Author Topic: WWE has two weeks to keep my viewership  (Read 796 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
WWE has two weeks to keep my viewership
« on: 10 July 2012, 07:26:59 PM »
They've been building to this 1000th episode for weeks, and it's been hurting the rest of the show. Now, they want me to invest a third hour of my time every monday, and I'm not entirely sure what they think they can fill it with. They can barely put together a two-hour show with the roster they have, and three hours will only mean more commercials, product placements, recap videos and now apparently fan videos as well.

On top of that their shows don't even make any sense. Three months ago Kane was running around trying to burn Cena's face off now they're tag partners. They literally do the exact same promo/tag match with AJ,Punk and Bryan every week and hope no one notices, and they  haven't had a proper storyline feud in years. Meanwhile, I'm supposed to believe that it takes 5 weeks for Brock Lesnar to travel to raw and say he's fighting Triple H (sending Heyman to announce the announcement of his announcement), and they got rid of the only good thing on RAW (Big Johnny) for seemingly no reason). Perfect example is the tag title situation. Epico and Primo are number one contenders, then they're not anymore and PTP is, then somehow Hunico and Camacho are even though they've never fucking won a match in WWE, and PTP loses to Epico and Primo on SD. Kofi and Truth haven't even fucking defended the titles in months and I'm supposed to be enthused about seeing that match sunday?

I still enjoy wrestling and you guys know I'm a WWE apologist, but I have too much shit to watch, too many games to play and too many blogs to write to waste my time with this anymore.

Two weeks. 1000th RAW. That's all that's left in my tank if WWE can't turn it around.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: WWE has two weeks to keep my viewership
« Reply #1 on: 10 July 2012, 09:10:56 PM »
Meanwhile TNA is getting better and better. come on over to the dark side pal (:

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 10 July 2012, 09:19:33 PM »
Meanwhile TNA is getting better and better. come on over to the dark side pal (:

NEVVVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #3 on: 11 July 2012, 01:00:46 AM »
It is your destiny!!!

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #4 on: 13 July 2012, 08:04:48 PM »
I feel the same in so many ways, I still watch it because I like wrestling, but they haven't done something incredibly amazing for about a year now, even when that happens it never lasts. The thing is, there's a lot of problems with the whole show.

Titles need more direction, the two world championships are the only ones that mean anything now, even though the world heavyweight championship seems to be getting a lack of treatment lately (not many decent stories in quite a while, used in a shit way at mania). The other belts just mean nothing quite frankly and if they all disappeared next week it would have no consequence tbh.

Then the stories, usually there's only like 2 maybe 3 good stories going at once and the rest of the show is full of crap. The thing is though, they will never make a good twist out of the stories, its either dragged on for too long, fizzles to nothing, has no repercussion, or finishes/turns too quickly (RAW walk out being a good example of that, or Cena being controlled by Nexus). David Otungas lawyer gimmick could go so many ways, but they don't do anything with it. How many lawsuits has he laid down for it to mean nothing a minute later? Its just a label that means nothing, much the same with other gimmicks as well. Plus they seem to lay many foundations for things, only not to go ahead with them, Prax raised a good point with the tag titles match, but there's other things as well.

The show has got far too predictable as well, they bum their golden boys and then shit on the ones they don't care about. Its boring seeing the same people lose, and the same people win.

The consistently terrible parts; Santino, Khali, Hornswoggle etc. They need to stop the cringey parties in the back as well, horrible to watch.

Jerry Lawler needs to be taken off of commentary, he adds absolutely nothing and I think he'd be better off just to leave for his own legacy. Josh Matthews is boring as well, he's better in the back doing interviews. Bring up Byron Saxton and/or Scott Stanford, both guys have charisma and a keen interest.

They seem to push some questionable talent as well, I mean Albert is alright but I don't see where they got the idea to push him to the heavens so soon, he's nothing special. Yet guys like McIntyre, who was the best heel on Smackdown and an interesting gimmick, has absolutely nothing given to him despite proving his worth. Its a load of crap that they have so much decent talent that they just do nothing with, yet shitty comedy segments from Hornswoggle are used instead. Then when they decide to push someone the fans might like to see, they push them in a really flimsy way, you can already tell this Tyson Kidd push will come to nothing. How many times has Ziggler flirted with the very top for them not to do anything with it. Zack Ryder? Because these guys aren't their favourites, they will never get the push they deserve no matter how hard they work.

They also need to change CM Punk's character, a year ago he came out with a bad boy attitude speaking his mind, now he's practically crying on tv because his high school crush is playing him. I don't care about the PG excuse. Just because its PG, it doesn't mean that every single face has to be a goody two shoes with the obvious moral codes and all their character sucked out of them. Plus the PG thing is so dumb, all the decent legends seem to be excused from the PG stuff, what kind of consistency is that :S.

Old washed up celebrities shouldn't go on, no one cares about them.

There are more problems I'm not tapping on but this reflects the basic annoying problems. I feel like they do a lot of this to test the waters for how shit and lazy they can be with it to still stay afloat and also to laugh at how people still watch half the crap they put out, maybe i'm reading into things too deep but that's how I feel with it lately lol.
« Last Edit: 13 July 2012, 08:07:59 PM by chappers »

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 13 July 2012, 10:04:30 PM »
+ 1 to Chappers rep. Very well said.

My main thing is a i want them to focus more on the mid card. actually have legit mid card feuds about something. If you go back to like 1998 or something i can recall austin and rock feuding over the IC title and it was awesome. in Todays world the two mid card titles are pretty much nothing. You got Santino who is a joke beating guys and not feuding with anyone besides a ring announcer. and you got christian who is good it would be nice to get some youth around the titles and around the mid card.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #6 on: 15 July 2012, 11:14:53 AM »
I think one thing they need to do is get rid of this Super Raw, Super Smackdown stuff, I think that's contributing to a lot of the mid card stuff being irrelevant. Maybe if they split the brands again come the 1000th episode of RAW, have Ryder running Smackdown and Heyman for RAW that would be fine imo.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
« Reply #7 on: 16 July 2012, 12:52:11 AM »
One thing I've always wanted was some sort of stipulation regarding the IC and/or US title belts.  For example: If you win either title then you can trade it in for a shot at one of the major titles.  If you defend either of those smaller titles a set amount of times then you'll get to choose whatever kind of match you want.  It make the smaller titles more important and keep with the new champions fighting for it considering the fact that it's now a stepping stone to the WWE or World title.

But yeah my interest in Raw going to 3 hours is nearly non-existent at this point....

Offline chappers

« Reply #8 on: 16 July 2012, 01:03:42 AM »
One thing I've always wanted was some sort of stipulation regarding the IC and/or US title belts.  For example: If you win either title then you can trade it in for a shot at one of the major titles.  If you defend either of those smaller titles a set amount of times then you'll get to choose whatever kind of match you want.  It make the smaller titles more important and keep with the new champions fighting for it considering the fact that it's now a stepping stone to the WWE or World title.

But yeah my interest in Raw going to 3 hours is nearly non-existent at this point....
Pretty much agree with everything you put besides the mid card belts being stepping stones to higher belts, at this point they are nothing but a gimmick part of the show. But I like your point on reasons to make the titles more worthwhile, think its a good idea and they could balance it by controlling the reigns for the mid card titles.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #9 on: 16 July 2012, 03:55:41 PM »
The WWE Title hasn't main evented a PPV since TLC (7 months!!!!!).  Even then it was a triple threat, albeit without the golden trio of John Cena, Randy Orton or HHH.  CM Punk is apparently the greatest World WWE Intercontinential United States Heavyweight Champion of all time.  Last nights PPV essentially had the number 1 contender match above the championship itself.

If they are going to devalue belts and then make this AJ crap more important than the title itself, what's the point of the championship?  It can be better used somewhere else.  They've totally killed any edginess in CM Punks character since last summer.  Cena is same old Cena, you get his best every time but its still something we've seen repeatedly.  I enjoy Daniel Bryan, but I still don't think he can carry a brand.  He has a hardcore fanbase, but I don't see it expanding much.  He got the benefit of a Wrestlemania screwjob that got the fans on his side, but it's evolved little since then.  The WWE is just in a holding pattern until a bigger star (HHH, Brock Lesnar, Undertaker, HBK) returns and then push all the current talent to the back of the line.  They've treated the tag division so horribly the last 5 years that no matter what they do no one cares anymore because you know the feud will be dropped as soon as there are time restraints by high paid stars returning.  Pretty much the same with the divas division.

I think there is some sort of internal struggle backstage as Vince McMahon is nearing the end of his reign.   HHH seems to be changing things, but there is a lot of resistance you hear about on the IWC.  Why did Big Johnny go from being a major focus of Wrestlemania 28, to disappearing from TV 2 months later?  There's no consistency and too much complacency.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 16 July 2012, 04:10:29 PM »

Pretty much agree with everything you put besides the mid card belts being stepping stones to higher belts, at this point they are nothing but a gimmick part of the show. But I like your point on reasons to make the titles more worthwhile, think its a good idea and they could balance it by controlling the reigns for the mid card titles.

This just happened in TNA. whoever hold the x division title every year at destination X gets to cash in the x division title and get a shot at the world title. Austin Aries just did this and became world champion.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #11 on: 16 July 2012, 05:03:39 PM »
I haven't had a problem with like Rock/Cena or Brock/Cena going over the title matches, but the fact that the fucking MITB match closed out the PPV was a piss off. At this point I want Cena to get the title back so there can be a fucking title match in a main event again.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 17 July 2012, 12:53:11 AM »
Sounds like it's all a big storyline now to be honest. I wouldn't be surprised if they work it into the Cena vs Punk storyline that will probably happen at summerslam.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #14 on: 17 July 2012, 02:31:28 AM »
I don't think they purposely scheduled 7 months of PPVs like that for a future storyline, lol, but they could definitely take advantage of it. The truth is it doesn't REALLY matter but I think it does devalue the title a bit if you pretty much admit that one guy is always going to be above it. Plus what's Punk going to say?That he's mad? I guess he could but he's clearly not "pipebombing" like he was last year anymore.