Author Topic: Fan Ejected From Yankee Stadium For...  (Read 357 times)

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

  • Super Duper Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 1173
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
Fan Ejected From Yankee Stadium For...
« on: 15 April 2009, 11:52:49 PM »
Quote from: New York (AP)
A baseball fan says he was ejected from Yankee Stadium for leaving his seat to use the bathroom while

Offline RyPrax

  • FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 9097
  • FINISH. HIM.
Fan Ejected From Yankee Stadium For...
« Reply #1 on: 25 April 2009, 04:51:47 PM »
At the same time that I understand that you should respect the anthem of your country or another, I think it's silly that they're played at sporting events anyway. From something I read a long time ago, the only reasons anthems were ever introduced in sports were:

a) to increase the rivalry between the Montreal Canadiens and Toronto Maple leafs in hockey, in Canada.

b) as a means of propaganda during wars.


So why do we continue to do this today? Why do we have to respect a damn song? And why is it such a big deal when people don't, yet they can hold protest and flag burnings and you name it all over the world.

I've experienced this situation myself. Just last week during the playoffs in hockey here in Montreal, the american anthem was booed in the games against Boston by a good 10% of the arena. The other 90% was chanting GO Habs Go... and on hockey forums I go to people bitched and called Montreal fans classless... but it's done all over the states too for the Canadian anthem... so what's the problem? It's just a song.

The only angle I can understand is that it is a yankees policy and if they want to enforce it in their own building that's fine. But this guy strikes me as someone who just wants to stir the shit pot, so I don't really have any sympathy for him. His claims are outrageous but I agree with the general point he's trying to make.


Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Dale

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3673
Fan Ejected From Yankee Stadium For...
« Reply #2 on: 25 April 2009, 06:59:24 PM »
Quote from: Prax;26861
At the same time that I understand that you should respect the anthem of your country or another, I think it's silly that they're played at sporting events anyway.

Agree with you. Over here during England Football Internationals the national anthem is always played before hand. I personally never join in and sing it and only half of the players are usually seen to be singing it, but it doesn't mean we don't respect it. I personally don't see the need to play it before every game which looks to be the norm in the US and I'm so glad we don't have it happen over here as it would drive me insane.