considered a decent number for falling on a holiday.

:lol2:

"Triple H = Ratings." :lol2:

"The number is considered decent"? Holiday or not, that's a shockingly horrible rating for a program like SmackDown. In fact isn't that one of, if not the lowest ever ratings for a SmackDown televised event?

Also on the subject. WWE had expected there to be a 20% drop from the usual (which would have taken them to a 1.9 ish) on this rating however in fact the percentage numbers drop was more closer to 30-35%. Again, not good.

Also, also on the subject lol. Here is the breakdown for the numbers of the weekly wrestling broadcasts, the week of Monday 30th-Friday 4th, to show just how bad of a rating it was.

TNA iMPACT - 1.0
ECW on Sci-Fi - 1.4
SmackDown - 1.6
RAW - 3.5

Offline firewall316

« Reply #1 on: 9 July 2008, 07:18:58 PM »
What it means I guess, is for a holiday when most people have something better to do then watch tv, its a good rating. I didn't watch it Friday, thats what tivo is for.

Offline geek 3.14

• #1 Kane fan
« Reply #2 on: 9 July 2008, 07:21:28 PM »
I didn't watch Friday either. One of my friends found that nights SD earlier that day lol.  I watched it before most people. :D

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #3 on: 9 July 2008, 07:22:07 PM »
Quote from: firewall316;5628
What it means I guess, is for a holiday when most people have something better to do then watch tv, its a good rating. I didn't watch it Friday, thats what tivo is for.

Yeah and on the 4 of July you really aren't going catch no one in the house watching T.V.  between 8pm and 10pm.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 9 July 2008, 07:32:51 PM »
Quote from: Skittles;5631
Yeah and on the 4 of July you really aren't going catch no one in the house watching T.V.  between 8pm and 10pm.

Espacially on a friday night. SD usually gets a 2.4-2.6. It barely dropped one full point. It really isn't that bad.

I'd love to see how Impact would do on a friday night, yet alone a friday night that's also a holiday where EVERYONE is out watching fireworks or at barbecues or whatever.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 10 July 2008, 01:56:24 AM »
I watched smackdown and even with a holiday thats still pretty bad in my eyes. i don't know. maybe i just have to high of a standard when it comes to WWE.