Linked Events

• WWE SummerSlam: 19 August 2012

Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* WWE SummerSlam 2012 Discussion  (Read 2651 times)

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
Re: SummerSlam
« Reply #15 on: 15 August 2012, 10:02:31 PM »
I would do that exact thing with dominant Lesnar but then have Ryback beat him. It would be more of a risk since he is a less established star than Orton but for that reason more of a payoff if it worked.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #16 on: 15 August 2012, 11:02:07 PM »
I REALLY HOPE TRIPLE H BEATS BROCK LESNAR SO I CAN SEE HIS TOUT ABOUT IT, WOOOOOOPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #17 on: 16 August 2012, 12:02:46 AM »
1) CM Punk's recent heel turn has been handled very well thus far

2) Brock Lesnar has to win his match against Triple H in order to be taken seriously in future matches

3) Out of all the matches on the card, Ziggler vs. Jericho is what you're looking forward to the most

4) Alberto Del Rio's build in his World Championship feud with Sheamus has been entertaining and made Del Rio look strong throughout.

5) Summerslam 2012, being the only "Big Four" WWE PPV that has not featured The Rock recently, suffers because of it.

6) The Miz has to beat Rey Mysterio to validate his return and run as Intercontinental Champion

7) It would be a bad decision to put the US title on Antonio Cesaro.

8) If the Primetime Players don't win the Tag Titles at Summerslam, it will have been due to A.W. and his release from WWE.

1) CM Punk's recent heel turn has been handled very well thus far
 Sell-Up to this week on Raw, I think WWE has been handling Punk ''heel turn'' horribly, he seems bland, but letting Punk getting on the microphone more and more, will change my answer in future feuds.

2) Brock Lesnar has to win his match against Triple H in order to be taken seriously in future matches
 Buy-Hell yeah he does, I would take him seriously, especially if he's rumored to wrestle the Rock, Punk or Taker in the coming months or at this years Wrestlemania.

3) Out of all the matches on the card, Ziggler vs. Jericho is what you're looking forward to the most
 Sell-Nah, it has to be the WWE Championnship match, the landscape of WWE from here on out, leading into WM, will be carved.If Punk wins, then we will have Punk vs the Rock, if not..let's Cena wins, they might have Rock vs Cena WM 29.It's going to be a crazy time.

4) Alberto Del Rio's build in his World Championship feud with Sheamus has been entertaining and made Del Rio look strong throughout.
 Sell-Yes and no, I think both Del Rio and Sheamus looked strong and goofy at times, especially Sheamus taking Del Rio's Car, and not being arrested? Not really believable?

5) Summerslam 2012, being the only "Big Four" WWE PPV that has not featured The Rock recently, suffers because of it.
 Sell-I bet it suffers a little, Rock is a top tier Wrestler in the eyes of Wrestling fans throughtout the world, but he won't matter especially if the PPV is great throughtout the PPV.

6) The Miz has to beat Rey Mysterio to validate his return and run as Intercontinental Champion
 Buy-Damn straight, lately with the Title he's lost matches.He needs a win badly this Sunday, straight up win, or cheating he needs it!

7) It would be a bad decision to put the US title on Antonio Cesaro.
 Sell-I'm tired of Santino as champ, maybe we get some better matches outta that Championship this Sunday.

8) If the Primetime Players don't win the Tag Titles at Summerslam, it will have been due to A.W. and his release from WWE.
 Sell-I think WWE thinks the Prime-Time Players don't need him, and I hope their win the gold..if they don't it will be because WWE thinks they are not ready yet.Remember AW said those edgy comments, not the Prime-Time players.[/b]
« Last Edit: 16 August 2012, 06:36:45 PM by HoHo »

Offline Adampro123

• Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #18 on: 16 August 2012, 04:00:28 AM »
I have no idea what you're talking about Hoho.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #19 on: 16 August 2012, 10:24:52 AM »
I think he got some list off a site, pasted it in twice, one was the original list, the other his views. Where he's put sell, he doesn't like, where he's put buy HE'S DIGGING THAT SHIT SUCKAAAAAA!

Offline Adampro123

• Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #20 on: 16 August 2012, 11:20:56 AM »
Chapper T!

Someone should teach Hoho about using the quotations

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #21 on: 16 August 2012, 03:15:37 PM »
Chapper T!

Someone should teach Hoho about using the quotations

Also, syntax.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #22 on: 16 August 2012, 06:37:40 PM »
Yeah fixed, saw the questions on another forum I am apart of, felt like you guys wanna talk some more Wrestling involving Summerslam, get to it folks.

Offline J.D

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #23 on: 18 August 2012, 07:49:24 AM »
With the WHC I doubt it will be Mark Henry. I reckon Orton will make it a triple threat with Del Rio or Barrett will return and fight Sheamus.

Offline Adampro123

Re: *OFFICIAL* WWE SummerSlam 2012 Discussion
« Reply #24 on: 18 August 2012, 06:12:10 PM »
- WWE is plugging a Tout video from Brodus Clay where they say he is training for a SummerSlam match. The video shows Clay working out in Los Angeles and at the end, he just yells Sandow. We noted before that Clay vs. Damien Sandow was penciled in for SummerSlam but still hasn't been officially announced.

Not gonna add this to the PPV prediction thread beings almost all of us have already made our picks and because WWE hasn't confirmed this yet. But still i do hope this happens.

Also thanks to whoever fixed the first page, mine was all sloppy. lol.
« Last Edit: 18 August 2012, 06:14:03 PM by Adampro123 »

Offline chappers

« Reply #25 on: 20 August 2012, 12:32:18 AM »
Pre-Show video for those that want to watch it:

Offline Adampro123

« Reply #26 on: 20 August 2012, 12:34:30 AM »
Thanks Chappers. it wasn't working for me on the actual youtube site.

Offline Adampro123

« Reply #27 on: 20 August 2012, 05:16:05 AM »
SummerSlam was a solid show. a lot of good on it but nothing great.

Cesaro vs Santino was fun. Santino trying so hard to get to the cobra and then Cesaro Ripping it up. Thought Santino was gonna win it when he pulled out his back up cobra out of his ass but was glad to see him finally lose the US title. Hopefully now we will get some legit feuds going for it. I'm thinking Christian vs Cesaro would be a great start.

Jericho vs Ziggler was a good match but not as good as i expected. it was just a solid good match. not great and won't be remembered as anything special. i don't mind Jericho winning here since Ziggler has dominated the feud but the match it's self could have been a lot better and should have been given more time.

Daniel Bryan vs Kane was pretty good. probably about as good of a match as you'll get out of Kane at this point. Bryan getting a much needed win is good too.

Miz vs Rey was really good actually. better than i expected. Wasn't sure who was gonna win this. very back and forth and a good showing by both guys.

Sheamus vs Del Rio was better than i thought it would be too. especially since these 2 guys have pretty much been feuding since mania. Of course to go with the theme of all Sheamus matches the ending was weak. this time it wad on purpose though and it looks like the Sheamus vs Del Rio will continue  :dohw:

Kofi & Truth vs PTP was fun.  PTP still hasn't looked impressive to me but hopefully now Kofi & Truth can move on to a different team. Hawkins & Reks maybe? *Crosses fingers*

Cena vs Punk vs Show was a let down to be honest. i knew adding Show to the match would weaken it but i didn't think it would hurt it as bad as it did. it wasn't a bad match but it just never really got exciting and the end was very predictable.

That guy singing that same "Born to be a star" Chorus was bad. He looked like Stevie off of Eastbound & Down but older and fatter and with a hat. and the song just repeats the same shit over and over and seemed like it would never end. I never thought I'd miss C-lo Green looking like Viscera until this

Triple H vs Lesnar was pretty good but I gotta be honest though i was bored throughout a lot of the match. i did really like the ending though. I especially liked how the fans were chanting "You tapped out" at Triple H after the match... but right after they got done chanting that they chanted "Triple H" so that didn't make much sense

Overall the show was solid. Not a bad match on the show but also there was no great matches on it either. I guess Lesnar vs Triple H or Miz vs Rey were probably the best.

Interested to see what they do with Brock Lesnar from this point on.

Offline J.D

« Reply #28 on: 20 August 2012, 06:48:43 PM »
The show was good but it didn't stir things up as much as I'd hoped.

I think Santino dropping the title to Cesaro was a good move (although Santino should have lost that title ages ago.) Hopefully the US title will pick up like the IC has in recent months.

Ziggler/Jericho was a good match to open up the PPV and I'm glad Jericho got the win as he needed a PPV win. Jericho's hurricanarana from the top rope was the highlight.

Bryan/Kane was good too and yet again I was happy with the result. I'm hoping they use Bryan for something a little more ambitious now.

Miz/Mysterio was the pleasant surprise, Miz has definitely improved his in-ring skills during his time off as I actually thought he carried the match. Am pleased to see him retain and he has freshened up his stale character and is now one I look forward to seeing more of.

The WHC match was okay, Del Rio looked excellent early on with his kicks but the ending pissed me off. I think Sheamus has outstayed his welcome as champion. I know they are trying to establish current stars but I would like to see someone else as champion for a while since he seems invincible.

Tag match was okay just for a light match. Kofi/Truth retained and I don't mind that. I predicted PTP to win but then again they have been beaten by Epico/Primo recently so I wasn't too surprised with the result.

Cena/Punk/Show was the match I had no drive for and it was boring. Two guys who are constantly shoved down our throats and one guy I have never been particularly interested in. I think they were right to keep the title on Punk, just waiting for someone that isn't Cena or Show to take the title off him. If it were up to me Daniel Bryan would be the WWE champion right now although they need to tame down the YES/NO stuff. Cena and Punk are both top stars but they need to take a backseat at some point like Orton has been doing.

The main event was a good match. It wasn't anywhere near as good as Triple H's match with Taker at WM or even as good as Cena vs Lesnar but it was still good. Lesnar needed to go over and that happened so kudos to Triple H for making a good business decision. I guess Lesnar was pissed off at his loss to super Cena last time. "You tapped" chants to Triple H were amusing. Pretty sure Triple H will get some revenge at some point as a loss at WM and Summerslam can't be good for his ego but in this case Lesnar needed the win if they want to keep him around the WWE for the time being.

Good show but only one title change was a bummer. Happy Miz retained and Kofi/Truth but I would have rather seen Del Rio win (and not just because he was my first draft pick.)

Offline chappers

« Reply #29 on: 20 August 2012, 09:40:22 PM »
This was a good PPV, but like MitB, I just didn't find myself really caring about the matches, everything is predictable and they rarely execute a surprise finish or a decent storyline to make things interesting.