Author Topic: Early Money in the Bank Discussion  (Read 185 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Early Money in the Bank Discussion
« on: 19 May 2011, 04:29:29 AM »
So I know we still have two PPVs between this post and the Money in the Bank PPV, but I've been going through MITB withdrawal and I've been thinking about who could possibly win it. Both brands have good candidates who could need it, both brands have a lot of good people frankly. Obviously a lot can change between now and July, but it would be fun to start a discussion and adjust as new events transpire.

Smackdown:

I think my pick right now would be Cody Rhodes. He's a guy who could benefit from holding the case for a long time.

Depending on how the next two months go Christian could also be the guy who wins it and uses it the same night, and possibly being the first to lose an MITB title match. Sheamus could also fit into the category.

If I had to pick the 8 in the match right now, it would be:

Sheamus vs. Mark Henry vs. Christian vs. Ted Dibiase vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Sin Cara vs. Kane

Obviously, if Orton's still champ he'll need an opponent, so you could take out Sheamus or Henry and replace them with a member of the Corre. A cool storyline would be if the Corre had to battle for the last spot. If a heel is champ, Zeke could be their opponent.

----------------------------------
RAW:

Who benefits most from holding it long term? Dolph, Drew, or if it's a face, Kofi. R-Truth could also be on this list.

Who could win and cash it in the same night? Swagger, who's won it before, or Punk.

If I had to pick the eight:

Dolph Ziggler vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Jack Swagger vs. R-Truth vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Kofi Kingstom vs. Big Show vs. John Morrison

If Cena's still champ, he goes up against Miz, Punk, or Del Rio.

If a heel's the champ, Cena's the obvious choice, although it would be a nice swerve if Cena wrestled in his first MITB match and someone else got a shot.

------------------

Thoughts?

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: Early Money in the Bank Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2011, 05:24:58 AM »
I was Thinking about this too and for SD if Christian wins back the title from orton soon then i think Orton is the favorite and he will win it back at summer slam. if Orton is still champ then i think Either Cody Rhodes or Wade Barret will win it but i figure they wil be the first to lose when they cash in especially if its Barret.

On Raw I'd like to see Morrison win it. Also R-Truth would make sense. it would really help Dolph Ziggler and Kofi Kingston but i doubt they will get that push. Last year going into MITB it looked like Drew was gonna win it for SD and when he almost did the crowed reacted to it like crazy but after that night it all went down hill for drew. so maybe this could be his year aniversary and thing could change for him.

But For Raw i pick Alberto Del Rio to win if he's not in the championship match.

I figure we might have

Raw:
Miz vs Morrison vs Del Rio vs Truth vs Ziggler vs Kofi vs Rey vs Bourne or Drew (maybe punk depending on if they win the tag titles. this would leave swagger to face Cena)

SD:Cody vs Bryan vs Cara vs Henry/Sheamus vs Orton/Christian vs Barret vs Jackson vs or Tyson Kidd

So either we get Orton vs Sheamus or Henry
or
Christian vs Sheamus or Henry
The other 2 will be in MITB match.

Add a tag title match and a divas match and i think the card will be set.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2011, 12:25:35 PM »
Rhodes deserves it the most and it would be exciting seeing him run with it. Hopefully someone like Barrett doesn't win it.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2011, 12:36:54 PM »
Given Morrison's injury from R-Truth do you think he'll be feuding with R-Truth come this PPV, I could see a feud within the match or a feud away from the match. If they are in the match though, I could see them screwing each other out with a big move off the top of the ladder or something. I'm pumped for this PPV though, hopefully it shall be good :D.