Author Topic: Fantasy game/Draft  (Read 825 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Fantasy game/Draft
« on: 19 April 2012, 01:15:18 PM »
I saw on the FTW Podcast facebook page they were doing a draft for their upcoming fantasy style game. here is the link for how they are doing it.

FTW Draft: Season Two | The FTW Podcast

I was wondering if you guys here would want to do a similar thing? We can use the FTW podcast scoring system and i can keep up with the points.

The only thing i would change is instead of having to have 2 WWE superstars 2 TNA superstars and 1 wildcard . i would just have it where you can pick 5 of either company but you have to at least have 1 WWE superstar or 1 TNA superstar. meaning you can't have all 5 WWE superstars or all 5 TNA superstars.

I could set up a draft by random order and we can just go from there and the sooner we start the better if you're interested just say so bellow.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: Fantasy game/Draft
« Reply #1 on: 19 April 2012, 03:41:30 PM »
Count me in.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #2 on: 19 April 2012, 08:56:08 PM »
Sure why not, I'm game.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 19 April 2012, 11:29:40 PM »
Do you mean that it would be like W FF L Wrestling Fusion Fantasy League?
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #4 on: 19 April 2012, 11:54:49 PM »
No i don't want to do the money system, I would rather do a draft where we just take turns picking someone and once that person has picked them they are off the board. You in?

Here's how the point system would work.

5 points = Championship match win. This would mean winning the title or defending it successfully.
4 points = Win Via Pin, Submission, Referee Stoppage or whatever the stipulation may be like escape the cage etc.
3 Points = Tag team win.  this would include any team matches.
2 point = for Victory via DQ or countout.
1 point = Appearing on TV and not in a match.

This would be an example of the draft.

Round 1

1.Prax. Drafts Santino
2.Awesome Drafts Miz
3.Hoho Drafts Randy Orton
4.Adampro drafts John Cena

Round 2
1. Adampro drafts Sheamus
2. Hoho drafts AJ Styles
3. Awesome drafts CM Punk
4. Prax drafts Albert

And would keep going like that. hopefully we can get more than 4 to join in. Everyone gets to pick who they draft of course and we would just wait until the other post who they want to draft before the next guy in order can go.
« Last Edit: 20 April 2012, 12:47:35 AM by Adampro123 »

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 20 April 2012, 01:04:53 AM »
That sounds good to me, I'm in. :)
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 20 April 2012, 03:55:41 AM »
Gonna see if we can get a few more people in before i get this started, anyone know a place where i could put some names in and it just pick out an order at random?

Also want to point out this will be for Raw, Smackdown, Impact and PPV's only. not going to count NXT, Superstars or Xplosion.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
« Reply #7 on: 20 April 2012, 09:16:37 AM »
Wasn't initially on board but it does have that fantasy sports feel to it so I'm game.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #8 on: 20 April 2012, 10:30:58 AM »
Yeah I'm up for it

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #9 on: 20 April 2012, 04:24:26 PM »
You bet your ass I'm drafting Santino 1st overall :ace

Try random.org to pick the order, they have some good tools for random number generating.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 20 April 2012, 07:25:07 PM »
Was looking online and im just gonna use this and use the numbers by who signed up first.

Truly Random Number Generator

The only other regulars not in by my count are JD and Leo. Gonna give them until the end of the day before we get started. however if they want to join in after the draft they can pick 5 guys who hasn't already been picked

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #11 on: 20 April 2012, 07:53:31 PM »
I'm in!

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 21 April 2012, 11:01:32 PM »
Alright so it looks like it's just us 7. which is still a pretty good amount. I'll go make a draft thread and set up the order.

Also going to up it to 6 wrestlers so it evens the draft out a bit more.
« Last Edit: 21 April 2012, 11:14:55 PM by Adampro123 »