Author Topic: NXT - Revamped  (Read 649 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
NXT - Revamped
« on: 18 May 2012, 08:22:54 AM »
WWE taped the first four editions of WWE NXT tonight from Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida. Below are full results.

- Dusty Rhodes was announced as the new General Manager of NXT.

Dark Match:

* Xavier Woods b. Dean Ambrose

* After the match, Triple H came out to thank the crowd for coming. He told the crowd that just like Full Sail is the future of the entertainment business, NXT is the future of WWE. He announced that the upcoming episodes of NXT will air in over 60 countries.

WWE NXT #1

* Jim Ross & William Regal come out for commentary. JR introduces the new General Manager of NXT, Dusty Rhodes.

* Bo Dallas (aka Bo Rotundo) b. Rick Victor

* Ascension (Conor O’Brian & Kenneth Cameron) b. CJ Parker & Mike Dalton

* Jason Jordan comes out to face Damien Sandow, but Sandow cuts a promo, refusing to compete against him.

* Tyson Kidd b. Michael McGillicutty by submission with the Dungeon Lock.

WWE NXT #2

* Seth Rollins b. Jiro. After the match, Rollins got a mic and told the crowd that he’s going to take WWE by storm.

* Jinder Mahal b. Jason Jordan by submission with the Camel Clutch.

* Leo Kruger b. Aiden English. Kruger cut a heel promo after the match.

* Richie Steamboat b. Rick Victor. Ricky Steamboat was ringside in support of Richie.

WWE NXT #3

* Antonio Cesaro w/ Aksana b. Dante Dash. After the match, Aksana got a mic and told the crowd that Cesaro is her lover, then kissed him.

* Sofia Cortez b. Paige

* Seth Rollins b. Camacho w/ Hunico

* Kassius Ohno b. Mike Dalton

WWE NXT #3=4

Byron left and Chris Russo and William Regal came to the booth to join Jim Ross.

* The Ascension b. The Usos via a Neckbreaker into Flapjack combination.

* Bray Wyatt b. Aiden English via a Swinging Flatliner.

* Michael McGillicutty, Hunico & Camacho b. Tyson Kidd, Seth Rollins & Bo Dallas following a McGillicutter on Tyson.

Dark Match:

* Sheamus b. Alberto Del Rio w/Ricardo Rodriguez with the Brogue Kick to retain the World Heavyweight Championship.

Looking forward to seeing rollins and hero and a lot of these guys. Was hoping Xavier woods would be apart of it actually on TV. as for Ambrose im thinking he's gonna either be on Raw or SD soon.

What i don't like is No Derrick Batemen, Johnny Curtis, Percy watson, JTG and of course Hawkins and Reks ):

I'm afraid those guys will just be jobbers on SD or superstars at best at this point. its a shame i really liked all those guys and enjoyed watching them and all the crazy storylines.

Maxine is another one i will miss but i think she has a future and will probably be divas champion one day and will be on Raw & SD. same for Kaitlyn.
« Last Edit: 18 May 2012, 08:26:27 AM by Adampro123 »

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: NXT - Revamped
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2012, 08:48:25 AM »
Also i know not everyone can view this video but i think the main event on this weeks NXT was really good and worth checking out.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2012, 03:23:59 PM »
I don't think the people leaving will be jobbers. Maybe for a while, but they must have impressed if they're keeping them off those shows completely for a month. At least I hope.

Shows look good, makes sense to have basically an FCW show, WWE needs to showcase that talent more. Hopefully they actually manage to keep storylines going like they did on the former NXT though.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2012, 06:41:08 AM »
Jim Ross updated the blog section of JRsbarbq.com. Here are a few highlights.

Ross on the new NXT: "The rebranding of NXT at Full Sail University on Thursday night was exciting. It's great to be provided the opportunity to help with any new, WWE venture especially one that will help facilitate young talents the opportunity to move to the main WWE roster perhaps a little faster.

Yours truly broadcast all four programs working with William Regal, Bryon Saxton and Chris Russo in various incarnations. Several young talents stood out Thursday night but arguably the best match of the night was Tyson Kidd vs. Michael McGillicutty that was recorded early in the evening. This match was outstanding in my view and was one of the best bouts that I've seen on any WWE TV show in the past several weeks."

Really looking forward to that match. those 2 have been having good matches on NXT lately and MCgulicuty has seem to improve and Kidd is always great and i think should be the guy on SD Challenging Cody Rhodes for the IC title.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #4 on: 19 June 2012, 01:40:14 AM »
I've got NXT on at the moment and there teasing for the "new" NXT for this week, dunno if that means the show mentioned here or not?

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #5 on: 19 June 2012, 03:14:20 AM »
They taped new episodes at Full Sail last week I believe.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 19 June 2012, 06:01:10 PM »
WWE has recently removed all the upcoming listings and links for WWE NXT on their website.

It appears the rebranded version of the series, featuring mostly WWE developmental talents, will not be made available online officially by the company.

Nothing makes sense anymore to me.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 13 July 2012, 03:43:04 PM »
As previously reported, at the NXT tapings on Thursday night at Full Sail University was the start of the "Gold Rush Tournament" to crowned the first ever NXT Champion.

The eight entrants in the tournament are:

-Bo Dallas

-Richie Steamboat

-Leo Kruger

-Jinder Mahal

-Seth Rollins

-Drew McIntyre

-Michael McGillicutty

-Justin Gabriel

Spoiler: The final for the next taping is Jinder Mahal vs. Seth Rollins. Rollins should win but I've heard that Mahal's been getting a lot of praise for his work down there, maybe the Mahal we saw in WWE was held back.

Edit:

« Last Edit: 13 July 2012, 03:47:14 PM by Big Johnny Praxinaitis »

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 13 July 2012, 09:52:52 PM »
C'Mon no Chris Hero? I Have a feeling Bo Dallas or Richie Steamboat will win. that seems to be there darlings of the upcoming guys. Though Seth Rollins should win.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #9 on: 13 July 2012, 09:57:04 PM »
I guess you missed the spoiler or chose not to read it? :P

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 13 July 2012, 10:06:47 PM »
Chose not to read it since i actually think im going to watch NXT because it seems interesting.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 13 July 2012, 11:42:05 PM »
Split posts from the NXT: Redemption thread to highlight the discussion now being about the new format.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 15 September 2012, 09:05:52 PM »
Spoiler:
- The much anticipated match between Cody Rhodes and WWE NXT Champion Seth Rollins took place at last night's NXT live event in Ft. Pierce, Florida. According to those in attendance, more than 1,000 fans packed the Fenn Center.

The match saw Kassius Ohno interfere and beat Cody down. This brought out WWE Hall of Famer Dusty Rhodes. Dusty came out and said the match should be a DQ win for Cody but instead, he put Ohno in the match, making it a Triple Threat. Rollins came back and stopped Ohno from beating on Cody. Rollins caught Cross Rhodes from Cody but as Cody went for the pin, Rollins tossed him out of the ring and got the pin on Ohno.

After the match, Cody came back to the ring with the NXT Title belt. He shook hands with Rollins. Rollins cut a promo and called Cody the future of WWE and talked about how he looked forward to having several rematches in the future.

The match received rave reviews from wrestlers and fans in attendance. One fan called it the best WWE match he has seen in several years, and that was before they added Ohno in at the end. Here are some comments from NXT stars on Twitter:

Summer Rae: "Wow, tonight was unreal in Ft. Pierce! Over 1,000 fans packs the venue to see #RhodesvsRollins!! What a match! Can't wait to come back! #NXT"

Paige: "Amazing show in ft pierce! Thank you all for coming. Special thanks to hall of famer @dream_rhodes7 and Cody Rhodes for coming!!! #NXT!!!"

Seth Rollins: "Big thanks to everyone who came out and PACKED Ft. Pierce tonight. Mad respect to @CodyRhodesWWE for all he does. #justthebeginning"

Looking forward to that match.

Offline Dale

« Reply #13 on: 15 September 2012, 09:41:39 PM »
Well unless someone recorded it on their phone, you won't be seeing it as it was a live event.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 15 September 2012, 10:20:33 PM »
Normally that's what happens.