Author Topic: WWE starting new Wednesday show called "Main Event"  (Read 432 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
WWE starting new Wednesday show called "Main Event"
« on: 25 June 2012, 07:48:10 PM »
STAMFORD, Conn., June 25, 2012 – WWE (NYSE: WWE) and ION Television today announced a new weekly one-hour original series airing on Wednesday nights at 8/7C. WWE Main Event will debut on October 3, 2012, and feature WWE Superstars and Divas from the rosters of Monday Night Raw and Friday Night SmackDown. The new show will be available in 100 million U.S. television households on ION Television, a top-rated general entertainment network that features a broad mix of critically acclaimed series, movies and original programming.
“ION Television is delighted to begin a new partnership with such a successful and well-recognized franchise as WWE,” said Brandon Burgess, CEO, ION Media Networks. “As a general entertainment network with a solid foundation, WWE Main Event is a great addition to our lineup that features something for everyone. We look forward to introducing our ION audience to all of the excitement and drama WWE has to offer as well as welcoming a passionate new fan base to the network.”
“WWE looks forward to this new partnership with ION Television,” said Vince McMahon, WWE Chairman and CEO. “We are excited about producing this new television show, WWE Main Event, and bringing our fans to ION Television every Wednesday.”
WWE Main Event will feature in-ring action and fit seamlessly in storylines from Monday Night Raw and Friday Night SmackDown, making Wednesday night appointment viewing for fans. The new series will offer a big arena experience with live audiences like current WWE weekly programs.

So, three hours of RAW Monday, Smackdown on Friday, Superstars, NXT, and pay-per-views every month, sometimes 2 a month, and they want to add MORE? I barely even watch half of what they put on already.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline ftwpodcast

• FTWPodcast.com
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk
Re: WWE starting new Wednesday show called "Main Event"
« Reply #1 on: 25 June 2012, 08:19:55 PM »
I'm not completely against the idea, but that's because according to my provider's website, I get ION in Cleveland. Don't think I've ever seen it though.
Much like you, we talk about wrestling. Just, in podcast form: ftwpodcast.com

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #2 on: 25 June 2012, 09:09:02 PM »
I heard NXT isn't on TV or interwebs anymore.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 25 June 2012, 10:06:15 PM »
Let's not forget Superstars, Speaking of i wonder if this will just turn out to be another Superstars. superstars seemed to take it's self serious for like 2 weeks before becoming Velocity or Heat. I haven't heard of the "Ion"  channel myself so i can only imagine it will not be an important show despite it's name.

BUT IF it's a legit show with main event talent and they have some big matches on the show then I'm all for it.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 25 June 2012, 10:16:21 PM »
I mentioned Superstars. And isn't NXT on another Ion-like channel down there? Or at least it will be? I don't know. It sounds like another superstars frankly. But if they're going to do that I'd rather it be on Sunday so they can use it as a PPV hype show once a month.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 29 June 2012, 03:27:04 PM »
NXT only comes on the youtube channel in the US just like superstars as far as i know. i looked on my cable box and saw that i actually have this channel so that's good.

I was thinking to make this show special or something to watch how about they have a championship match as every main event each week. You can have a couple of matches to kick off the show and then each weeks main event could be for a Championship, each week have it be a different championship defended too.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 29 June 2012, 05:07:56 PM »
They need to add 2 championships if they do that.  A European/TV championship and either bring back the Hardcore belt or the Cruiserweight belt.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 29 June 2012, 06:11:52 PM »
Well i didn't mean a Championship specific to the show. Just like week 1 the WWE title is on the line then week 2 the tag titles then week 3 the us title and so on. Though i would like to see them bring back the hardcore title as long as they keep the 24/7 rules if they did that they could even upload random youtube clips of the harcore champ walking around town and it could be like some sort of reality show, but that's another discussion.

OR

Have it where the fans can vote on the main event. Not have set matches but just have a list of wrestlers from the bottom all the way to the top and have fans match up the match they want to see most that week and whatever gets the most matches goes on.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #8 on: 29 June 2012, 07:54:30 PM »
I'm not saying those titles should be specific to those shows either, just that they need to add titles if they're going to be adding shows. WWE barely has main-title matches on RAW and SD, I don't think they'd defend them on what surmounts to a D-level show even to push it. US and IC title I can buy having defended there but in general the undercard needs more to work towards .

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 28 September 2012, 09:38:45 PM »
Bumpo!

This show starts Wednesday on ION. Just a reminder to everyone.

Also should i add this to the WFF game? and if so should i do it by the same points as i do Supererstars, Xplosion and Saturday morning slam? or would anyone have a problem with adding this show into the game when we are already 6 weeks in?