Author Topic: London 2012  (Read 2193 times)

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
London 2012
« on: 29 July 2012, 03:29:48 PM »
Seeing as the Olympics is on, just thought it would be worth chatting about it, interested to know what others thought of the opening ceremony, particularly a non-British opinion!

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Re: London 2012
« Reply #1 on: 29 July 2012, 04:06:06 PM »
To be honest, I have absolutely no interest in it so haven't watched any of it.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 29 July 2012, 05:38:17 PM »
I love Women's beach volleyball.

That is all.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #3 on: 29 July 2012, 06:47:54 PM »
Yo, Alex Morgan.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #4 on: 29 July 2012, 11:05:08 PM »
I didn't watch the opening and i probably won't be watching any of it besides what they show on Sport center. the only thing i somewhat have interest in is Basketball. but the US will likely win every game so it's not THAT interesting.

All the other sports i care about aren't in the Olympics so i don't really have much interest.
American Football
Baseball
Nascar (Somewhat)
Tennis (Somewhat)

To me it seems like stuff like Tennis and Golf would be in the Olympics. i can understand baseball not being in it beings the MLB season is currently going on and is always in the summer. and I can understand football due to all the injuries and because it's such a rough game but tsuff like Tennis and Golf which has so many international stars seem perfect for them to me.

I don't much about Soccer but i know you brits love it. Do you guys want to see it in the Olympics? or would it not work due to some sort of on going season? or hell is it actually in the Olympics and i am just not aware.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #5 on: 29 July 2012, 11:20:16 PM »
Tennis and Football (soccer) are both in the Olympics, and they are introducing Golf for the next Olympics. I was pretty annoyed as I applied to get tickets for the tennis, didn't get them, watched some matches earlier and half the seats were empty; fucking ridiculous.  I am pretty surprised that everyone on here missed the opening ceremony, thought most would tune in whether they like the Olympics or not :S. Yeah I might check out the basketball, I've got a vague understanding of it and used to watch it a bit at the turn of the millennium, enjoy its fast pace although I don't understand some of the rules but its enjoyable to watch.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 30 July 2012, 06:34:49 AM »
What's to understand about basketball? You put the ball in the basket. And you have to be an inner city 6'5" black kid to play it.

I watched most of the opening ceremony. Quite frankly, compared to what China did and to a lesser extent Canada in 2010 it wasn't amazing. Just seemed like Danny Boyle was trying to make a big joke of everything. The Mr. Bean bit was pretty funny though.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #7 on: 30 July 2012, 04:17:20 PM »
The travesty so far has been Frank Turner playing the opening of the entire Olympics and not getting any US airtime. Seriously, fuck NBC.

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #8 on: 1 August 2012, 06:05:36 PM »
Good Job Team GB Today we got 2 golds and a bronze.  :dx

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #9 on: 1 August 2012, 07:37:37 PM »
Fantastic swim from Jamieson. A Lovely Silver for Team GB :)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #10 on: 1 August 2012, 08:42:53 PM »
Looking at the medal count it looks like China is making everyone their bitch. at least when it comes to Gold. US is only 2 total medals behind but Chine is dominating is gold.

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
« Reply #11 on: 1 August 2012, 08:50:24 PM »
Looking at the medal count it looks like China is making everyone their bitch. at least when it comes to Gold. US is only 2 total medals behind but Chine is dominating is gold.

Well there are over a billion Chinese people so statistically speaking China are always going to win more medals.

China also appear to train the hardest, their training hours, conditions and programmes for their child athletes verges on child abuse.

Offline chappers

« Reply #12 on: 1 August 2012, 11:49:46 PM »
Ignoring the fact that china is probably the wealthiest country and has the most people in the country, you can't forget they hosted the last olympics; they were pretty much doing what team gb have done and trying to boost the people competing into medal winners. They'll be around for a while though, but next week USA will probably overtake in the medals table, I would assume they're better then china on the track and field events, who only have that hurdler.

Been a good olympics though, I don't think its quite as good as Sydney just yet, but I would say its doing as good a job as Beijing, did you see the badminton match earlier btw?

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #13 on: 2 August 2012, 01:16:49 AM »
I saw that the womens doubles were all cheating so they wouldn't have to play Denmark lol. The Canadian team had lost so they were sleeping in and got the call that they were playing that night.

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
« Reply #14 on: 2 August 2012, 04:01:54 PM »
Gold and silver in Canoe Slalom
Gold in Shooting

Team GB are now in 5th potentially 3rd by the end of the day  :)