Poll

Which Match will close out Wrestlemania 26?

WE Championship: Batista vs. John Cena
3 (37.5%)
orld Championship: Chris Jericho vs. Edge
4 (50%)
areer vs. Streak: Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker
1 (12.5%)
o Holds Barred: Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Which Match Will Close out Wrestlemania 26  (Read 191 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Which Match Will Close out Wrestlemania 26
« on: 16 March 2010, 02:18:20 PM »
This year is super interesting partly because there are four matches that could legitimately main even Wrestlemania. Obviously either title match could be there and deserves to be there, but I'm sure there's a legitimate discussion about giving Taker vs. Michaels the main event seeing as it could be the last match for both at least for a while. Finally, Bret/Vince won't be the greatest match ever, but the fact it's been 12 years in the making could very well mean that the build is enough to justify giving it the main event. This one's a long shot but with the Egos involved in this you never know.

Which match main events the show?

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #1 on: 16 March 2010, 05:03:49 PM »
I hope Cena vs. Batista closes out the show.

In my opinion, it's the most well built match thus far and is probably going to be one of the best.

Edge vs. Jericho probably has the least chance.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #2 on: 16 March 2010, 05:42:14 PM »
I think its Cena vs. Batista because I'm not sure if they've ever not had a Championship defended in the main event (singles matches only).  Also, when they've been advertising the matches on Raw they announced Cena vs. Batista last.  Vince is always in the midcard and even though HBK/Taker has all the hype, they've established Cena as #1 and Batista as #2 of this generation. Jericho/Edge doesn't have the star power to carry the show and will be the 9PM Main Event.

The only thing that scares me about this show is that it is so stacked that by 10PM the crowd make be so tired that it hurts the later matches.  I experienced that in the PPV (Survivor Series 2006) I went to in that absolutely no one cared about the main event after a DX squash fest and it showed on TV hurting the quality of the match.

Offline Adampro123

• Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 16 March 2010, 10:46:54 PM »
I Think this is more of me hoping but im going to say Taker vs HBK. you saw what happened when stuff followed it last year, it couldn't be done and especially if this is going to end something as huge as a career of one of the greatest of all time or the streak one of the biggest things in wrestlemania history.

I just can't see it being Vnce vs Bret...naybe thats just because i haven't enjoyed there feud too well. but i dunno i just can't see it.

With Batista vs Cena we will just end up with something we have seen before. either cena or batisa closing the show out winning a championship. i for one am tired of that.

I would like to see jericho vs edge close the show but i just feel like the WWE isn't giving them too much attention.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #4 on: 17 March 2010, 03:43:18 PM »
Quote from: F4WOnline.com Newsletter
- As of this week, the decision still  hadn’t been made whether John Cena vs. Batista, Undertaker vs. Shawn  Michaels or Edge vs. Chris Jericho would be the last match at  WrestleMania. The Unified Tag Team Title match is currently scheduled to  open the show with Money in the Bank going on second. Vince McMahon vs.  Bret Hart would likely go somewhere in the middle of the card. Of  course, all of this is subject to change.

Looks like no real answer yet...

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #5 on: 17 March 2010, 03:53:24 PM »
Quote from: narcolepsy;39362

- As of this week, the decision still  hadn

Offline Adampro123

• Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #6 on: 18 March 2010, 07:33:07 AM »

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 18 March 2010, 01:38:20 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;39399

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #8 on: 20 March 2010, 12:35:35 PM »
I'm going to go with Chris Jericho and Edge, I can imagine that match being last and having an unpredictable ending (for example someone like Rey could come out and nab the title.)