Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* *SPOILERS* RAW Discussion 15/06/09: 3-for-All  (Read 951 times)

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
*OFFICIAL* *SPOILERS* RAW Discussion 15/06/09: 3-for-All
« Reply #15 on: 16 June 2009, 04:36:11 PM »
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;29256

Well it doesn't mean trump won't assign a GM or an assistant or something. Vince owned raw but he still had a GM. I never said you have to like it, I just don't see a reason not to like it. It's unexpected, it's unpredictable, it'll help draw, and it's something different.

All I'm saying is that I know a lot of people won't even bother to give it a chance.

Just because things are unexpected or unpredictable doesn't mean they are always good. No one expected it to be Rikishi ("I did it for The Rock") to run over Stone Cold.

In my opinion I don't think Donald Trump talking on a titantron isn't going to bump up ratings. But that's just me. I'm willing to give it a chance, but I'm just saying I really don't like the decision.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #16 on: 16 June 2009, 05:07:18 PM »
I am getting so annoyed with the same predictable crap as well, another HHH/Orton feud now and let me guess it ends when HHH wins title only to lose it because Orton cheats and injures him bringing back Batista again to feud with Orton. All the while Flair keeps randomly showing up and picking fights with Orton so we all think WOW LOOK WHAT HAPPENED WITH EVOLUTION.
Then to quench our thirsts when this gets a bit boring we will put Cena in every single type of match ever with the Big Show because that is something nobody can get enough of.
The only things I'm enjoying are Kofi as the US champion and The Miz's promos but he needs to do something big over Cena if they want to continue this and not just whack him with a chair when he is already down.
I do like the Colons but if Priceless are somehow involved in their match then it sucks.

On Smackdown we have an exciting main event. CM Punk, Jeff Hardy and Edge are cutting some interesting promo's and putting on some great matches. Fair enough it's not perfect, Morrison and Benjamin's feud is more of a crush than a rivalry but at least we are getting interesting matches and on the whole it is fairly exciting.

Offline Axel

« Reply #17 on: 16 June 2009, 05:36:18 PM »
Raw has officially lost me. It's become horrible. Nobody wants to see Orton/Triple H again, It's been done to death.

This is what I mean by wasting talent. MVP comes out and announces he wants a title shot but they have him the first man to be thrown over the top rope? Bull crap.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #18 on: 16 June 2009, 05:42:21 PM »
Quote from: Axel;29264
MVP comes out and announces he wants a title shot but they have him the first man to be thrown over the top rope? Bull crap.

I forgot to mention that. I think he should of been the final three with Triple H and John Cena. But then again he hasn't been getting very big pops from the crowd lately either...which is a shame I think.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #19 on: 16 June 2009, 06:59:53 PM »
Quote from: John Doe;29262
I am getting so annoyed with the same predictable crap as well, another HHH/Orton feud now and let me guess it ends when HHH wins title only to lose it because Orton cheats and injures him bringing back Batista again to feud with Orton. All the while Flair keeps randomly showing up and picking fights with Orton so we all think WOW LOOK WHAT HAPPENED WITH EVOLUTION.
Then to quench our thirsts when this gets a bit boring we will put Cena in every single type of match ever with the Big Show because that is something nobody can get enough of.
The only things I'm enjoying are Kofi as the US champion and The Miz's promos but he needs to do something big over Cena if they want to continue this and not just whack him with a chair when he is already down.
I do like the Colons but if Priceless are somehow involved in their match then it sucks.

On Smackdown we have an exciting main event. CM Punk, Jeff Hardy and Edge are cutting some interesting promo's and putting on some great matches. Fair enough it's not perfect, Morrison and Benjamin's feud is more of a crush than a rivalry but at least we are getting interesting matches and on the whole it is fairly exciting.

I i could i would rep you but it says i gotta spread the love around more.lol

Exactly how i feel

Offline Dale

« Reply #20 on: 17 June 2009, 03:35:23 AM »
I'm not even going to lie, I actually I enjoyed Raw and that's saying something considering Raw usually bores the shit out of me.

Jericho vs Rey was an AWESOME show opener. These two guys have such awesome chemistry together and I think it's impossible for the two of them to have a bad match together

The fatal fourway I surprisingly didn't mind and the trade off of finishers as that end was pretty cool.

Trump being announced as the new owner kind of dissapointed me. I'm not going to shit on it yet but i'll give it time to develop and see what happens then. When Vince announced that it was a guy who had previous history with and that he would never let his feelings get in the way of a good business decision, I was honestly hoping that it would be Eric Bischoff and in my opinion it would have been so much better, but like I said i'll give this angle time.

Mickie vs Rosa you won't want to hear about so I won't go into it.

Goldust / Hornswoggle / Miz segment was actually pretty damn hilarious and it's clear to see why i've always been a fan of Goldust as he is pure comedy gold. I could see the whole someone being shot in the balls coming from a mile off, but I was actually expecting Miz to take it. I'm still loving The Miz' promos and how they have that shooter element to them. It was also nice to hear him get quite alot of you suck chants.

Triple Threat I don't seem to remember too much about other than the closing minutes with the sick knee bump that Punk took. I remember Dylan saying to me on msn that he thought the finish made Punk look weak, but I thought that it was a pretty good heelish tactic if they are indeed going that way with Punk.

The tag match I enjoyed aswell not only because i'm a mark for both teams, but for the awesome commentary by Priceless. I lol'd when Cole called out Ted when he said Priceless was 'more better' than something. Did anybody else hear either Ted or Cody sneezing at one point through the broadcast :lol?

Santino segment with Vince was rather funny aswell :D

Battle royal was ok but far too predictable. The best part of the whole match though was when Priceless eliminated Kofi and they did that taunt afterwards, it had me in frigging stitches. I would have liked to have seen some more interaction between Miz and Cena though with Miz possibly costing him the chance at competing for the title at The Bash but no 8-)

Rather impressive Raw, hope it continues through to next week.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #21 on: 17 June 2009, 02:32:14 PM »
Partial source: F4Wonline

- The first hour of this week's RAW scored a 3.3 rating with 4,561,000 viewers. The second hour did a 3.75 rating with an average of 5.72 million viewers and the third hour was seen by 6,091,000 viewers with a 4.1 rating. RAW averaged 5.5 million viewers this week with a male skew of 66% and a median age of 36.

I found a more thorough report on the torch but their links and color codes are fail.

Basically this is great news for raw and has the potential to prove me right for the Trump thing :P

These are great numbers for the E, the regular 2 hour slot essentially drew a 3.9, which is the highest number in a while (up 8% from last week). the regular slot for the 3 hour shows usually draws better, but this is still fairly higher than the last one and the first time raw hits 6 million viewers since around Wrestlemania. And I think it has at least a little to do with Trump. With people having a 1 week notice and him being in the building next week, I'd bet RAW gets a pretty good number as well, especially with a last man standing title match announced.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #22 on: 17 June 2009, 04:56:36 PM »
i really don't see how trump had anything to do with this past weeks ratings beings he wasn't advertised and even after that 1 segment he wasn't advertised for the show any longer. and im sure people didn't call there freinds and were like "hey dud trump is on raw yeahhh lets watch it woo" or something along those lines. if he will have any effect it will be next week if anything the ratings have to be credited to the build up of the 3 world title matches and the fact we were going to get a new champion and as much as i hate to say it could even be due to triple H's return last week.

anyways here's a bit more news.

WWE stock dropped as much as 6.7 percent on Tuesday and at least one stock exchange analyst is blaming the Donald Trump storyline.

Maxwell Murphy of Dow Jones News Plus says: "For starters, public companies don't announce mergers and acquisitions involving one of their most lucrative brands as part of staged, circus-like events. And if, heaven forbid, they do, they certainly must file with alacrity an 8-K with the Securities and Exchange Commission to announce and explain the pact, which WWE hasn't done."

Murphy also noted that he contacted USA Network, which issued a press release to trumpet the storyline sale. "A USA spokesman referred questions to WWE about whether the release could mislead WWE investors who don't get the joke, or run afoul of Securities and Exchange Commission disclosure rules," continued Maxell. "An SEC spokesman wasn't familiar with the situation, but doubted the agency would have a comment one way or the other about the propriety of such a press release."

A WWE spokesperson noted that the Trump sale "will make for great television," but danced around directly admitting the sale was a storyline.

so the stock is down due to trump but more so due to the fact that people that buy WWE stock and think that this was anything more than a storyline are complete fucking morons!

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #23 on: 17 June 2009, 05:31:03 PM »
Well at least we can agree on one thing... who ever buys WWE stock without knowing that something like this could happen in TV is pretty stupid.

And yes, Adam, on short notice something like this could affect the ratings of a show segment to segment... that's why Nielsen does quarter hour breakdowns. When you hear that someone tuned out of a show because of a given segment, it could also work the other way around, that it would be affected by something that may get peopel to tune it. If you're watching and they have Cena vs. Big Show, then you're likely to tune out. But you know that match might only last like 10 minutes, so you tune back in after 10 minutes and if the show has something that interests you again, you tune back in. If casual fans are flipping the channels and hear that Donald trump just ''bought'' raw, then that's certainly something that could interest them.

Especially if they have an extra hour to watch the show. But this is true week to week. This is why they'll put a main event at the beginning and middle of the show as well at the end and why they don't just stagger it from least to most interesting like they do for PPVs.

And you can't tell me it's the title matches or the extra hour, simply. There have been plenty of announcements of big matches beforehand for RAW, and none of them have led to an 8% increase from one week to the next, not in a long time anyway.

Offline Axel

« Reply #24 on: 18 June 2009, 03:15:29 AM »
Quote from: Sycho Shanti;29265
MVP comes out and announces he wants a title shot but they have him the first man to be thrown over the top rope? Bull crap.

I forgot to mention that. I think he should of been the final three with Triple H and John Cena. But then again he hasn't been getting very big pops from the crowd lately either...which is a shame I think.
I'm really getting sick of the WWE fanbase more than ever. MVP works his ass off as a face and get still gets nothing, but Khali can get over easily.

Still despite how the fans react to him, he still needs a WWE title shot. Not just for his personal career but because RAW needs some talent other than Cena, Triple H, Big Show, etc.

Everything on RAW is simply horrible. Expect for Miz, Kofi and MVP.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #25 on: 18 June 2009, 01:42:51 PM »
Quote from: Axel;29356

I'm really getting sick of the WWE fanbase more than ever. MVP works his ass off as a face and get still gets nothing, but Khali can get over easily.

Still despite how the fans react to him, he still needs a WWE title shot. Not just for his personal career but because RAW needs some talent other than Cena, Triple H, Big Show, etc.

I think I am just about the only person who doesn't think MVP will make a good main eventer. The guy bores me in the ring, he isn't the worst but i just hate all his moves and I have noticed he bodges up moves quite often. His voice irritates me as well. The only thing I ever liked about him was that he seemed to have that "it" factor when it came down to charisma but now I don't even think he does, the fans don't even really get behind him.
There are others who I think should be transitioned into main eventers before him and most of them are on the Smackdown roster. However I would rather see him get a main event push than continue to see the same people in the Raw main event.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: 18 June 2009, 02:20:53 PM »
Quote from: John Doe;29378
Quote from: Axel;29356

I think I am just about the only person who doesn't think MVP will make a good main eventer. The guy bores me in the ring, he isn't the worst but i just hate all his moves and I have noticed he bodges up moves quite often. His voice irritates me as well. The only thing I ever liked about him was that he seemed to have that "it" factor when it came down to charisma but now I don't even think he does, the fans don't even really get behind him.
There are others who I think should be transitioned into main eventers before him and most of them are on the Smackdown roster. However I would rather see him get a main event push than continue to see the same people in the Raw main event.

I actually agree with you a lot John doe. i used to be a  MVP fan but over the last half year or so i have just lost interest in him, his matches aren't bad but theres nothing he does to stand out in them. the prime time elix skipper rip off finisher sucks and overall i think he's much better as a heel because when he's a face he seems like he's trying too hard because the crowed just doesn't seem naturally into him like they are for guys like Kofi, Christian or bourne to name a few faces in the mid card. it also may have something to do with the fact that they haven't given him any real feud on raw since getting drafted. i guess you could say he somewhat has a feud with matt hardy going but really they are just thrown in matches togetehr because WWE creative sucks and can't think of anything to do for either guy.

And lastly i have also noticed he has fucked up or almost fucked up a lot of moves here lately.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #27 on: 18 June 2009, 02:22:47 PM »
You know, I like MVP, but hating the fanbase for not liking him is retarded. If that's the case, you should hate them for booing Cena half the time. They can boo, cheer or ignore who ever they want.