Author Topic: The WWE Deal That Jeff Hardy Turned Down, TNA Feeling on Hardy as World Champion  (Read 170 times)

Offline Dale

Source: Wrestling  Observer Newsletter

- WWE's last unofficial offer to Jeff Hardy before he went to TNA had a  $750,000 downside where he would only have to work 65 dates a year,  giving him the biggest break on the schedule out of any WWE stars,  including Shawn Michaels.

Obviously Hardy turned the deal down as he was upset that nobody backed  him after his drug arrest and he was upset over the promos that WWE had  CM Punk cut on him after he left the company. The feeling was that Hardy  wasn't with the company at the time and the promos from Punk weren't  business as they weren't used to build a match.

It's believed that Hardy would have been a lock for TNA World Champion  over Rob Van Dam if it weren't for his court case that's still up in the  air.
That is quite a fucking deal he turned down...

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
Bullshit, Punks promos were to build his character. Now hes the best heel in WWE. Hardy's just a idiot, don't want the negative comments don't do drugs.

Offline narcolepsy

If this report is actually true (50-50 in most cases), I only have one thing to say to Hardy:

Get over yourself.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
No way that deal is true. They're pulling out of their asses. As much as WWE wanted to keep him, they wouldn't give hima  better schedule than Undertaker or HBK. That would mean he would take several months off and basically not work house shows....

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline narcolepsy

Let's see...aren't their 51 Raws in a year (they always take off the last Monday each year)? Additionally, there are 14 PPVs this year.  This totals 65, meaning he would not do one house show at all unless he took off a few Raws and a PPV or two.

On the other hand, if he worked 51 Smackdowns, he would never even appear on a crossover Raw.

Not Possible.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
Whether he turned this deal down or not, whether he's crying over the comments directed at him or not, I still think the guy is an absolute dickhead.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Quote from: chappers;41280
Whether he turned this deal down or not, whether he's crying over the comments directed at him or not, I still think the guy is an absolute dickhead.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. The guy needs to clean up his act and grow up in a bad way, just saying that this ''story'' is bullshit, just like when the dirt sheets ''revealed'' the winner of NXT to be Bryan Danielson.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Quote from: JeriPrax;41285
Quote from: chappers;41280

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. The guy needs to clean up his act and grow up in a bad way, just saying that this ''story'' is bullshit, just like when the dirt sheets ''revealed'' the winner of NXT to be Bryan Danielson.

Has to be bullshit - I mean, didn't it turn out that he'd had a third policy violation? Surely they wouldn't have offered him anything after that, knowing that it'd just be the same outcome if they did.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.