Author Topic: Heel turns?(Spoilers)  (Read 368 times)

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
Heel turns?(Spoilers)
« on: 25 July 2012, 12:23:28 AM »
Last night, I saw one of the best heel turns in Pro Wrestling history, the right time, perfect timing.Not only that, from Punk's heel turn last night, we are hopefully given the same Punk that murdered Cena, and Mr.McMahon and Triple H.I see Punk being given the velvet rope like before, as the potential of this heel turn could be the career we talk about for years to come, especially if Punk holds the belt and faces Cena and the Rock,and wins.Now that's a great heel turn to come, but what about others in Pro Wrestling History? One of the best that came to my mind, is oooohhh yeah ''Macho Man'', Randy Savage.I remember how the WWF Fans, were so behind Savage, as he was the man in the Company, promos, in ring ability.We all know he was just holding it for Hulk Hogan when he came back to the WWF.For awhile, both men's egos are in check, but when Savage smashed Hogan backstage as Elizabeth laid on the Bed, playing sick, right then, the old Savage we saw years before, a man that could do anything to keep his title was back.Ask the Dragon! To me, Savage's heel turns, as just as remembered as his babyface runs, and WWE did the heel turn at the perfect time.Now my last heel turn I loved, was when Rock joined the Corporation, as he shocked the world in grabbing his first WWF/E Championship.He was young and he sucked everyone in, and when he turned heel, people were honestly wondering why? From there Rocky went on to face Austin at Wrestlemania 15, and the rest is history.What other heel turns were done beautifully, not just in WWE, but in other Wrestling Companies?

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: Heel turns?(Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: 25 July 2012, 12:50:25 AM »
I Think you're over reacting and making it out to be more than it actually was.

It will without a doubt take away from him being very stale the last few months and heel punk will likely be better than the face Punk we have seen lately.

I don't think the turn it's self was anything special though, The promo he cuts next week about why he did what he did may be though.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 25 July 2012, 01:44:32 AM »
What I realized today was that him standing by while Rocky Be-A-Star'd D-Bry was totally part of his heel turn too. It was well-done, but like Adam said it totally depends on what he says next week. If he comes out and apologizes, makes some stupid Cena jokes and makes excuses then it's nothing. If he comes out, throws Cena's belt in the trash and lays down some real pipebombs about Rocky and being held back then it's a success. It's an overdue heel turn, but meh, how much does it really change?

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #3 on: 25 July 2012, 01:52:24 AM »
Im hoping for a updated version of his ROH promo from when he won the ROH World Title.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #4 on: 25 July 2012, 03:00:36 AM »
I think being a heel will be a lot more entertaining then the shallow character we've had to put up with the last few months. He'll work closer to his character last year, but those were more special since he was speaking his mind and what the fans were thinking about WWE. More importantly, those promos were tailored for a face, moving away from the generic moral standards character all WWE faces have. WWE cashed in on it at the time but he won't do anything like that again for some time at least, if at all again in WWE on a consistent basis. I'm glad they are changing his character in some form, but I feel bittersweet. They didn't need to do this if they paid more attention to his character and directed it in the right way, but they didn't, instead they are giving him the edgy character in heel form, entertaining, but we all know he can do that without this shift.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #5 on: 13 August 2012, 12:24:10 PM »
When Punk made that infamous speech on that Raw event after laying out Cena he ripped on Vince and Triple H and mentioned that he was a Paul Heyman guy just like Brock Lesnar. Perhaps we might see some sort of alliance formed between the three, would be pretty awesome to be fair. After Summerslam they could churn out some sort of Brock/Punk- Triple H/Cena match.