Author Topic: News on the future of Shelton benjmain and DH Smith.  (Read 707 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
News on the future of Shelton benjmain and DH Smith.
« on: 4 July 2008, 12:19:55 AM »
Credit: F4WOnline.com

Shelton Benjamin's move to Smackdown in last week's Supplemental Draft was said to be a bit of a surprise because head writer Michael Hayes has never been high on the former Minnesota Golden Gopher. In creative meetings, Hayes would talk about Benjamin being lazy and that he's never been able to "seize the moment" in his promos or during his countless start-and-stop pushes. Anyway, there is talk of engaging Benjamin in a feud with Jeff Hardy.

Credit: F4WOnline.com

Smackdown head writer Michael Hayes is said to be high on DH Smith, who was moved over to Smackdown in last week's Supplemental Draft. Hayes has reportedly been high on him since his start in the company just over two years ago. The belief is that Smith will at least get an opportunity to shine on his own merits on Smackdown, a sharp contrast to his treatment on Raw. After his return from suspension late last year, Smith worked a grand total of three television matches on the flagship show and was mercilessly pummeled in every single one of them. Smith was massacred by Umaga in a total squash match that lasted two minutes on the 2/25 Raw. On the 3/17 Raw, Smith appeared in the Cena & Orton vs. "The Entire Raw Roster" match. Cena defeated Smith in about 30 seconds with three of his trademark moves, and wasn't able to get a lick of offense on him to boot. And of course, there was his match with JBL on the 5/5 Raw in which he was pummeled by JBL. Smith was carried off on a stretcher following the match. It also marked Smith's final appearance on the Raw brand, and he hasn't been seen in a WWE ring since. He's been working developmental shows in the meantime.

It just saddens me to see someone like shelton who has worked his as off with no suspensions or mistakes will soon be jobbing to jeff hardy who always messes up.

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #1 on: 6 July 2008, 12:00:13 PM »
Michael Hayes can go screw himself. Shelton Benjamin is an awesome performer in the ring. His gimmick is good, everything. Yeah, sure he does need work on his mic skills but so too does Jeff Hardy. I really hope Shelton gets a push.

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #2 on: 6 July 2008, 05:29:33 PM »
Quote from: J2M;4944
Michael Hayes can go screw himself. Shelton Benjamin is an awesome performer in the ring. His gimmick is good, everything. Yeah, sure he does need work on his mic skills but so too does Jeff Hardy. I really hope Shelton gets a push.

Your a Shelton mark so of course your going to have nothing but praise for him. I think he can work in the ring good, but he has gotten stale. His staff is getting old and like Hayes said when he does get a push he never does "sieze the moment." The only time most people look forward to seeing Shelton is in a ladder match other then that until he can goet over on the mic he will stay in the mid-card where he belongs.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 8 July 2008, 12:39:27 AM »
The only problem i see with shelton is he not bein able to get over. i don't know what it is with the casual fans but they don't seem to care no matter how good of a wrestler the guy is.i guess they just want some stupid gimmick or something. i would personally rather see shetlon in another company.

Offline Da Vinci

« Reply #4 on: 9 July 2008, 12:41:03 PM »
Shelton is one of the most giftest althletes on the roster..that you can't deny. But the fact is he can't get over...PERIOD. he tried in TWGTT, but that flopped, he has had numerous singles run, hell. he beat Trips twice, and if i remember they were both clean victorys, and he still aint over. Its sad to say, but he will always be a lower mid carder because he just can't get over
"Its slutty lips you wish your girlfriend had. Its vampire teeth you wish you had, and its ****ing massive so everyone can see what ur about."

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #5 on: 9 July 2008, 01:04:17 PM »
He used to be over when he was a face and was IC Champion. He had some good feuds then too and I thought he was over. I think him as a face is his best shot, he doesn't suit it as a heel to be honest. He'll do best as a face but now I see it being too hard for him after the change and everything.

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 10 July 2008, 01:54:30 AM »
After the beat triple h and later became the IC Champ shelton was pretty over and had great momentum. the problem there was they never gave him anyone to feud with over the IC title really. i remember he defended it against Christian once on PPV and then Maven. and with a guy with momentum and the talent like shelton i think they should have put him against bigger stars kinda like they did with ortons title reign. but thennext thing you know WWE had a draft and carlito comes over and shelton not only loses his IC title but after that WWE makes him lose and lose and lose and lose and keep losing until he has to call up his "mom" which makes him look weak in so many casual fans eyes so much he may never really be able to live that down.