Author Topic: Official WWE DVD Discussion Thread  (Read 7551 times)

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
Official WWE DVD Discussion Thread
« Reply #45 on: 28 July 2008, 04:51:12 PM »
The fact there including the vignettes and THE RAP IS CRAP music video is amazing!

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #46 on: 28 July 2008, 09:08:24 PM »
The mere fact Rap Is Crap is on this DVD will make it a big hit alone. Love it. :lol2:

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #47 on: 7 August 2008, 02:10:17 AM »

Release Date: 10/7/08

Disc 1
- The Devil’s Playground
- The Debut
- Hell in a Cell, Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels, Badd Blood (October 5, 1997)
- RAW in Hell
- Tag Team Hell in a Cell Match, Stone Cold Steve Austin & Undertaker vs. Mankind & Kane, RAW (June 15, 1998)
- The Defining Match
- Hell in a Cell, Undertaker vs. Mankind, King of the Ring (June 28, 1998)
- Partners turned Opponents
- Hell in a Cell, Mankind vs. Kane, RAW (August 24, 1998)
- Career on the Line
- Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Championship (Cactus Jack’s Career is on the Line), Triple H vs. Cactus Jack, No Way Out (February 27, 2000)
- The Six Men
- Six-Man Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Championship, Kurt Angle vs. Rikishi vs. The Rock vs. Undertaker vs. Triple H vs. Steve Austin, Armageddon (December 10, 2000)

Disc 2
- End the Game
- Hell in a Cell, Triple H vs. Chris Jericho, Judgment Day (May 19, 2002)
- Earning Your Respect
- Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Championship, Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar, No Mercy (October 20, 2002)
- Special Guest Referee
- Hell in a Cell Match for the World Heavyweight Championship, Triple H vs. Kevin Nash, Bad Blood (June 15, 2003)
- Good Friends Gone Bad
- Hell in a Cell, Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H, Bad Blood (June 13, 2004)

Disc 3
- The Animal’s Evolution
- Hell in a Cell Match for the World Heavyweight Championship, Batista vs. Triple H, Vengeance (June 26, 2005)
- The Legend Killer
- Hell in a Cell, Undertaker vs. Randy Orton, Armageddon (December 18, 2005)
- The Amplified Version
- Hell in a Cell Handicap Match, Degeneration-X vs. Shane McMahon, Mr. McMahon & Big Show, Unforgiven (September 17, 2006)
- The End of the Line
- Hell in a Cell Match for the World Heavyweight Championship, Undertaker vs. Batista, Survivor Series (November 18, 2007)
- Defining A Career

That is all confirmed for the New Hell in a cell DVD. which looks like a MUST buy. at least for me.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #48 on: 21 August 2008, 02:53:52 AM »
Amazon.com recently sent out an e-mail to their customers informing them to pre-order a Randy Savage DVD from WWE. However, Vince McMahon actually cancelled the project after he found about it late last year and Amazon.com apparently weren't informed. Plans for the DVD were made without McMahon's approval as he quickly put the kibosh on it. Amazon.com still has a product page for the nixed DVD. It was tapped to be a nine-hour three-disc DVD set entitled Randy Savage: Macho Madness scheduled for release on November 18, 2008. In its place, WWE decided to release another DVD set on Eddie Guerrero, which is scheduled to be released on November 11.

I would personally rather have a mach man DVD than a eddie DVD. i mean i already have a Eddie DVD and im not sure what else they can put on theer thats not on the first one match wise. of course they will have something about his death and probably his tribute show but i would still rather have a macho man DVD beings i already have 1 eddie DVD.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #49 on: 21 August 2008, 03:01:44 AM »
Quote from: Adampro123;13908
I would personally rather have a mach man DVD than a eddie DVD. i mean i already have a Eddie DVD and im not sure what else they can put on theer thats not on the first one match wise. of course they will have something about his death and probably his tribute show but i would still rather have a macho man DVD beings i already have 1 eddie DVD.

Well I hate to break it to you, but it's not about what the fans want in this case. Vince hates Macho Man and there for isn't going to release a dvd on him. I'm pretty sure he knows how much bank the WWE would make by putting out a Macho Man dvd, but he it's obvious he doesn't care or else he would of put one out a long time ago.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline WWEFANbOy

« Reply #50 on: 21 August 2008, 03:23:46 AM »
I know that WWE would never do it but I would love to see them do a Team 3D DVD. Same with Edge and Christian. Speaking of that, on Sunday, during the WWE Summerslam live blog, Edge was on and he was asked a question about Christian in TNA and he said that its good for him to be liked instead of hated

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #51 on: 21 August 2008, 03:24:58 AM »
Quote from: CLMark;13910
Well I hate to break it to you, but it's not about what the fans want in this case. Vince hates Macho Man and there for isn't going to release a dvd on him. I'm pretty sure he knows how much bank the WWE would make by putting out a Macho Man dvd, but he it's obvious he doesn't care or else he would of put one out a long time ago.

Well you're breaking nothing because its never really what the fans want. but i actually think the eddie DVD will sell more than the macho man DVD beings eddie has been exposed more to all of the younger viewers who make up the majority of the WWE fan base now.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #52 on: 21 August 2008, 10:22:43 PM »
If Macho does get a DVD it will be something like a Warrior DVD on how "unprofessional" he was.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #53 on: 25 August 2008, 01:05:07 AM »
NoDQ.com

Reader Brent R. Taylor sent word that WWE has apparently cancelled the previously planned WCW Starrcade DVD set, which was set for release sometime this year. A few months ago, he pre-ordered the "Best of Starrcade" DVD from FYE (originally scheduled for release on July 8), but received an email notification from FYE telling him that his order had been cancelled. On the product page on Amazon.com, they're saying that the project "has been discontinued by the manufacturer."

Just thought i would pass that along. i was looking forward to this DVD.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #54 on: 25 August 2008, 11:39:59 AM »
Same here Adam but I noticed WWE were doing something on WWE.com about Starrcade instead where you had to pick a number of matches from each decade because I think they were going to make a 24/7 online program or something like that anyway. Still sucks though. :(

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #55 on: 26 August 2008, 09:21:51 PM »
Created in 1983, Starrcade was wrestling’s first annual supershow and served as the marquee event for the NWA, and later WCW, through 2000. Through the years, Starrcade featured some of the most unforgettable matches in sports entertainment history, headlined by some of the greatest legends and icons of all-time.

This year marks the 25th Anniversary of Starrcade and to commemorate this occasion we will feature a special entitled             “The Essential Starrcade” that can only be seen on WWE 24/7 On Demand in November.             This celebration will countdown the Top 25 All-time Greatest Starrcade matches.             To help determine the list we’re enlisting you, the fans, to vote on your favorite matches.             Vote today and be sure to check out WWE 24/7 in November to see the results of the poll.

Yeah here's whats on WWE.com about the Starrcade thing, just refound it the now.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #56 on: 29 August 2008, 06:38:09 PM »
So i finally got around to watching the john Cena my life DVD. the documentary was much like all of WWEs Documentaries. i would recommend that part of the DVD. but what sticks out the most is the lack of matches on this DVD. it has only 6 matches

Randy Ortons farewell match
The Prototype vs. Randy Orton
OVW 19/01/02

vs. Chris Jericho
Vengeance 21/07/02

I Quit" Match for the WWE Championship
vs. JBL
Judgment Day 22/05/05

John Cena, HBK, Hulk Hogan vs. Tyson Tomko, Chris Jericho, Christian
Raw 27/06/05

"Extreme Rules" Match for the WWE Championship
vs. RVD
ECW One Night Stand 11/06/06

TLC Match for the WWE Championship
vs. Edge
Unforgiven 17/09/06

now i know some of those were good.but i wanted to see more. i wanted to see all his wrestlemania matches. i wanted to see some matches against kurt angle. i wanted to see his match with jericho at summerslam a few years back.his match against brock, and maybe another match with and and edge. and most of all i wanted to see him vs bobby lashley because i remember seeing that and it was a great match and i would like to have it on DVD...just not the great american bash DVD because it wasn't a good show overall.

but yeah its a 3 disc set. disc 1 was good. it had the documentary on it and a few little extras. disc 2 had the 6 matches on it. and disc 3 had all his 5 questions on it.

it shows none of his full promos from his old days when he used to cut great promos on the likes of taker,brock,angle and so on.

So all and all. for the documentary i say wach this. but the whole DVD is a disappointment because it left out so much it could have put in and that i wanted to see.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #57 on: 29 August 2008, 08:05:47 PM »
Yeah his matches against Kurt Angle at No Mercy an Undertaker at Vengeance in 03 (i think) were pretty damn good. I'm surprised they aren't on there.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #58 on: 16 September 2008, 07:22:18 PM »
Edge's new DVD will be a three disc set entitled Edge: A Decade of Decadence. Amazon.com has this description of the DVD: Fans may love to hate Edge, but they'll love this impressive collection of matches where Edge has won the WWE Championship (2 times), World Heavyweight Championship (2 times), Intercontinental Championship (5 times), U.S. Championship, WWE Tag Team Championship, and World Tag Team Championship (11 times!). To date, the "Rated R Superstar" has never had a DVD collection highlighting his amazing career, but Edge: A Decade of Decadence changes that. This 3-DVD set will feature dozens of the greatest matches and moments from Edge's career. (Thanks To Shannon)

I love the fact that Edge would be getting a three disc, but then again I hate the new format they have with the 3 disc dvd set about wrestlers. I prefer to have a disc full of documentary on the wrestler and another disc (maybe two) featuring all there matches/promos.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #59 on: 17 September 2008, 12:16:30 AM »
it really isn't a new format if you'r talking about how they have the matches and then them talking in between them.because thats how it was back when the RVD DVD came out. but i agree i would much rather have the documentary and then 2 disc worth of matches.but this DVD should be great i can't wait to hear the matches announced for it.