Author Topic: Official WWE DVD Discussion Thread  (Read 12871 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Official WWE DVD Discussion Thread
« Reply #60 on: 18 September 2008, 04:24:03 AM »
-- WWE has plans to release a DVD set on Kane on Tuesday, December 9, 2008. According to the product page on Amazon.com, the DVD set is tentatively titled "Best of Kane." PWInsider.com reported that it's scheduled to be a three-disc set.

Looks like we know what skye will be getting for christmas :D

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #61 on: 20 September 2008, 04:07:01 AM »
Kane has 3 discs of "best of" work? Gonna be interesting to see how they fill that :P

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Pj-34

« Reply #62 on: 20 September 2008, 07:30:15 PM »
Sweet, can't wait to see Edge's.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #63 on: 26 December 2008, 02:10:06 PM »
So the other day I ordered Viva La Raza: The legacy of Eddie Guerrero DVD. Once it arrives then I will review each disc in a span of three days.

I will also be trying to order Edge's DVD sometime next week.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #64 on: 26 December 2008, 08:05:04 PM »
WWE needs to make a Chris Jericho DVD... Me and Shanti were talking about this the other day and it seems like it would be a logical thing to do. I mean since WWE owns WCW and ECW wrestling cataloge alot of his PRE-WWE stuff can cover atleas a disc and a hlf then the last disc and a half can cover his most memeorable WWE matches and then for extras maybe include some promos and stuff from WCW,ECW and WWE. It is somthing that NEEDS to be done.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #65 on: 26 December 2008, 08:43:09 PM »
Quote from: Chupacabra;20438
WWE needs to make a Chris Jericho DVD... Me and Shanti were talking about this the other day and it seems like it would be a logical thing to do. I mean since WWE owns WCW and ECW wrestling cataloge alot of his PRE-WWE stuff can cover atleas a disc and a hlf then the last disc and a half can cover his most memeorable WWE matches and then for extras maybe include some promos and stuff from WCW,ECW and WWE. It is somthing that NEEDS to be done.

Damn right this is something that needs to be done. I also wouldn't mind seeing a Randy Orton dvd in a couple of years either.
"This is my welcome!"

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #66 on: 27 December 2008, 01:39:19 AM »
Wasn't there supposed to be a batista DVD coming out before christmas?

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #67 on: 27 December 2008, 01:46:04 AM »
Quote from: Adampro123;20460
Wasn't there supposed to be a batista DVD coming out before christmas?

Something like that. I don't know what's going. Maybe the wwe is holding it off so they can have more content to put on it?
"This is my welcome!"

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #68 on: 28 December 2008, 07:59:29 AM »
A Batista DVD? Sounds a bit early to me personally, I'd love to see a Randy Orton DVD though but you could say the same although there's been a lot more change in Orton's character than Batista's. His new style and attitude with Legacy is frickin awesome!

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline Dale

« Reply #69 on: 29 December 2008, 12:46:15 AM »
Ok, so the Christmas Pirate this year managed to deliver me the new Edge DVD and i've only managed to watch around 4 of the matches so far and i'll deliver a quick opinion on it as I believe the rest of the DVD will follow the same pattern.

The DVD seems to follow the typical, dissapointing structure of a WWE DVD where you get a 5minute intro and then it's just match after match after match. With this DVD you get a brief interview with Edge and his mother and they talk about how he got into the business and then it skips to a video of Edge in character telling you that he's going to enjoy the greatest thing about himself, himself or something similar. It then cuts to first match which was Edge's first PPV appearance I think it said which was against Owen Hart followed by the Terri Invitational Ladder match against the Hardys, TLC Match, IC Title against Lance Storm and then IC / US Title Unification against Test. This is as far as i've got to in the DVD so this is what im solely basing my opinion on.

I have no gripes with the actual content as I've thoroughly enjoyed all the matches so far, but I just find these DVD's to be lazily and quickly made. I wasn't expecting a documentary where it's mainly just talking and past stories, but I was hoping for at least some interviews and some sort of narrator at the start / end of the matches just giving like a brief overview of how this feud came together, how it concluded etc. This is the main reason why I didn't buy The Rock's DVD because of this sort of structure and the reason why I wont buy any in the future until it changes.

If your one of those people who likes to collect dvd's knowing you've got them legally and what not, then go ahead and buy it otherwise you may aswell just search for the individual matches on the internet and save yourself a fair bit of money.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #70 on: 29 December 2008, 04:37:25 AM »
I feel the same way dale, except maybe for the first Flair collection. I was so hyped about the undertaker set and it was so bad, just basically telling us which matches he was in and showing them. it's nice to get them on DVD but considering what the internet can bring to the table, the WWE should make it more worthwhile to buy these things.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #71 on: 29 December 2008, 04:49:00 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Praxie Boombatz;20558
I feel the same way dale, except maybe for the first Flair collection. I was so hyped about the undertaker set and it was so bad, just basically telling us which matches he was in and showing them. it's nice to get them on DVD but considering what the internet can bring to the table, the WWE should make it more worthwhile to buy these things.

Yeah the first Flair Collection is awesome. I seen the Undertaker's on WWE 24/7 ondemand and I hated it. I was looking at a bit of the new Eddie Guerrero DVD on youtube and it looks like they actually put work into that one as it was deserved. Anywho, I'm going to buy the dvds anyways just because im a huge fan of edges, and i don't any other WWE dvd's besides the ultimate ric flair collection, four horsemen, and the eddie guerrero dvd that's coming to me through the mail. So it's not like i have any edge matches on other dvds anyways. But I'm with Dale, I wish they would of let him talk more out of character and had some of his other peers give little interviews.
"This is my welcome!"

Offline Biohazared20

« Reply #72 on: 27 February 2009, 12:36:17 AM »
Anyone get the Saturday Night Main Event DVD? I have been looking at it for a while but I am sure if I want to buy it

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #73 on: 28 February 2009, 12:39:30 AM »
Quote from: Biohazared20;22868
Anyone get the Saturday Night Main Event DVD? I have been looking at it for a while but I am sure if I want to buy it

It's apparently superb, most people I have spoken too would recommend.

Tentative lineup for Macho Madness - The Ultimate Randy Savage Collection

He was one of the most controversial superstars in history of sports entertainment, through his complicated relationship with Miss Elizabeth, his dramatic WWE championship tournament run at WrestleMania IV, the formation and explosive breakup of the MegaPowers with Hulk Hogan, his reign as the Macho King, and his shocking jump to WCW.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #74 on: 28 February 2009, 12:58:23 AM »
So they're actually going through with it? Good for vince. Surprised at the amount of WWE content on it but it was where he was at his best.