Author Topic: NFL Discussion  (Read 5006 times)

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
Re: NFL Discussion
« Reply #15 on: 13 October 2011, 07:58:20 PM »
Eagles and Vikings have the same record.... just found that funny considering how shitty the Vikes have played in the second halves of blowouts.  I haven't been watching the Eagles play so I'm not sure if they've had a shot to win every game or not.  The sad thing about the Vikings is that they have actually scored more points than their opponents on the season, they're the only team with a losing record that can claim that.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #16 on: 13 October 2011, 08:12:24 PM »
Shit the two or three of the Eagles losses, they had leads into the 4th quarter.Talk about stressful games, when teams think their players are giving up at times in games.Viking has the offense, but for some reason their defense hasn't clicked on all cylinders.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #17 on: 14 October 2011, 03:45:07 AM »
I said this week one to my dad, Eagles looked terrible against the Rams. The only time they played good was in garbage time.

I don't know why the Eagles went out and got talent they really didn't need. They should have went out and tried to get some linebackers or offensive linemen. I mean its all good you have the best WR's, CB's, Saftey's in the league but there is no chemistry between any of them.  Asomugha and Ronnie Brown were great picks up's but Asomugha hasn't been playing anywhere near his last few years and McCoy has stepped up which just  makes Brown pretty useless.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #18 on: 14 October 2011, 08:08:51 AM »
Colts suck this year. Falcons aren't as good as they should be so far. so my interest in the NFL this season has gone down a lot.

As for the Eagles they are just over hyped and overrated.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
« Reply #19 on: 14 October 2011, 09:41:40 PM »
Viking has the offense, but for some reason their defense hasn't clicked on all cylinders.

Honestly, their defense has played very well in their losses.  Especially the defensive line with Jared Allen and Brian Robison tearing it up.  The linebackers haven't been great in coverage, as usual but they haven't really let opposing RBs and TEs run all over them.  The secondary, even without Winfield in the last game, has played well enough to win but often have moments where the D-line isn't pressuring the QB enough, giving the opposing QB time to pick them apart.  Overall I'd give their defense at least a B-.

The offense is honestly where I see the most issues.  Adrian Peterson is the best RB in the league, as usual, and he will find holes on his own even with one of the worst offensive lines in the league.  McNabb hasn't thrown any games away but he certainly isn't doing a damn thing to win them either.  He always looks so uncomfortable, even when there is no pressure around him.  A lot of the blame has to fall on the offensive line though, since they're ranked 3rd in the league right now in allowing QB Pressures.  The WR/TE core is talented but with McNabb throwing the ball.... not much going on there.  If they didn't have AD then they wouldn't have been close in any of their games this season I feel.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #20 on: 16 October 2011, 05:01:32 PM »
Week 6

Sunday 16 Oct

Carolina at Atlanta
Indianapolis at Cincinnati
San Francisco at Detroit
St. Louis at Green Bay
Philadelphia at Washington
Buffalo at NY Giants
Jacksonville at Pittsburgh
Houston at Baltimore
Cleveland at Oakland
Dallas at New England
New Orleans at Tampa Bay
Minnesota at Chicago

Monday 17 Oct

Miami at NY Jets

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #21 on: 23 October 2011, 04:46:36 PM »
Week 7
 Sun, Oct 23
 SD @ NYJ 1:00 PM
 CHI @ TB 1:00 PM (Wembley Stadium)
 SEA @ CLE 1:00 PM
 ATL @ DET 1:00 PM
 HOU @ TEN 1:00 PM
 WAS @ CAR 1:00 PM
 DEN @ MIA 1:00 PM
 PIT @ ARI 4:05 PM
 KC @ OAK 4:05 PM
 GB @ MIN 4:15 PM
 STL @ DAL 4:15 PM

IND @ NO 8:20 PM

Mon, Oct 24
 BAL @ JAC 8:30 PM

Some interesting storylines going into this week...

Will Tebow lead the Broncos to a win as he returns home?

Will Ponder survive his NFL debut against GB?

Will LT be able to do anything against his former team?

Will Oaklands desperation trade for Palmer pay off, or bite them in the ass?

I believe Tebow will have a great reaction from the Miami crowd, but he will get booed if the Broncos take a conmanding lead.I think Tebow could destroy that weak Dophins defense all day.As for Ponder worst team to face right now.I think he might have good plays, but Packers smack him around all day.LT will be highly motivated to show up his own team.The other team he never scored points against was the Chargers.I think he makes a impact later in the game when it matters.Lastly,isn't Palmer not playing today since the coach said he needs more time evaluating Palmer?

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
« Reply #22 on: 23 October 2011, 07:30:57 PM »
Not to mention the Vikings throwing Christian Ponder to the wolves by giving him his first NFL start.... against the Packers.....

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #23 on: 28 October 2011, 09:30:48 PM »
Cardinals @ Ravens
Vikings @ Panthers
 Jaguars @ Texans
 Dolphins @ Giants
Saints @ Rams
 Colts @ Titans
Lions @ Broncos
 Redskins @ Bills
Bengals @ Seahawks
 Browns @ 49ers
 Patriots @ Steelers
 Cowboys @ Eagles
Chargers @ Chiefs

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #24 on: 31 October 2011, 03:00:48 PM »
What a win for the birds, the boys looked flat and played like it too.The Eagles run the ball like crazy over the best run defenses in the league what 2 TD for McCoy? Vick looked great in and outside the pocket all game, and Romo never was able to get anything really going.Most complete game from the Eagles team, if they can do that on a weekly basis, woah tough team to beat in the NFC.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #25 on: 7 March 2012, 05:11:44 PM »
Peyton Manning's 14-year career as a member of the Indianapolis Colts is coming to an end.
Sources close to the team told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that the announcement will come at a press conference in Indianapolis on Wednesday.

The decision to pass on the $28 million bonus owed Manning and not to pick up the four remaining years on his contract means Manning will become a free agent, and sources say that he intends to continue to play.

The Colts decided not to pick up Manning's option because of concerns they had over his readiness to play in the NFL again.

The four-time league MVP missed the entire 2011 season after having his third neck surgery in 19 months, a fusion of two vertebrae. His doctors have medically cleared him to resume his career.

Manning has broken all of Indianapolis' career records for quarterbacks and had never missed a start before last season. He's taken the Colts to the playoffs 11 times, captured seven AFC South titles in eight years, won two AFC championships, one Super Bowl title and a Super Bowl MVP Award.

I smell the Dolphins, Redskins, Cardinals need a QB like Manning..

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #26 on: 7 March 2012, 09:37:12 PM »
Being a huge Manning fan and a huge colt fan im not thrilled with whats going on. honestly i don't see why they just can't sit luck for a few years and have him learn fromone of the best QB's ever in manning. But it is what it is and i'l be rooting for both the colts an manning in the future.

I really hope he doesn't end up with the Washington, Miami or The jets. never liked any of those teams and the divisions are really tough.

Of the teams that come to mind that i wouldn't mind seeing him on. Arizona just because him and Fitzgerald should be great.and I think Kansas City would be a good place for him.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #27 on: 8 March 2012, 03:28:19 PM »
The Colts organization is so in love with Luck, they think it would cause problems with Peyton and Andrew which is not true.If I was a QB, Peyton would be the top three QB's I would like to learn from, he would be there.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #28 on: 6 September 2012, 08:38:31 PM »
Any Cowboys who are dreaming Superbowl pump the brakes sucka, last night's game had positives and negatives for both team.Now the second half came down to the Rushing game.The Giants could not stop Murray and with the fear of Murray to break one, it opened up the passing lanes for Austin/Witten/Bryant and Ogletree.Wow 2 TD's for Ogletree the Cowboys found a gem there.Don't get too excited as this might be the biggest performance of the season for him, the NFL is just like that.The Cowboys at time looked unstoppable and we have seen them do this before.For years this has happened and I would say if the Cowboys want to win a Wild Card spot or the Division they better get that great production like last night the whole section not in spurts.As for the Giants last night, they finally realized losing Jacobs and Manningham did effect them! Jacobs especially as Bradshaw is not a feature back as he saw the Cowboys knock his ass around the whole night.Before Jacobs could be plugged into the game and wham he would smash defenders just like that.If I am a Cowboys fan right now be happy by this win, if I am a Giants fan be very afraid the blue print is there, they better make some adjustments.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #29 on: 6 September 2012, 09:26:48 PM »
Giants couldn't stop Murray because the referees weren't calling the holding.