Author Topic: Official WWE DVD Discussion Thread  (Read 7292 times)

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
Official WWE DVD Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: 28 June 2008, 02:15:42 AM »
I watched the RAW 15 DVD Set tonight and it was great seeing all the action. Some new stuff from early 90s and mid 00s and some memorable stuff from in between then. It misses out on some of the important storylines I think like the Ric Flair return in 01, McMahon Limo in 07 etc. but overall well worth it. The thing that annoyed me most was censoring WWF on Rock's promos, they just mute the volume over it. :(

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #16 on: 28 June 2008, 03:34:45 AM »
Well the only DVD's I have now are The four horsemen DVD and The Ultimate Ric Flair collection.  Both of these are really great to have especially if you are a die hard fan or mid eighties NWA like myself. The ric flair DVD has alot of great classic matches and the documentary is great also. The four horsemen DVD is just epic. It really goes indepth on what happened behind the scenes and why the originals had to break up at one point. I'm gonna have to watch that one tonight.

BTW, does anyone know when the Mr.Perfect DVD is supposed to be coming out?
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Dale

« Reply #17 on: 28 June 2008, 08:50:35 PM »
Ok so I just got finished watching The Rock - The Most Electrifying Man In Sports Entertainment and I personally loved every minute of it. Whether your a fan of him or not i'm pretty damn sure you'll love this DVD as it shows you how rose to stardom and became arguably the greatest in WWE history.

If your after a documentary which covers all of the Rock's background and growing up and what not then this isn't the DVD for you although the first 5-10 minutes briefly cover his football days and such. What it is, is a DVD that features 19 of The Rock's matches which equals to around 7 hours worth of footage. It shows the full match which makes it that even more awesomer. At the end of the matches there's a video package that last's around one or two minutes which sums up that chapter and then introduces you to the next chapter in his career.

Now when I heard about this DVD it was a certainty for me to buy but after hearing a review or two of it I didn't bother because apparently the censoring of the WWF logo was supposed to be extreme, however when I came to watch it, it really wasn't as bad as people were making it out to be. Yes it was there and yes you could see it but the fact is you get used to it and it didn't once take away my attention from what was actually going on in the match.

I've still got to watch the extra's disc which contains some of the greatest backstage interviews by The Rock and some of his greatest one liners so I don't no what the audio editing is like or how good it is, but fact of the matter is we all know how good his promo's were so nothing I would say would change your mind.

I'm sure there could of been a few more matches / feuds that could have been considered that weren't included such as Goldberg & Lesnar however the match that finishes the DVD is so damn good it was only right to be the main event so to speak so i'm not all that mad about it.

I enjoyed it so much, I'm even considering actually buying it :P

Edit: Just finished watching the promo disc now and as expected it totally kicked ass. 2 dissapointing things about it are that 1 hour 15mins is not nearly enough time for great Rock promo's and the last 15 minutes is supposed to be great one liners which they are, but it's the lines from the promos that were shown in the first hour which was a bit shitty. But still overall, this DVD Rocks :P

Match Listing:
Samoan Royalty                                                                         -
                                                                                             Thursday RAW, February 13, 1997. WWE Intercontinental Championship Match              
    Hunter Hearst Helmsley Vs. Rocky Malvia                                              

Rock The Ruler
                                                                                            RAW, April 6, 1998. WWE Intercontinental Championship Match                          

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #18 on: 28 June 2008, 11:12:55 PM »
Bret Hart: The best there is, The best there was, The best there ever will be
[/U][/B]

Well I just finished watching "Bret Hart: The best there was, the best there ever will be". The first hour just about put me to sleep honestly. Just talked about him wrestling for his high school and winning state and how he broke into pro wrestling. It's gets a little better when he talks about signing with the WWE and teaming up with Jim Neidhart.

The only parts that kept me interested were when he talked about going heel, the montreal screw job, and his days in the wcw. His life growing up was pretty typical. He never really had any hardships getting into the biz like other wrestlers and that didn't do the dvd any justice really.

The whole thing just seemed to be a bit watered down IMO. Like the people who did commentary (which wasn't many) held back on saying what happened backstage between the likes of vince and bret.

I think the DVD was a complete letdown and I personally wouldn't recommend buy it.
"This is my welcome!"

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #19 on: 29 June 2008, 04:52:57 PM »
The Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior
[/U]
This DVD was pretty interesting. Everyone basically had the same view point about the Ultimate Warrior but, I felt that some were over exaggerated. To be specific ...Bobby Heenan. All he rants about is how no one liked the Warrior, but then again people in the DVD said that they liked him, but he just rubbed them the wrong way with some of the things he did.

Another part that was well over exaggerated was when they talked about his promos. They said that no one never really understood what he was saying, but I personally didn't see nothing wrong with him. The guy was full of energy and what he said fit who his character was. What pissed me off about this part of the DVD was that they also took a cheap shot at Macho Man by saying the same thing about his promos. Macho Man had some of the most innovative and entertaining promos so I don't know what was the deal there.

The DVD really just goes into detail about his ego really. I watched the DVD expecting to hear about him doing something insanely crazy like stabbing a guy 20 times in a hotel room with a pair of scissors or something.

In my point of view the DVD would of been alot more better if they didn't act like his sanity was on the same level of New Jack's.
"This is my welcome!"

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #20 on: 29 June 2008, 06:55:07 PM »
I watched the Self-Destruction DVD Shanti and thought it was nothing other than a shot at Jim Hellwig the person as well as the character. As funny and controversial as the DVD is, I think it was wrong for the WWE to make. If Hellwig hasn't sued WWE yet I'm sure he will because that's slander/defamation of character.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #21 on: 30 June 2008, 12:26:08 AM »
The Royal Rumble DVD Compilations are pretty good... They are about $39.00 a peice at Wal-Mart but you get 6 DVD's in there and there full Royal Rumble pay-per-views. They are endless hours of fun re-watching the past and re-living old times.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #22 on: 1 July 2008, 09:32:08 AM »
Quote from: The Franchise;3146
Yeah that sounds good!

Hey Franchise, i was wondering if you were ever going to make the show review thread? i would but im not a mod and i couldn't sticky it and i thought it should be something that should be at the top along with this.

Offline Rated Punishment

« Reply #23 on: 3 July 2008, 06:27:11 AM »
You know whats a great watch the Rise and Fall of ECW, I have watched this about 50 times since it has come out on DVD, it really goes into detail about Heyman vs Bischoff, Dreamer rise to the top, Sandmans begin and end run, Taz injuries and more.

9/10 - it's a very solid job similar to Borash's version of it.
Just when you think you have won, you wake up in hospital.
Forum Veteran
Always makes an Impact

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #24 on: 12 July 2008, 11:28:57 AM »
 Since its inception in September 1979, the Intercontinental Championship has been regarded as one of sports-entertainment

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #25 on: 12 July 2008, 03:12:05 PM »
I voted.

80's70's

“Macho Man” Randy Savage vs. Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat
Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat vs. “Macho Man” Randy Savage
Ultimate Warrior vs. Honky Tonk Man

90's

British Bulldog vs. Bret “Hit Man” Hart
Razor Ramon vs. Shawn Michaels
The Rock vs. Triple H

2000's

Rob Van Dam vs. Jeff Hardy
Edge vs. Randy Orton
Rob Van Dam vs. Shelton Benjamin

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #26 on: 19 July 2008, 01:35:07 PM »
I was thinking they should make some new WWE DVDS. For me, Id like a Chris Jericho dvd, and Im shocked he hasn't had one yet... He's been around for a LONG time, and one of the best ever. An Edge dvd is also a must. his career would be one of the best, cause it has early stages with hardcore tag team shit, then his midcard singles run, and of course the current main event run he's had the past almost 4 years.

And also, I think they should really have a Batista dvd. IMO, I dont know how they haven't yet, cause alot of other guys have. A Batista one would be good, especially if they talk about his real life.

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #27 on: 19 July 2008, 01:40:08 PM »
Sorry for double post but am just putting down my votes for the IC Championship DVD.

1970-80s

Pat Patterson vs. Ted Dibiase
Tito Santana vs. Randy Savage
Ultimate Warrior vs. Honky Tonk Man

1990s
Triple H vs. The Rock
Bret Hart vs. Roddy Piper
Bret Hart vs. British Bulldog

2000s
Rob Van Dam vs. Jeff Hardy
Rob Van Dam vs. Shelton Benjamin
Shelton Benjamin vs. Johnny Nitro vs. Carlito

Offline Zuccini

« Reply #28 on: 19 July 2008, 01:42:39 PM »
Yeh i agree they need t make a Batista dvd. A great superstar and deserves a dvd or even a book. Has HHH got a dvd for himself?

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #29 on: 19 July 2008, 01:45:10 PM »
Quote from: Zuccini;8203
A great superstar and deserves a dvd or even a book. Has HHH got a dvd for himself?

Lol you're a bit slow. Yes he has got a new DVD called King of Kings. I have seen some of it and it is actually not too bad of a DVD. I wouldn't purchase it, but it is worth a download :P