Author Topic: Umaga to cut Promos?  (Read 903 times)

Offline RyPrax

  • FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 9097
  • FINISH. HIM.
Umaga to cut Promos?
« on: 26 June 2008, 03:25:12 AM »
Quote
-There have been discussions about having Umaga cut his own promos in the future. The buzz backstage is that they are planning to reveal that he can speak English soon.


LOLZ! I can't wait to hear this! Although I love the jibberish, the guy deserves it. One of the hardest working guys in the WWE and I really hope they give him a world title run at some point. Probably one of the best pure gimmicks in a long time, and if Khali can have a 63 day title run, Umaga certainly deserves a shot a carrying a brand.


Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Cannon

  • Your mom's boyfriend.
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1232
Umaga to cut Promos?
« Reply #1 on: 26 June 2008, 03:39:40 AM »
Quote from: Prax;2793
LOLZ! I can't wait to hear this! Although I love the jibberish, the guy deserves it. One of the hardest working guys in the WWE and I really hope they give him a world title run at some point. Probably one of the best pure gimmicks in a long time, and if Khali can have a 63 day title run, Umaga certainly deserves a shot a carrying a brand.


There is one GLARING diffrence between Khali and Umaga.......

UMAGA CAN WRESTLE! Umaga is one of the best wrestlers WWE he has. He and Jeff Hardy can constantly put on good matches, Umaga and John Cena put on good matches, for that matter Umaga and anybody can. I would love to see him with a title run. He is awesome.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline RyPrax

  • FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 9097
  • FINISH. HIM.
Umaga to cut Promos?
« Reply #2 on: 26 June 2008, 04:01:54 AM »
Quote from: Mr.Cannon;2800
There is one GLARING diffrence between Khali and Umaga.......

UMAGA CAN WRESTLE! Umaga is one of the best wrestlers WWE he has. He and Jeff Hardy can constantly put on good matches, Umaga and John Cena put on good matches, for that matter Umaga and anybody can. I would love to see him with a title run. He is awesome.


I have no arguments with that and I'm a Khali mark.

 Frankly I had no problem with Khali's run. Being the biggest guy in WWE, one of the two biggest of all time, and how dominant they make him seem, it would be unrealistic if he DIDN'T eventually win a championship at some point. And frankly, his title reign was entertaining. He can't wrestle, but he was fun to watch sometimes. His matches were so bad they were good, if you get what i'm saying.

ANd Umaga certainly is one of the best guys in the WWE. The point I was trying to make was that if Khali got a title reign cause he was big and dominant..... Umaga should too... because he's big and dominant but he can also wrestle!


Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Ms H.B.K.

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 265
Umaga to cut Promos?
« Reply #3 on: 26 June 2008, 05:26:36 PM »
Fantastic news! It's about bloody time as well, the guy has put in the time and work, so this is perfect to round off his character. I'm so pleased for him!

Offline Mini Kong

  • Ari Gold is GOD!!
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1085
Umaga to cut Promos?
« Reply #4 on: 26 June 2008, 05:29:32 PM »
Well it's about damn time. Hopefully this will help him get pushed back to the main event.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.


Offline TJChurch

  • Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
  • ****
  • Posts: 401
Umaga to cut Promos?
« Reply #5 on: 26 June 2008, 07:10:47 PM »
What he does isn't wrestling, & this gimmick is heavily overdone.
 
All he should say is, "I'm going to spend some time in developmental again."

Offline geek 3.14

  • #1 Kane fan
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 207
Umaga to cut Promos?
« Reply #6 on: 27 June 2008, 04:26:53 PM »
Quote from: Mr.Cannon;2800
There is one GLARING diffrence between Khali and Umaga.......

UMAGA CAN WRESTLE! Umaga is one of the best wrestlers WWE he has. He and Jeff Hardy can constantly put on good matches, Umaga and John Cena put on good matches, for that matter Umaga and anybody can. I would love to see him with a title run. He is awesome.


You actually took the words right out of my head. LOL Umaga is really fun to watch and I have been wanting to see him get a push for a while! This is fantastic news!!:lol2:


Offline Ms H.B.K.

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 265
Umaga to cut Promos?
« Reply #7 on: 27 June 2008, 06:19:01 PM »
I assume, they are going to build his character and also allow him to become more technical in what he does. If he can communicate then the frustrated bulldozer act will need to be stepped up to accomodate for the change. We all know the guy is good behind all that, and in great shape.

Offline Barz

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 213
Umaga to cut Promos?
« Reply #8 on: 27 June 2008, 06:24:05 PM »
Good news. As others have said, Umaga puts on good matches consistently and its rare to get that from a big guy nowadays. Most big guys just rely heavily on their gimmicks to get over, but Umaga can get it done in the ring. I can't wait to see his promo's and see what it does in terms of building more of his character.

Offline TJChurch

  • Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
  • ****
  • Posts: 401
Umaga to cut Promos?
« Reply #9 on: 27 June 2008, 07:55:22 PM »
He doesn't put on good matches; Most now are not even "matches"... And that's saying something, considering half of them have been against Cena or Jeff.

Offline RyPrax

  • FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 9097
  • FINISH. HIM.
Umaga to cut Promos?
« Reply #10 on: 27 June 2008, 09:11:09 PM »
Quote from: TJChurch;3237
He doesn't put on good matches; Most now are not even "matches"... And that's saying something, considering half of them have been against Cena or Jeff.


You must be joking. He's worked well with everyone. He knows exactly what to do to make his opponents look good (which is his role in the long run), and pulled some AMAZING matches out of Jeff and Cena, among others, guys who have been criticized a lot in the past for their work.

Umaga is one of the best wrestlers in WWE right now


Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline TJChurch

  • Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
  • ****
  • Posts: 401
Umaga to cut Promos?
« Reply #11 on: 27 June 2008, 09:15:54 PM »
Quote from: Prax;3264
You must be joking. He's worked well with everyone. He knows exactly what to do to make his opponents look good (which is his role in the long run), and pulled some AMAZING matches out of Jeff and Cena, among others, guys who have been criticized a lot in the past for their work.
 
Umaga is one of the best wrestlers in WWE right now

You're the one that's joking; The reason they put him in several against the same guys (including more than 1 run against Jeff, with months in between), is b/c he needs to face guys who know how to work him.
 
The Ebert thumbs-up & Rikishi butt-bump do not a wrestler make.... Nor do they an untalented gimmick hide. (Note I said "Gimmick"... Was just watching 3MW on DVD, & they were decent.... Literally couldn't believe it was the same guy.)

Offline RyPrax

  • FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 9097
  • FINISH. HIM.
Umaga to cut Promos?
« Reply #12 on: 27 June 2008, 09:22:24 PM »
Quote from: TJChurch;3267
You're the one that's joking; The reason they put him in several against the same guys (including more than 1 run against Jeff, with months in between), is b/c he needs to face guys who know how to work him.
 
The Ebert thumbs-up & Rikishi butt-bump do not a wrestler make.... Nor do they an untalented gimmick hide. (Note I said "Gimmick"... Was just watching 3MW on DVD, & they were decent.... Literally couldn't believe it was the same guy.)


I don't understand. His move set isn't limited. He draws great reactions from the crowd. He's athletic (very much so for a bigger man), and he's worked well with everyone (and don't tell me it's Jeff "get all my spots in" Hardy and John Cena who make him look good... I like Cena but I'm the first to admit that he needs a good wrestler to carry him in a lot of cases... And Despite working with HBK, Triple H, Edge, etc... the consensus will normally be that his best matches were against Umaga).

The butt-bump and the Samoan Spike are original and innovative moves too...


Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline TJChurch

  • Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
  • ****
  • Posts: 401
Umaga to cut Promos?
« Reply #13 on: 28 June 2008, 03:41:58 AM »
Quote from: Prax;3272
I don't understand. His move set isn't limited. He draws great reactions from the crowd. He's athletic (very much so for a bigger man), and he's worked well with everyone (and don't tell me it's Jeff "get all my spots in" Hardy and John Cena who make him look good... I like Cena but I'm the first to admit that he needs a good wrestler to carry him in a lot of cases... And Despite working with HBK, Triple H, Edge, etc... the consensus will normally be that his best matches were against Umaga).
 
The butt-bump and the Samoan Spike are original and innovative moves too...

He gets decent reactions, but far less than he did at the start pf the gimmick... And mainly sarcasm, laughing, etc.
 
He's not very athletic, even for a "bigger man".
 
Cena's best matches were never against Umaga; More the other way around.
 
The butt-bump was, as I said, Rikishi's first (if not someone else's before), & the "spike" isn't evena  wrestling maneuver, nor is it painful. (Unless I count again my stomach hurting from laughing... During the last DX reunion setup, HBK took it in a house show near here, & flopped electro-shock-style all over the ring... Finally, someone treated it as the joke it was.)

Offline RyPrax

  • FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 9097
  • FINISH. HIM.
Umaga to cut Promos?
« Reply #14 on: 28 June 2008, 04:11:50 AM »
Quote from: TJChurch;3308
He gets decent reactions, but far less than he did at the start pf the gimmick... And mainly sarcasm, laughing, etc.
 
He's not very athletic, even for a "bigger man".
 
Cena's best matches were never against Umaga; More the other way around.
 
The butt-bump was, as I said, Rikishi's first (if not someone else's before), & the "spike" isn't evena  wrestling maneuver, nor is it painful. (Unless I count again my stomach hurting from laughing... During the last DX reunion setup, HBK took it in a house show near here, & flopped electro-shock-style all over the ring... Finally, someone treated it as the joke it was.)



How can you even say that he's not athletic? That's just stupid. His matches are fast paced and full of athletic spots...

Where do you hear anyone laughing or being sarcastic about umaga in arenas?

And yes Umaga's best matches were against Cena, but it was mutual between the two of them.

As for the butt-bump, you're treating it like the first time anyone used a move that was used before in the past....

And as for the spike... you say it's not a wrestling maneuver... is the mandible claw a wrestling maneuver? It's not, but it still got over with the fans and everyone. Hell, the punch or a kick isn't a "wrestling" maneuver per say but people still do them, so what's your point? And are you sure it doesn't hurt? Can I shove my thumb through your throat so we can test that theory?


Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.