Author Topic: Daniel Bryan  (Read 529 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Daniel Bryan
« on: 1 August 2012, 05:41:44 PM »
I was just thinking about this today, and realized that Daniel Bryan's 20 second loss to Sheamus at Wrestlemania may have been the best thing that could happen to his career. Think about it. WWE cared so little about him that they screwed him two Manias in a row. He manages to take that screwjob and turn into ridiculous face heat, then take those pops and turn them into heel heat. Since then, he's become a staple of WWE programming and whether you liked those doctor segments on RAW or not, it put Daniel Bryan in a lot of the show. Not to mention AJ wouldn't be GM if it wasn't for him.

Go back a year, before DBry won Money in the Bank, and ask yourself whether you would have seen this kind of a push coming a year ago.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: Daniel Bryan
« Reply #1 on: 1 August 2012, 06:06:20 PM »
Yeah he's grown a lot sense then and is one of the most over guys in the company at this point. Last year at this time he just won MITB and wasn't even getting to be on TV every week and jobbed to Barret at SummerSlam and people were thinking he would lose the MITB case to Barret.

I don't really think it started with the Wrestlemania loss though, i think it started when he became a heel and was being a dick boyfriend to AJ. But Wrestlemania just added a shit ton of fuel to the fire.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 1 August 2012, 07:13:52 PM »
I really think it was because of mania. You remember the crowd in Miami the next night. They single-handedly turned him face by just chanting for him all night. he's so good that he managed to turn them back within like a week, with nothing but a single word. I think that's what made WWE realize that he really is as good as his indy career reflects.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #3 on: 1 August 2012, 09:47:38 PM »
I seem to remember through mania people were booing or chanting daniel bryan's name, but for people to take that reaction, they had to have invested some interest in him before. I personally think that before mania he was more interesting then now, they are milking him at the moment, but he's doing a good job with it.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #4 on: 2 August 2012, 12:28:25 AM »
The two weeks after Mania where people were going apeshit with the Yes chant made him a star.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #5 on: 2 August 2012, 01:19:54 AM »
The two weeks after Mania where people were going apeshit with the Yes chant made him a star.

Leo knows what I'm talking about.

I'm not saying he went from zero to superstar,. clearly not, he was world champ before that. But it brought him to the next level, to a place where WWE couldn't ignore him anymore.

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
« Reply #6 on: 2 August 2012, 02:18:00 AM »
I mean how quickly did they have a new YES! shirt out?

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #7 on: 2 August 2012, 03:04:33 AM »
IT WAS ALL A CONSPIRACY!!!!

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #8 on: 2 August 2012, 04:48:51 PM »
IT WAS ALL A CONSPIRACY!!!!

IT'S A CON-SPIRACY

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
« Reply #9 on: 2 August 2012, 10:42:54 PM »
Best angle.