Author Topic: Morrison will he ever reach greatness?  (Read 129 times)

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
Morrison will he ever reach greatness?
« on: 20 September 2011, 12:34:46 AM »
We all know he can dazzle us with his high flying but theirs something missing? I remember watching a match he had with Del Rio and he looked lost not knowing what to do! I know he plays a cool,rock star he surely doesn't act like it.Tonight if he wins the US title it would lead him into a great path for a WWE title shot in the future

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: Morrison will he ever reach greatness?
« Reply #1 on: 20 September 2011, 01:35:52 AM »
I didn't see that in the match with Del Rio. i actually thought he gave Del Rio his best match to date maybe besides the christian ladder match. The only thing i see wrong with Morrison is he isn't the best on the mic, though his last few spots he's done on the mic i thought have been good and we know he is trying to improve. i guess the other issue would be the backstage heat due to Melina but apparently they are no more so hopefull all of that is gone. I hope to see Morrison win a world title and to be a consistent main eventer, i just have a feeling it's not gonna happen either due to backstage stuff or WWE pushing the wrong guys ahead of him.

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE, ROH
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk, Austin Aries, Dolph Ziggler, Motor City Machine Guns, Kings of Wrestling
« Reply #2 on: 20 September 2011, 05:16:55 AM »
... I think his match tonight pretty much sums up what the WWE has planed for him.

Counting All The Assholes In The Room
Well I'm Definatly Not Alone; Well I'm Not Alone
You're A Liar; You're A Cheater; You're A Fool
Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #3 on: 20 September 2011, 01:10:44 PM »
... I think his match tonight pretty much sums up what the WWE has planed for him.

Pretty much what I was going to say haha.

I don't think he should be treated as badly as he has been but I have said it before and I'll say it again he needs to work on his charisma. Now I know his in ring ability and the fact he is over would be considered enough- sure. But it is not enough to stand out amongst the competition.
Guys like Cena, Punk, Miz, Truth, Orton, Del Rio are all in that upper echelon and for Morrison to be taken seriously as one of them he needs to tighten those mic skills and change his character somewhat for the better because his character to me is an athletic guy who is amazing in the ring but has a bitchy streak as opposed to a mean streak. When he was tag team partners with Miz they would bitch about people on the Dirt Sheet but Miz balanced his whining with aggression. Morrison has not shown that aggressive side.
Not only that but Morrison is a face and because Cena and Orton are faces at the moment they will always title hog. That is why the competition are all heels or in Punk's case an anti-hero.

Unless your Cena, Mysterio or Orton who are stupidly over you won't get anywhere as a face if you have the charisma level of Morrison because Cena/Orton title hog. Punk is one of the best wrestlers because he became the anti-hero. Morrison should learn from that and tighten his character.