Author Topic: The New Mayhem  (Read 1569 times)

Offline Will

The New Mayhem
« on: 6 July 2009, 10:01:53 AM »
Hey guys, I thought I'd take the chance to update you all on what's happening in terms of plans for the site and what direction we're heading in.

Since I took over WWEMayhem, the plan was always to merge the site with my existing site, TotalWrestling.net. This would have created a huge news/community site, taking the best features from both sites and creating a new 'megasite'.

As you'll no doubt be aware, things haven't gone according to plan. My time has been restricted with other projects that have meant I haven't been able to put the effort into this project that it requires. Having considered all this, we will not be merging the two sites.

However, this is not the end of the plans. Instead we will be taking the existing infrastructure here at WWEMayhem and expanding on it. This will require much less time and work but will still offer the same new experience we intended to create on TotalWrestling.

The first step of these new plans has already been put into place over the weekend with the launch of our new website, available at the main URL; WWEMayhem. This will be maintained by myself and some of the moderating/admin team from the forums. It will provide all the latest WWE news & results. As we grow we will also offer live PPV coverage, columns from wrestling personalties and reviews of WWE related media, such as DVD's and video games.

I hope you will see that although the original plans of merging are no longer taking place, the ideas we had for the new site will now be focused entirely on WWEMayhem.

On a side note, the site itself is very much in it's early stages, so you may come across errors or slight cosmetic issues. If you do find anything, please email me direct on will@workedshoot.net, as I will be working on this throughout the week. Also if you have any comments or suggestions, let me know too.

Thanks,
Willl

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
The New Mayhem
« Reply #1 on: 6 July 2009, 02:11:25 PM »
Very happy about this and looking forward to contributing as much as possible.

Thanks will!

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
The New Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: 6 July 2009, 02:34:12 PM »
When I logged into Mayhem this morning I was actually amazed, we haven't had anything like that since I've been here and I've been here since late 2006 if I'm correct. Would of been cool to merge and increase activity but it's cool, I'm glad Mayhem is going forward.

Cheers Will.

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
The New Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: 6 July 2009, 02:45:39 PM »
a merge would have been awesome beings we sure could use a lot of fresh faces around here. but oh well.

i like the new banner and any effort to make this place better is welcomed. thanks will.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
The New Mayhem
« Reply #4 on: 6 July 2009, 03:36:08 PM »
I'm also happy about this and excited about the direction we are now moving in - it can only mean good for the future of Mayhem.

@J2M - I think at times there was a splash page, or if you mean something involving news, the closest to that was a newsletter (but that never really took off).
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
The New Mayhem
« Reply #5 on: 6 July 2009, 04:01:26 PM »
Main site looks awesome, props to you for getting it done so quickly Will.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
The New Mayhem
« Reply #6 on: 7 July 2009, 05:19:43 PM »
i was just testing out some things on the news ite and when i click contact the screen just go's white. i just thought i would let the higher power know this.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
The New Mayhem
« Reply #7 on: 7 July 2009, 05:23:52 PM »
It looks good and I hope we start getting more members pouring in with this great look. I also think that I should be given a column that would be posted on the the main page. Afterall, I'm the freaking man!

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline THK

The New Mayhem
« Reply #8 on: 7 July 2009, 08:27:36 PM »
Haha, Ace.

Will you are the man! I hope just as much as everybody else this means we get a shower full of members and mayhem could enlarge and expand. Thanks man!

Championships
(The first) World Champion - 9/8/08 - (current)

Record:
4-0

Next Match:
Yet to be determined.

Top Five history rankings
1st place - 1x (Sept. 10)
2nd place - 1x (Oct. 14)
3rd place - 2x (Aug. 21 & Sept. 1)

Offline Axel

The New Mayhem
« Reply #9 on: 7 July 2009, 11:54:29 PM »
Nice, the new look is badass. But I think there's a couple bug on the flash page.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
The New Mayhem
« Reply #10 on: 12 July 2009, 03:49:41 PM »
I just got my internet back so I'm sorta late with this. The main site looks awesome.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Ms H.B.K.

The New Mayhem
« Reply #11 on: 12 July 2009, 09:58:17 PM »
Shanti!!!!!!!!! (Spam??/ as if I would! balme the 2 bottles of wine goddamm ittt!!!")

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
The New Mayhem
« Reply #12 on: 19 July 2009, 04:11:58 PM »
mine isn't working right :(

Offline Dale

The New Mayhem
« Reply #13 on: 19 July 2009, 05:12:46 PM »
Shame on you for a start for using Internet Explorer. Secondly, it's in the stages of being updated so it may not be fully functional.